Totally illogical, there was no chance. -- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

SubjectAuthor
* Call for more Bitmessage Onion PeersBitmessage
+* Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion PeersD

Pages:123
Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u60kcj$th1c$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14396&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14396

Followup: alt.anonymous
From: bit...@message.peers (Bitmessage)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.cypherpunks,alt.anonymous,alt.bbs
Subject: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:44:32 -0500
logging-data="967724"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: Bitmessage - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 01:44 UTC

The Bitmessage anonymous network would benefit from more hidden onion
peers that accept incoming onion connections.

https://bitmessage.org

Development on Bitmessage has halted, but it has not been abandoned.
Re-organization of resources and developers is going on behind the
scenes to improve the development infrastructure before continuing with
main development. Now is a very good time to get many more peers online
to improve the availability and resilience of the Bitmessage network.

Please consider setting up one or more hidden onion peers on your VPS
or home servers. PyBitmessage running in daemon mode does not use a lot
of resources so all VPS ops should already have room for a peer.
PyBitmessage will run fine even on a 512MB Linux VPS which you can get
for about $10-15 per year.

Get a dirt cheap VPS:

https://lowendbox.com/

You can use pre-paid anonymous credit cards to pay for VPS services so
your own anonymity is maintained.

It is also simple to run a PyBitmessage daemon inside a security jail.
If you are unsure of how to do this please ask in alt.anonymous or
alt.cypherpunks with your specific system specs and requirements.

It is very easy to script the jail requirements on Debian. If doing a
fresh setup choose Debian for less headaches to get up and running.

If you have multiple servers please run multiple peers. Every bit helps
improve the redundancy and anonymity of the network.

https://bitmessage.org

If you are using Windows you can run a Bitmessage app locally
configured with a hidden service over Tor and accept incoming
connections to route for the network. Even if you don't have a VPS this
helps just the same as running Bitmessage on a server.

Some mixmaster users are just 'clients' and have never run a server or
VPS. You don't know what you are missing! Nowadays it is extremely easy
to set up a Debian or Ubuntu VPS. Most good providers now are so easy to
use that a few mouse clicks is all it takes. You do not need to be a
system administration expert to run something as simple as
PyBitmessage. Bitmessage is far easier to configure than a mixmaster or
NNTP server or a BBS. I found it easier to use Bitmessage than using
the old Quicksilver Mixmaster client.

If you do establish a onion Bitmessage peer please eventually announce
it here on Usenet, but DO NOT announce which hidden onion address is
yours. That would link it to your Usenet traffic, which you don't want.
Just a friendly blurb like, 'now running a Bitmessage onion service' is
enough notice. Perhaps do a one-time nymshift for the announcement as
well just for privacy sake.

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<6a589ceb062f038344b9c89516ac6ade@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14397&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14397

From: J...@M (D)
Subject: Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 04:41:19 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 02:41 UTC

On Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:44:32 -0500, Bitmessage <bit@message.peers> wrote:
>I found it easier to use

OmniMix v2.6.8 (2022-12):
https://www.danner-net.de/om.htm
https://www.danner-net.de/om/History.txt
https://www.danner-net.de/omom/index.htm
https://www.danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe
https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorwme.htm
>OmniMix * Tutorial * Whole Message Encryption (WME)
>It's obvious to prevent your normal e-mail correspondence from being spied on ...
>
> Pros and cons of different communication methods
>
> Ordinary PGP WME Remailing Remailing Nym Nym
> Mail + WME + WME
>Contents Protection No Reduced* Complete* No Complete* No Complete*
>Reply Capability Yes Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes
>Anonymity towards an external observer No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
>Anonymity between the correspondents No No No Yes No Yes Yes
>Latency Low Low Low Medium Medium High High
>Reliability High High High Medium Medium Low Low
>
> * Reduced: Net data only / Complete: Data + structure

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u612da$vfdl$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14399&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14399

From: anonym...@example.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 00:43:51 -0500
logging-data="1031605"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 05:43 UTC

On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 04:41:19 +0200 (CEST)
D <J@M> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:44:32 -0500, Bitmessage <bit@message.peers>
> wrote:
> >I found it easier to use
>
> OmniMix v2.6.8 (2022-12):

And your point is ... ?

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<20230610.032007.470cdff4@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14400&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14400

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net 6187840219
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 03:20:07 -0400
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 07:20 UTC

On Sat 10 Jun 2023 8:43 am, Anonymous wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 04:41:19 +0200 (CEST)
> D <J@M> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:44:32 -0500, Bitmessage <bit@message.peers>
>> wrote:
>>> I found it easier to use
>>
>> OmniMix v2.6.8 (2022-12):
>
> And your point is ... ?

OmniMix v2.6.8 is closed source. Why?

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<ceda25668076e8a182b1d87fac659410@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14401&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14401

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 12:54:42 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 10:54 UTC

In article <u612da$vfdl$1@news.mixmin.net> Anonymous wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 04:41:19 +0200 (CEST)
>D <J@M> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:44:32 -0500, Bitmessage <bit@message.peers>
>> wrote:
>> >I found it easier to use
>>
>> OmniMix v2.6.8 (2022-12):
>
>> OmniMix v2.6.8 (2022-12):
>> https://www.danner-net.de/om.htm
>> https://www.danner-net.de/om/History.txt
>> https://www.danner-net.de/omom/index.htm
>> https://www.danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe
>> https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorwme.htm
>>> OmniMix * Tutorial * Whole Message Encryption (WME)
>>> It's obvious to prevent your normal e-mail correspondence from being spied on ...
>>>
>>> Pros and cons of different communication methods
>>>
>>> Ordinary PGP WME Remailing Remailing Nym Nym
>>> Mail + WME + WME
>>> Contents Protection No Reduced* Complete* No Complete* No Complete*
>>> Reply Capability Yes Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes
>>> Anonymity towards an external observer No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
>>> Anonymity between the correspondents No No No Yes No Yes Yes
>>> Latency Low Low Low Medium Medium High High
>>> Reliability High High High Medium Medium Low Low
>>>
>>> * Reduced: Net data only / Complete: Data + structure

Nym (+ WME): Reliability *High* with AckSend activated?

>And your point is ... ?

Allow me to repeat:

>> >I found it easier to use OmniMix

Got it?

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<20230610.143213.7d9501f2@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14402&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14402

From: fri...@spamexpire-202306.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 14:32:13 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 12:32 UTC

Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>On Sat 10 Jun 2023 8:43 am, Anonymous wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 04:41:19 +0200 (CEST)
>> D <J@M> wrote:

>>> OmniMix v2.6.8 (2022-12):
>>
>> And your point is ... ?
>>
>OmniMix v2.6.8 is closed source. Why?

That's for health reasons, to be exact in order to avoid confusing
and thereby harming dimbulbs like you with too demanding code.

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<20230610.215536.a38adedb@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14407&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14407

From: fri...@spamexpire-202306.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 21:55:36 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 19:55 UTC

On Sat 10 Jun 2023 3:32 pm, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> On Sat 10 Jun 2023 8:43 am, Anonymous wrote:

>>> And your point is ... ?
>>>
>> OmniMix v2.6.8 is closed source. Why?
>
> That's for health reasons, to be exact in order to avoid confusing
> and thereby harming dimbulbs like you with too demanding code.

Microsoft also hides its code for health reasons.

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<20230610.205531.ce70f0eb@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14409&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14409

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net B030D4021A
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:55:31 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 00:55 UTC

Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>On Sat 10 Jun 2023 3:32 pm, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>> Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

>>> OmniMix v2.6.8 is closed source. Why?
>>
>> That's for health reasons, to be exact in order to avoid confusing
>> and thereby harming dimbulbs like you with too demanding code.
>>
>Microsoft also hides its code for health reasons.

But OM doesn't. It's as transparent as it can be, as there's a setup
program, which after a few clicks automatically installs its Freepascal
Lazarus IDE, then used to compile the OmniMix executable file. Apart
from the build timestamp that file is identical to the one installed
with the OM setup program. Everyone can easily run the IDE to analyze
and debug OM along with all its libraries. You know of any other
project, which offers such a level of auditability?

Since the OM package comes with improved versions of YAMN, GnuPG and
Tor, all source code modifications of those 3rd party applications are
also documented in detail.

<https://danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_IDE_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe>
<https://danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_IDE_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe.asc>
<https://danner-net.de/index/danner.asc>

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u63ffk$8jer$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14410&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14410

From: anonym...@example.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 22:39:14 -0500
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 03:39 UTC

On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:55:31 -0400

<snip>

I don't see a link for the OmniMix source code repository. If I have to
run a .exe just to look at the source, that's a deal breaker.

Please provide a https link to the official source repository.

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<f63386ea78e0f791fe45c7e9b81eda11@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14414&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14414

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:36:59 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 13:36 UTC

On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 22:39:14 -0500, Anonymous <anonymous@example.invalid> wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:55:31 -0400, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>>>>
>>>Microsoft also hides its code for health reasons.
>>
>>But OM doesn't. It's as transparent as it can be, as there's a setup
>>program, which after a few clicks automatically installs its Freepascal
>>Lazarus IDE, then used to compile the OmniMix executable file. Apart
>>from the build timestamp that file is identical to the one installed
>>with the OM setup program. Everyone can easily run the IDE to analyze
>>and debug OM along with all its libraries. You know of any other
>>project, which offers such a level of auditability?
>>Since the OM package comes with improved versions of YAMN, GnuPG and
>>Tor, all source code modifications of those 3rd party applications are
>>also documented in detail.
>><https://danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_IDE_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe>
>><https://danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_IDE_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe.asc>
>><https://danner-net.de/index/danner.asc>

Omnimix has become globally popular, no doubt because it actually works.
As a layman, I tend to spontaneously "google" topics of interest, using
Tor Browser <https://www.torproject.org/> to open/attempt to open links:

https://duckduckgo.com/?&q=Freepascal+Lazarus+IDE&ia=web

https://www.lazarus-ide.org/

https://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_IDE

https://www.getlazarus.org/
> [...]
>that are easier to install than ever with full cross compile support,
>enhancements such as single window mode by default, local configurations, and
>the latest versions of Free Pascal and Lazarus. Look around, check out what's
>new, kick the tires, then tell everyone to get Lazarus Today.
>A powerful environment
>Lazarus, a free open source professional development environment, is a
>development environment that can be used to create applications for many
>platforms. It provides a powerful and easy to use object oriented framework,
>empowering its user to create software which functions the same wherever it's
>compiled. Lazarus makes creating world class applications much easier than any
>other development toolkit. The visual controls available to software creators
>in Lazarus pick up the native look and feel of each platform, but their layout
>and function remain constant. The types of applications you can create with
>Lazarus are limited only by your imagination.
>Lazarus combines the best aspects of modern application development into a
>single environment. It's powered by Free Pascal, a modern programming language
>with powerful and convenient language features. Using the design pattern of
>properties, methods, and events, the Free Pascal language provides a natural
>way to interact with and describe objects.
>At the core of the Lazarus visual environment are components. Components are
>reusable neatly packaged objects encapsulating often needed functionality. You
>simply drop them onto the surface of your application, set their properties or
>events, and wire them together. You get live interaction with them while
>designing applications. Furthermore, Lazarus makes it easy to create and reuse
>your own components.
>The Lazarus component library comes with hundreds of reusable components and
>the user community creates and shares thousands of components. Cross platform
>components exhibit similar behavior on all platforms. This key feature allows
>developers to design applications on one platform and compile them to run on
>other platforms.
>On this page we've created a case study of Lazarus being used as a business
>application development tool. You can study a design review and gain
>understanding about inner workings of a front facing reporting multi-platform
>application created with Lazarus and Free Pascal. We also look at the back end
>team-oriented tools used to configure reporting services and provide help
>documentation for end users.
>Gallery
>Use the image gallery below to get a closer look and a sense of what Lazarus
>and the applications you can create with it are like. To see more Lazarus
>examples, visit the community showcase, which hosts even more examples of
>applications created with Lazarus. Here are some examples of applications
>Lazarus created software running on various platforms.
[end quotes]

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<e82208a6cbf889082da1ca1c2c8589f5@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14416&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14416

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 16:02:22 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 14:02 UTC

Anonymous <anonymous@example.invalid> wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:55:31 -0400
>
><snip>
>
>I don't see a link for the OmniMix source code repository. If I have to
>run a .exe just to look at the source, that's a deal breaker.

You're able to display text without running a program?
That's fantastic! Are you some kind of a magician?

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<a74c4b9070444b6da6a408eb6e51e1f3@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14418&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14418

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 18:48:16 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 16:48 UTC

On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 22:39:14 -0500, Anonymous wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:55:31 -0400
>
> <snip>
>
> I don't see a link for the OmniMix source code repository. If I have to
> run a .exe just to look at the source, that's a deal breaker.
>
> Please provide a https link to the official source repository.

How about asking your nanny to read the installation section
of the OmniMix tutorial?

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u65bmm$1h3vo$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14422&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14422

From: wha...@ever.dude (Whatever)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:47:03 -0500
logging-data="1609720"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: Whatever - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 20:47 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:36:59 +0200 (CEST)
D <J@M> wrote:

<mercy snip>

Once again, the Omnimix source code is not freely available. Unless
there is a link to a public code repository with complete sources, I
have no interest in the software.

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u65bvb$1h3vo$2@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14424&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14424

From: wha...@ever.dude (Whatever)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:51:40 -0500
logging-data="1609720"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: Whatever - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 20:51 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 18:48:16 +0200 (CEST)
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 22:39:14 -0500, Anonymous wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:55:31 -0400
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I don't see a link for the OmniMix source code repository. If I
> > have to run a .exe just to look at the source, that's a deal
> > breaker.
> >
> > Please provide a https link to the official source repository.
> >

> How about asking your nanny to read the installation section
> of the OmniMix tutorial?

Requiring someone to install software, to view source, is not only
strange; it means it is not open source. Source code is just text
files. Executable bundles are not source code.

Unless there is a public source repository, no security-conscious
person is going to be interested in installing a unverified
application. Your cute little insults don't prove anything but the fact
you are a retarded asshole with an axe to grind.

Millions of people post their sources on places like github, gitlab,
sourcehut, etc. The fact that the OmniMix maintainer is unable or
unwilling to do this is a red flag.

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u65c5o$1h3vo$3@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14425&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14425

From: wha...@ever.dude (Whatever)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:55:05 -0500
logging-data="1609720"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: Whatever - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 20:55 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 16:02:22 +0200 (CEST)
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> Anonymous <anonymous@example.invalid> wrote:
> >On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:55:31 -0400
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >I don't see a link for the OmniMix source code repository. If I have
> >to run a .exe just to look at the source, that's a deal breaker.
>
> You're able to display text without running a program?
> That's fantastic! Are you some kind of a magician?

No, I am not a magician. And your magic tricks are not going to
convince me to install an untrusted executable. You are a fuckstick.

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<a7d09869ae15bd23ae432dd44843de77@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14427&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14427

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 23:04:30 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 23:04 UTC

Whatever <what@ever.dude> wrote:
>On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 18:48:16 +0200 (CEST)
>Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 22:39:14 -0500, Anonymous wrote:
>>
>> > On Sat, 10 Jun 2023 20:55:31 -0400
>> >
>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > I don't see a link for the OmniMix source code repository. If I
>> > have to run a .exe just to look at the source, that's a deal
>> > breaker.
>> >
>> > Please provide a https link to the official source repository.
>> >

>> How about asking your nanny to read the installation section
>> of the OmniMix tutorial?
>
>Requiring someone to install software, to view source, is not only
>strange; it means it is not open source. Source code is just text
>files. Executable bundles are not source code.
>
>Unless there is a public source repository, no security-conscious
>person is going to be interested in installing a unverified
>application. Your cute little insults don't prove anything but the fact
>you are a retarded asshole with an axe to grind.
>
>Millions of people post their sources on places like github, gitlab,
>sourcehut, etc. The fact that the OmniMix maintainer is unable or
>unwilling to do this is a red flag.

You just gave strong evidence of your inability to read and understand
written instructions.

The OmniMix manual, chapter Installation
<https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorinstall.htm> tells you clearly

| You may be interested in getting an impression of the files to be
| installed without having to run the setup program. In that case extract
| its contents for example using the Inno Setup Unpacker
| (http://sourceforge.net/projects/innounp/):
|
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| c:\InnoUnpack>innounp.exe -x -d"OmniMix Setup Files" OmniMix_2.1.2_Uno_Setup.exe
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So instead of using git or winrar or pkzip or whatever else here you
have to run the unsuspicious 3rd party innounp unpacker to extract the
OmniMix source text files from OM's "public source repository", which
the IDE setup program is. No need at all to run Christian Danner's as
you call it "unverified application".

That means, with your ranting trying to spread FUAD you perfectly proved
that you yourself are the "retarded asshole" you had liked us to be.

Cheers

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<3b0549f34a4e7512ef6c9fbeef8de4b4@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14428&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14428

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:10:42 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 23:10 UTC

Whatever <what@ever.dude> wrote:

> Unless there is a public source repository, no security-conscious
> person is going to be interested in installing a unverified
> application. Your cute little insults don't prove anything but the fact
> you are a retarded asshole with an axe to grind.
>
> Millions of people post their sources on places like github, gitlab,
> sourcehut, etc. The fact that the OmniMix maintainer is unable or
> unwilling to do this is a red flag.

What are you smoking? As Omnimix isn't a collaborative work
there's nothing wrong with hosting its data including source
code on the developer's own website instead of handing it over
to some company like Microsoft (GitHub) or GitLab Inc.!

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<20230612.010020.85612985@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14435&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14435

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:00:20 +0000
From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:00 UTC

Whatever <what@ever.dude> wrote:
>On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:36:59 +0200 (CEST)
>D <J@M> wrote:
>
><mercy snip>
>
>Once again, the Omnimix source code is not freely available. Unless
>there is a link to a public code repository with complete sources, I
>have no interest in the software.

Who needs you, dimwit?

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u65u5f$lgb8$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14436&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14436

From: tro...@alert.service (Troll Alert Service)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 21:02:06 -0500
 by: Troll Alert Service - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 02:02 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:00:20 +0000
Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:

> Whatever <what@ever.dude> wrote:
> >On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:36:59 +0200 (CEST)
> >D <J@M> wrote:
> >
> ><mercy snip>
> >
> >Once again, the Omnimix source code is not freely available. Unless
> >there is a link to a public code repository with complete sources, I
> >have no interest in the software.
>
> Who needs you, dimwit?

👾 👿 💀 👽 👻 👺 👹
❗ TROLL ALERT
❎ TROLL DETECTED
💩 TYPE: PSEUDONYMOUS HATE TROLL
👿 TACTIC: NOBODY LIKES YOU BARB
⛔ WARNING: DO NOT ENGAGE!

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u65uaa$lgb8$2@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14437&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14437

From: tro...@alert.service (Troll Alert Service)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 21:04:43 -0500
 by: Troll Alert Service - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 02:04 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:10:42 +0200 (CEST)
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> Whatever <what@ever.dude> wrote:
>

> > Unless there is a public source repository, no security-conscious
> > person is going to be interested in installing a unverified
> > application. Your cute little insults don't prove anything but the
> > fact you are a retarded asshole with an axe to grind.
> >
> > Millions of people post their sources on places like github, gitlab,
> > sourcehut, etc. The fact that the OmniMix maintainer is unable or
> > unwilling to do this is a red flag.
>

> What are you smoking? As Omnimix isn't a collaborative work
> there's nothing wrong with hosting its data including source
> code on the developer's own website instead of handing it over
> to some company like Microsoft (GitHub) or GitLab Inc.!

👾 👿 💀 👽 👻 👺 👹
❗ TROLL ALERT
❎ TROLL DETECTED
💩 TYPE: GASLIGHTER
👿 TACTIC: DENYING FACTS AND REALITY
⛔ WARNING: DO NOT ENGAGE!

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<u65uf4$1jt4u$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14438&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14438

From: tro...@alert.service (Troll Alert Service)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 21:07:16 -0500
logging-data="1701022"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: Troll Alert Service - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 02:07 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 23:04:30 +0000 (UTC)
Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> Whatever <what@ever.dude> wrote:
> >On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 18:48:16 +0200 (CEST)
> >Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> >> How about asking your nanny to read the installation section
> >> of the OmniMix tutorial?
> >
> >Requiring someone to install software, to view source, is not only
> >strange; it means it is not open source. Source code is just text
> >files. Executable bundles are not source code.
> >
> >Unless there is a public source repository, no security-conscious
> >person is going to be interested in installing a unverified
> >application. Your cute little insults don't prove anything but the
> >fact you are a retarded asshole with an axe to grind.
> >
> >Millions of people post their sources on places like github, gitlab,
> >sourcehut, etc. The fact that the OmniMix maintainer is unable or
> >unwilling to do this is a red flag.
>
> You just gave strong evidence of your inability to read and understand
> written instructions.
>
> The OmniMix manual, chapter Installation
> <https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorinstall.htm> tells you clearly
>
> | You may be interested in getting an impression of the files to be
> | installed without having to run the setup program. In that case
> extract | its contents for example using the Inno Setup Unpacker
> | (http://sourceforge.net/projects/innounp/):

> | c:\InnoUnpack>innounp.exe -x -d"OmniMix Setup Files"
> OmniMix_2.1.2_Uno_Setup.exe |
>
> So instead of using git or winrar or pkzip or whatever else here you
> have to run the unsuspicious 3rd party innounp unpacker to extract the
> OmniMix source text files from OM's "public source repository", which
> the IDE setup program is. No need at all to run Christian Danner's as
> you call it "unverified application".
>
> That means, with your ranting trying to spread FUAD you perfectly
> proved that you yourself are the "retarded asshole" you had liked us
> to be.
>
> Cheers

👾 👿 💀 👽 👻 👺 👹
❗ TROLL ALERT
❎ TROLL DETECTED
💩 TYPE: GASLIGHTER
👿 TACTIC: DENYING FACTS AND REALITY
⛔ WARNING: DO NOT ENGAGE!

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<20230612.000110.594db674@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14442&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14442

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net 314DC4363F
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 00:01:10 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 04:01 UTC

On Mon 12 Jun 2023 2:10 am, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Whatever <what@ever.dude> wrote:
>

>> Unless there is a public source repository, no security-conscious
>> person is going to be interested in installing a unverified
>> application. Your cute little insults don't prove anything but the fact
>> you are a retarded asshole with an axe to grind.
>>
>> Millions of people post their sources on places like github, gitlab,
>> sourcehut, etc. The fact that the OmniMix maintainer is unable or
>> unwilling to do this is a red flag.
>

> What are you smoking? As Omnimix isn't a collaborative work
> there's nothing wrong with hosting its data including source
> code on the developer's own website instead of handing it over
> to some company like Microsoft (GitHub) or GitLab Inc.!

Avoiding the issue again.

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<20230612.010111.c24d3f95@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14443&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14443

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net CCB074363F
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:01:11 -0400
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 05:01 UTC

On Mon 12 Jun 2023 5:04 am, Troll Alert Service wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:10:42 +0200 (CEST)
> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>> Whatever <what@ever.dude> wrote:
>>

>>> Unless there is a public source repository, no security-conscious
>>> person is going to be interested in installing a unverified
>>> application. Your cute little insults don't prove anything but the
>>> fact you are a retarded asshole with an axe to grind.
>>>
>>> Millions of people post their sources on places like github, gitlab,
>>> sourcehut, etc. The fact that the OmniMix maintainer is unable or
>>> unwilling to do this is a red flag.
>>

>> What are you smoking? As Omnimix isn't a collaborative work
>> there's nothing wrong with hosting its data including source
>> code on the developer's own website instead of handing it over
>> to some company like Microsoft (GitHub) or GitLab Inc.!
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> 👾 👿 💀 👽 👻 👺 👹
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> ❗ TROLL ALERT
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> ❎ TROLL DETECTED
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> 💩 TYPE: GASLIGHTER
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> 👿 TACTIC: DENYING FACTS AND REALITY
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> ⛔ WARNING: DO NOT ENGAGE!
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Is Christmans Quicksilver open source?

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<275a8f82f50474e2c904dbbc07c2aaaa@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14446&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14446

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 20:13:25 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 18:13 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 23:04:30 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

snip

>The OmniMix manual, chapter Installation
><https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorinstall.htm> tells you clearly
>| You may be interested in getting an impression of the files to be
>| installed without having to run the setup program. In that case extract
>| its contents for example using the Inno Setup Unpacker
>| (http://sourceforge.net/projects/innounp/):
>| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>| c:\InnoUnpack>innounp.exe -x -d"OmniMix Setup Files" OmniMix_2.1.2_Uno_Setup.exe
>| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>So instead of using git or winrar or pkzip or whatever else here you
>have to run the unsuspicious 3rd party innounp unpacker to extract the
>OmniMix source text files from OM's "public source repository", which
>the IDE setup program is. No need at all to run Christian Danner's as
>you call it "unverified application".

checking . . .
https://www.danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe
https://www.danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_IDE_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe

wow, that's a really handy program. it successfully unpacked these two OM
files: "OmniMix_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe" and "OmniMix_IDE_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe"
by simply copying then pasting the following lines into the command prompt:

C:\innounp050\innounp.exe -x -d"OmniMixSetupFiles" OmniMix_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe
C:\innounp050\innounp.exe -x -d"OmniMixIDESetupFiles" OmniMix_IDE_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe

it looked for setup files in Windows default "C:\Users\<username>" folder,
then created the respective subfolders simply by pressing the <Enter> key:

C:\Users\<username>\OmniMixSetupFiles (122 MB, 294 Files, 19 Folders)
C:\Users\<username>\OmniMixIDESetupFiles (131 MB, 3,637 Files, 129 Folders)

Re: Call for more Bitmessage Onion Peers

<20230612.222028.46c1da78@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14448&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14448

From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 22:20:28 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 22:20 UTC

Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Is Christmans Quicksilver open source?

Similar to OmniMix for QSL

- source code is available
- in archive file format requiring an unpacker
- hosted on private webspace

<https://www.sec3.net/www.quicksilvermail.net/qslite/source/index.html>

What a stupid discussion induced by an opponent of free speech.