Subject: ssh proxy connection used to work with Firefox, now doesn't
From: Chris Green
Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 15:28 UTC
From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 16:28:04 +0100
View all headers
I used to use the following ssh command to set up a socks5 proxy to
use with Firefox:-

    ssh -fC2qTnN -D 8080 chris@cheddar.halon.org.uk

However I now get a security error from Firefox when I try it:-

    Secure Connection Failed

    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
    authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this
    problem.

Has anyone else encountered this and/or does anyone know how to fix it?

--
Chris Green
ยท