From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an iOS iPhone (remote control) to Windows over the Internet?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 11:42:40 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 10:42 UTC

You _never_ need USB cable ever again!

This is a PSA update to this thread which was solved a while ago,
but where I've been using it daily and have a couple of improvements.
<https://i.postimg.cc/k5gv0yw8/vysor34.jpg> Apple iOS & Android mirroring

The first improvement is huge, which is that Android 12 (maybe Android 11?)
has the hidden Developer option for "Wireless debugging" which eliminates
completely the need for a USB cable to connect to Windows.
<https://i.postimg.cc/SRRXtvKh/adb16.jpg> Android 12 Wireless Debugging

You can keep the phone in your pocket or on your desk, or better yet,
on your wired or wireless charger, and you'll _never_ need that USB
cable ever again to interface with Windows in any way you'd like to.
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows

That is, without ever needing USB...
1. You can mirror Android/iOS over the random-assigned port
<https://i.postimg.cc/TYvqdxCT/vysor35.jpg> iOS & Android PC mirroring
2. And you can mount the Android phone as a drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvJdKWzt/webdav06.jpg> Android as a drive letter
3. WITHOUT needing to run any adb-pairing steps
<https://i.postimg.cc/SRRXtvKh/adb16.jpg> Android 12 Wireless Pairing

The tools I've been using for a few months to mirror over Wi-Fi are:
a. Vysor (I use this daily, as scrcpy is flakier than is Vysor for me)
b. Scrcpy (I use this when I need better resolution than Vysor gives me)
<https://i.postimg.cc/rmBHmvtV/adb18.jpg> Windows adb vysor & scrcpy

And the tools I use for mounting Android as a drive letter are:
a. WebDAV (I use this daily to mount the _entire_ phone as two drives
b. FTPUse (I don't use it though as it's flakier than WebDAV for me)
<https://www.ferrobackup.com/map-ftp-as-disk.html>

Notice a few details which take time to figure out:
A. Android 12 has a secret hidden Wireless debugging pulldown tile
<https://i.postimg.cc/qRhkhTwV/adb21.jpg> Hidden Wireless-debugging tile
B. Using that tile, Vysor will AUTOMATICALLY figure out the random port!
(Phone) Turn on Wi-Fi
(Phone) Connect to a Wi-Fi AP
(Phone) Turn 'Developer options' 'Wireless debugging = on'
(Phone) Tap "Allow" if it asks to
"Allow wireless debugging on this network?"
Which will be for a specific SSID & (usually random) BSSID.
(PC) C:\> vysor.exe (and then press on the red arrow)
That connects you to adb over the random port on Wi-Fi
without needing to run the new Android 12 adb pairing commands!
<https://i.postimg.cc/ZK9B82gP/adb15.jpg> adb pair [IP][Port] [code]
C. This Windows command tells you which random port adb is using:
C:\> netstat -ano -p tcp | findstr "192.168.0.2"
D. That random port is IMPORTANT to put in the scrcpy batch file
that Herbert kindly wrote which enables the console to be killed.
(see batch file in the sig)
E. Of course, you can get that random port from the phone itself
(but Vysor automatically figures it out - but scrcpy does not
figure out that randomly assigned port, as far as I know).
F: Vysor will also automatically install Vysor on Android temporarily!
<https://i.postimg.cc/Njg6Xx3V/vysor33.jpg> Preparing Vysor on device
G: If the adb connection gets confused (it sometimes happens):
(PC) C:\> adb kill-server
(PC) C:\> vysor.exe (and then press on the red arrow after about 30
seconds)
Note Vysor is magical in figuring out what port adb is using!
H. The free vysor.exe is lower resolution than the free scrcpy.exe
<https://i.postimg.cc/CLyK8z9v/adb20.jpg> Both vysor & scrcpy use adb
I. You need _two_ WebDAV servers to mount the internal & external sdcards
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvJdKWzt/webdav06.jpg> Android as a drive letter
sdcard0 (Using "WebDav Server" as the free WebDAV server on Android)
C:\> net use Y: \\192.168.0.2@8080\DavWWWRoot /USER:foo bar
*WebDAV Server - BestDAV" by ZQ Software
Free, no ads, no GSF, rated 3.4, 100+ reviews, 10K+ downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zq.webdav.app_free>
Pro: Works well, no ads, no gsf, autostarts upon reboot
Con: Slightly harder to set up as it requires full paths

sdcard1 (Using "Olive Tree" as the free WebDAV server on Android)
C:\> net use Z: \\192.168.0.2@8081\DavWWWRoot /USER:foo bar
*WebDAV Server* by The Olive Tree
Free, has ads, requires GSF, rated 3.5, 800+ reviews, 100K+ downloads

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theolivetree.webdavserver>
Pro: Works well, slightly easier to set up
Con: ads, gsf, and won't autostart on reboot

In summary, above are some hints as a kind-hearted PSA to help all
of those who helped everyone write the batch code in this thread!

I always strive to pay back for all the help that I received from you!
--
@echo off

cd /d "c:\app\editor\android\scrcpy"
certutil -f -decode %~f0 showwin.exe>nul
REM Port 5555 was needed when you established adb connections over USB
REM And then you disconnected the USB cable to subsequently work on Wi-Fi
REM But as of Android 11 or 12, you can establish the connection over Wi-Fi
REM But that "Developer option" "Wireless debugging" port is random!
REM So you have to get it on Android or on Windows to know what it is

REM You can get the current assigned port from the following command
REM c:\> netstat -ano -p tcp | findstr "192.168.1.10"

REM adb connect 192.168.1.10:5555
adb connect 192.168.1.10:45299

:: now we hide console window
showwin.exe 0

REM scrcpy --always-on-top --tcpip=192.168.1.10:5555
scrcpy --always-on-top --tcpip=192.168.1.10:45299

:: after scrcpy is closed we show console window again
showwin.exe 5

del showwin.exe
goto :eof

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----

Re: What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an iOS iPhone (remote control) to Windows over the Internet?

<170720221059295806%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14537&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14537

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 10:59:29 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 14:59 UTC

In article <tb0p21$1vlr$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> You _never_ need USB cable ever again!

never ever?

Re: What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an iOS iPhone (remote control) to Windows over the Internet?

<tb2fnp$17m1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14538&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14538

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 03:15:51 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 02:15 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> You _never_ need USB cable ever again!
>
> never ever?

Other than charging from a computer USB port (which mirroring and mounting
is not about), what else do you need to do with USB that Wi-Fi can't do?

Is there a functionality USB can do with a typical PC that Wi-Fi can't do?
--
Note that I rarely fail to solve computer issues; so if there's a network
functionality you need to do with Wi-Fi you feel can only be done, tell us.

Re: What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an iOS iPhone (remote control) to Windows over the Internet?

<tb2h8m$3gud$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14539&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14539

From: Eri...@Bloch.com (Zaidy036)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an iOS iPhone (remote
control) to Windows over the Internet?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 22:41:26 -0400
 by: Zaidy036 - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 02:41 UTC

On 7/17/2022 10:15 PM, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>>> You _never_ need USB cable ever again!
>>
>> never ever?
>
> Other than charging from a computer USB port (which mirroring and mounting
> is not about), what else do you need to do with USB that Wi-Fi can't do?
>
> Is there a functionality USB can do with a typical PC that Wi-Fi can't do?

attach a HD dock

Re: What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an iOS iPhone (remote control) to Windows over the Internet?

<180720220230532217%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14541&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14541

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 02:30:53 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 06:30 UTC

In article <tb2fnp$17m1$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> You _never_ need USB cable ever again!
> >
> > never ever?
>
> Other than charging from a computer USB port (which mirroring and mounting
> is not about), what else do you need to do with USB that Wi-Fi can't do?
>
> Is there a functionality USB can do with a typical PC that Wi-Fi can't do?

use any of a wide variety of usb peripherals, including keyboards, hard
drives and specialty devices.

Re: What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an iOS iPhone (remote control) to Windows over the Internet?

<tb3o1o$1ije$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14547&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14547

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 14:43:50 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 13:43 UTC

nospam wrote:

>>> never ever?
>>
>> Other than charging from a computer USB port (which mirroring and mounting
>> is not about), what else do you need to do with USB that Wi-Fi can't do?
>>
>> Is there a functionality USB can do with a typical PC that Wi-Fi can't do?
>
> use any of a wide variety of usb peripherals, including keyboards, hard
> drives and specialty devices.

Where is the PC?

Re: What freeware do you use to share (mirror) an iOS iPhone (remote control) to Windows over the Internet?

<180720220957444124%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14548&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14548

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)