At the end of your life there'll be a good rest, and no further activities are scheduled.

aus+uk / uk.telecom.mobile / Three network down for tens of thousands across UK

SubjectAuthor
* Three network down for tens of thousands across UKJava Jive
+* Three network down for tens of thousands across UKWoody
|`- Three network down for tens of thousands across UKMark Carver
+- Three network down for tens of thousands across UKChris
`- Three network down for tens of thousands across UKnotya...@gmail.com

1
Three network down for tens of thousands across UK

<ukf8tt$2c200$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14556&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14556

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Subject: Three network down for tens of thousands across UK
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 12:45:51 +0000
 by: Java Jive - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 12:45 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67595457
Three network down for tens of thousands across UK

No useful regional details in the report, but Three seems alright here
in Sutherland. I shall be using it to post this, so let's see how it
goes ...

<Send>

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: Three network down for tens of thousands across UK

<ukfcgb$2chsr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14557&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14557

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 13:46:50 +0000
 by: Woody - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 13:46 UTC

On Sat 02/12/2023 12:45, Java Jive wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67595457
> Three network down for tens of thousands across UK
>
> No useful regional details in the report, but Three seems alright here
> in Sutherland.  I shall be using it to post this, so let's see how it
> goes ...
>
> <Send>

Mine was out last night and - apparently - this morning. I switched off
auto system selection on my phone and it showed solid signals from O2,
VF, and EE, a weak signal from VM, and a medium weak 3G signal from 3. I
found by accident how to do a non-destructive reset on my phone and when
it came back up it was a solid 4G signal.
3 admit they have been doing work on the system (as they have their web
site!) and are telling customers that they will need to log in again.
Given that the outage is all over the country and non-specific I wonder
if it is more to do with logging in/software than an infrastructure issue?

Re: Three network down for tens of thousands across UK

<kt157bFu3ovU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14558&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14558

From: mar...@invalid.com (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 16:44:26 +0000
 by: Mark Carver - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 16:44 UTC

On 02/12/2023 13:46, Woody wrote:
> On Sat 02/12/2023 12:45, Java Jive wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67595457
>> Three network down for tens of thousands across UK
>>
>> No useful regional details in the report, but Three seems alright here
>> in Sutherland.  I shall be using it to post this, so let's see how it
>> goes ...
>>
>> <Send>
>>

> Mine was out last night and - apparently - this morning. I switched off
> auto system selection on my phone and it showed solid signals from O2,
> VF, and EE, a weak signal from VM, and a medium weak 3G signal from 3. I
> found by accident how to do a non-destructive reset on my phone and when
> it came back up it was a solid 4G signal.
> 3 admit they have been doing work on the system (as they have their web
> site!) and are telling customers that they will need to log in again.
> Given that the outage is all over the country and non-specific I wonder
> if it is more to do with logging in/software than an infrastructure issue?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/12/customers-of-three-uk-suffering-network-connectivity-woes.html

Re: Three network down for tens of thousands across UK

<ukhkd9$2qjtk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14560&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14560

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 10:14:01 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:7cYHIAyAObQhnZ+HnJvwtOYYcWE=
 by: Chris - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 10:14 UTC

Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67595457
> Three network down for tens of thousands across UK
>
> No useful regional details in the report, but Three seems alright here
> in Sutherland. I shall be using it to post this, so let's see how it
> goes ...
>
> <Send>

Fortunately am abroad so all well here in roaming.

My wife on the other hand, a recent mover to EE from plusnet, has found
that there's no inclusive roaming in the deals provided to ex-PN clients.
Be warned.

Re: Three network down for tens of thousands across UK

<e2cff4fe-2ea8-4044-9b19-5d32e837edd9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14562&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14562

Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 08:42:51 -0800 (PST)
From: notyalck...@gmail.com (notya...@gmail.com)
 by: notya...@gmail.com - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 16:42 UTC

On Saturday, 2 December 2023 at 12:45:53 UTC, Java Jive wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67595457
> Three network down for tens of thousands across UK
>
> No useful regional details in the report, but Three seems alright here
> in Sutherland. I shall be using it to post this, so let's see how it
> goes ...
>
> <Send>
>
> --
>
> Fake news kills!
>
> I may be contacted via the contact address given on my website:
> www.macfh.co.uk

It was off briefly here (my Tablet is on 3, having been ripped off a tenner for a 3-2-1 SIM).

I assumed my tablet (which can act as a phone) needed a reset, after which it was OK again and then I remembered the reports of 3 outage,