From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: *An investment in Windows hardware is supported vastly longer than Apple hardware*
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:04:50 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 15:04 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

>>It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't arbitrarily move the supported
>>devices forward. The ONLY one I think was justified was the 32 bit
>>cutoff, but they still could've very easily made a 32b version. Hell,
>>even Windows does that.
>
> The only time Windows is used as an example in this newsgroup is as a
> bad example or to blame them for what Apple is doing.

Apple has the worst hotfix support (in terms of longevity), badgolferman.

Notwithstanding that you are correct Windows sucks in many ways, Microsoft
Windows operating system support is vastly longer than is Apple support.

For example, my ancient AMD Windows 10 desktop migrated for free from
Windows to Windows such that it has been _fully supported_ since late 2009.

While the iKooks _lied for years_ about Apple support, if you comprehend
how operating systems are supported you find out Apple's support is the
shortest of all common consumer operating systems available to us today.

Simple summary for iKooks:
*An investment in Windows hardware is supported vastly longer than Apple*

Re: *An investment in Windows hardware is supported vastly longer than Apple hardware*

<uehnf8$3ig8t$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14607&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14607

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: *An investment in Windows hardware is supported vastly longer
than Apple hardware*
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:28:40 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 15:28 UTC

On 9/21/23 10:04, Wally J wrote:
> Apple has the worst hotfix support (in terms of longevity), badgolferman.

Yeah, don't they usually roll a bunch of bug fixes into a monthly update?