From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: iOS 15 support
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 05:44:31 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 04:44 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> Then of course there's the fact that MacOS upgrades are free, while you
> have to pay to be a Windoze fool.

I never disagree with facts as only fools disagree with facts.
Where do you get the idea that Windows upgrades costs additional money?

I bought a desktop in circa 2008, and it had whatever Microsoft operating
system at the time (pro version) and then it has been upgraded so many
times I can't count the number of times it has been updated.

All for free.

Again, I never disagree with facts so I am wondering where you get your
facts from if you think that I paid for those upgrades, when I didn't.

I even updated some of the hardware and Windows _still_ recognized it as
the same computer. And I've wiped out and reformatted the hard drives many
times (as a bunch failed over the years since 2008).

If you're claiming that I paid for all those upgrades, then why don't I
know this "fact" you seem to be aware of that nobody else knows about.

If my circa 2008 desktop could support Windows 11, even _that_ would be
free (although Microsoft pulled the sleazy trick following Apple's lead of
requiring a mothership tracking account, so I'm perfectly happy to NOT
install Windows 11 since all the apps work just fine anyway as the
operating system is the sum total of everything you need to do what you
need to do).

In summary, I have been using the _same_ Windows license since circa 2008.
Yet you claim that's not what is happening.

Please explain your reasoning.