Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 13:33:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Bethesda/Sir-Tech-What a joke
From: walymi...@gmail.com (Walter Farias)
 by: Walter Farias - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 21:33 UTC

El Wednesday, July 23, 1997 a la(s) 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Todd Howard escribió:
> If you think we're abonding RPGs you're as dumb as you think we are. (I
> wonder if that sounds right? g)
> Bethesda is not abdonding RPGs. TES3 is coming..it's just a long way
> off. REDGUARD may not be an RPG, but I garuantee it will have loads of
> features that you'll want to see in future TES'. Full 3D characters,
> with real personalities and things they do. Hand crafted landscapes with
> real things to go out and find. No random, wish you were really doing
> something important, wish people would say "hi" world in REDGUARD. And
> it's not a pure "adventure". It is a complete hybrid. It's actually
> structured a lot like an Ultima and is very very open. What does a real
> fantasy town feel like and what is it like to run right out of it and
> climb into the mountains and stumble upon some dwarven ruins? You'll see
> in REDGUARD. This is one experience that Daggerfall (imho) was missing.
> Todd Howard
> Project Leader REDGUARD
> Bethesda

Based

Re: Bethesda/Sir-Tech-What a joke

<268f1174-b880-4669-b192-42a27c118100n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=148&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg#148

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 03:51:04 -0800 (PST)
From: vladimir...@gmail.com (vladimir...@gmail.com)
 by: vladimir...@gmail.co - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:51 UTC

On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 5:33:07 AM UTC+8, Walter Farias wrote:
> El Wednesday, July 23, 1997 a la(s) 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Todd Howard escribió:
> > If you think we're abonding RPGs you're as dumb as you think we are. (I
> > wonder if that sounds right? g)
> > Bethesda is not abdonding RPGs. TES3 is coming..it's just a long way
> > off. REDGUARD may not be an RPG, but I garuantee it will have loads of
> > features that you'll want to see in future TES'. Full 3D characters,
> > with real personalities and things they do. Hand crafted landscapes with
> > real things to go out and find. No random, wish you were really doing
> > something important, wish people would say "hi" world in REDGUARD. And
> > it's not a pure "adventure". It is a complete hybrid. It's actually
> > structured a lot like an Ultima and is very very open. What does a real
> > fantasy town feel like and what is it like to run right out of it and
> > climb into the mountains and stumble upon some dwarven ruins? You'll see
> > in REDGUARD. This is one experience that Daggerfall (imho) was missing.
> > Todd Howard
> > Project Leader REDGUARD
> > Bethesda f
>

> Based

Just from thisTod's reply we can see that already in mid-to-late 90s Pathesda lost interested in making CRPGs with STORIES and LORE and actual ROLE PLAYING. All they really want is to make open world theme parks where you "run out" and immediately stumble into some location. God forbid the player has to spend more than 5 minutes walking or doing something else. I wish they'd stopped making games after Daggerfall. They completely rui9one their legacy.