From: nospam...@f757.n153.z1.fidonet.org (Al)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Autopost text arrangement problem
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:03:28 +1200
 by: Al - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 03:03 UTC

> Maybe I have to create my file with at most 80 characters/columns like an
> ANSI template?

Yes, lines longer than 80 characters will loose those characters so create
those files with lines no more than that.

> Other thing, which good ansi editor do you recommend for linux?

TheDraw is still one of the best. You'll need dosemu or something similar.

Autopost text arrangement problem

<467196763@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1475&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1475

From: nospam.N...@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 23:43:09 +1200
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 11:43 UTC

Hello, when i post from a text file Mystic cut lines; i am not an expert so i
ask you....
My text files are in symple text without "return" or "enter" at the end of each
line, is it correct?
Maybe I have to create my file with at most 80 characters/columns like an ANSI
template?
Other thing, which good ansi editor do you recommend for linux?
Many thanks :-)

Re: Autopost text arrangement problem

<2141835719@p1.f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1476&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1476

From: nospam.J...@p1.f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Autopost text arrangement problem
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 20:06:50 +1200
 by: Jay Harris - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 08:06 UTC

*** Quoting Nicola Mettimano from a message to All ***

NM> Hello, when i post from a text file Mystic cut lines; i am not an
NM> expert so i ask you.... My text files are in symple text without
NM> "return" or "enter" at the end of each line, is it correct?

Yeah, I've noticed that if you post a text file with mutil you'll need to
make sure that your file is no more than 80 characters wide otherwise mutil
will cut it off.

NM> -!- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Linux/64)

Since you're using linux, if it's just a plain text file you can use something
like:

cat mymessage.txt | fold -s -w 78 > newmessage.txt
or
cat mymessage.txt | fmt -w 78 > newmessage.txt

Which will make your text file no more than 78 characters wide.

NM> Maybe I have to create my file with at most 80 characters/columns
NM> like an ANSI template? Other thing, which good ansi editor do you
NM> recommend for linux? Many thanks :-)

I'm not too sure about ANSI files, I know I've saved files in TheDraw at 78
characters wide on occasion, but I don't tend to post ANSI that often.

Jay

.... Whosoever diggeth a pit shall falleth therein

Re: Autopost text arrangement problem

<2683099970@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1477&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1477

From: nospam.N...@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 10:17:56 +1200
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 22:17 UTC

JH> Since you're using linux, if it's just a plain text file you can use
JH> something like:
JH> cat mymessage.txt | fold -s -w 78 > newmessage.txt
JH> or
JH> cat mymessage.txt | fmt -w 78 > newmessage.txt
JH> Which will make your text file no more than 78 characters wide.

Wow very helpful, thanks man ;-)