From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: All common consumer operating systems update in asynchronous layers - except for the primitive iOS monolith
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:13:26 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 23:13 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>>> Why would you use the dumbed down mobile app?
>>
>> I don't.
>>
>> You're the one that asked the question about a YouTube app for Windows
>> and apparently I wasted my time in answering it. Won't happen again...
>>

> I don't either. Sorry

This message contains excellent advice one person out of thousands knows.
Maybe millions - depending on how ignorant the populace is overall.

1. The YouTube app is so atrocious, it's deleted from my unrooted Android.
C:\> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube

2. However, the NewPipe YouTube-skin is the best app on Android! (IMHO).

This FOSS YouTube skin does everything you could possibly want it to do!
*NewPipe* by Schabi (FOSS YouTube client)
<https://newpipe.net/>
<https://f-droid.org/packages/org.schabi.newpipe/>
<https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe>

Here are some screenshots to illustrate what NewPipe does for you.
<https://i.postimg.cc/g0wQpDwx/newpipe01.jpg> NewPipe FOSS YouTube client
<https://i.postimg.cc/2yYK4N0W/newpipe02.jpg> Picture in Picture
<https://i.postimg.cc/90BNbgkn/newpipe03.jpg> Allow overlay display
<https://i.postimg.cc/J4h8nWFy/newpipe04.jpg> Stop & Disable YouTube
<https://i.postimg.cc/rw4cxNNx/newpipe05.jpg> Block & Firewall YouTube

I know Android apps likely better than everyone else here combined.
a. If you want privacy while using YouTube - NewPipe is your app.
b. If you want downloading & ripping on YouTube - NewPipe is your app.
c. If you want to subscribe without an account - NewPipe is your app.

As far as I'm aware, there is nothing you could possibly want out of a
YouTube skin that NewPipe doesn't do - but if there is - let me know.

When displaying the sound and video onto Windows, you get the full
capability of your powered speakers and your huge desktop monitor
(plus the use of the mouse, keyboard and the PC/Android clipboards).
--
I'm on Usenet to teach others to be able to do what I can do
(if they're willing to learn) - but - it takes intelligence to learn.

Re: All common consumer operating systems update in asynchronous layers - except for the primitive iOS monolith

<uf2tdf$3gvcl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14764&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14764

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: All common consumer operating systems update in asynchronous
layers - except for the primitive iOS monolith
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 22:54:23 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 03:54 UTC

On 9/27/23 18:13, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>>> I don't.
>>>
>>> You're the one that asked the question about a YouTube app for Windows
>>> and apparently I wasted my time in answering it. Won't happen again...
>>>

>> I don't either. Sorry
>
> This message contains excellent advice one person out of thousands knows.
> Maybe millions - depending on how ignorant the populace is overall.

Like don't use the Windows Store.

> 1. The YouTube app is so atrocious, it's deleted from my unrooted Android.
> C:\> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube
>
> 2. However, the NewPipe YouTube-skin is the best app on Android! (IMHO).
>
> This FOSS YouTube skin does everything you could possibly want it to do!
> *NewPipe* by Schabi (FOSS YouTube client)
> <https://newpipe.net/>
> <https://f-droid.org/packages/org.schabi.newpipe/>
> <https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe>
>
> Here are some screenshots to illustrate what NewPipe does for you.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/g0wQpDwx/newpipe01.jpg> NewPipe FOSS YouTube client
> <https://i.postimg.cc/2yYK4N0W/newpipe02.jpg> Picture in Picture
> <https://i.postimg.cc/90BNbgkn/newpipe03.jpg> Allow overlay display
> <https://i.postimg.cc/J4h8nWFy/newpipe04.jpg> Stop & Disable YouTube
> <https://i.postimg.cc/rw4cxNNx/newpipe05.jpg> Block & Firewall YouTube
>
> I know Android apps likely better than everyone else here combined.
> a. If you want privacy while using YouTube - NewPipe is your app.
> b. If you want downloading & ripping on YouTube - NewPipe is your app.
> c. If you want to subscribe without an account - NewPipe is your app.
>
> As far as I'm aware, there is nothing you could possibly want out of a
> YouTube skin that NewPipe doesn't do - but if there is - let me know.

Open source development ftw

> When displaying the sound and video onto Windows, you get the full
> capability of your powered speakers and your huge desktop monitor
> (plus the use of the mouse, keyboard and the PC/Android clipboards).

Re: All common consumer operating systems update in asynchronous layers - except for the primitive iOS monolith

<uf3485$2nsjn$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14766&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14766

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 01:51:01 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 05:51 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

>> This message contains excellent advice one person out of thousands knows.
>> Maybe millions - depending on how ignorant the populace is overall.
>>

> Like don't use the Windows Store.

The Windows store is like iOS.
It's for morons who know absolutely nothing about computers.

>> As far as I'm aware, there is nothing you could possibly want out of a
>> YouTube skin that NewPipe doesn't do - but if there is - let me know.
>>

> Open source development ftw

If a person watches YouTube videos, then there is no better app.
<https://newpipe.net/>

There's nothing like is on iOS, for example.

Apple doesn't allow this powerful functionality.
Google can't stop it.

Therein lies the fundamental difference between the Barbie-doll toy iOS,
... and Android ...
--
Only one in thousands knows anything about what we're talking about.
Most people only know what the brilliant Apple advertising claims.

Re: All common consumer operating systems update in asynchronous layers - except for the primitive iOS monolith

<uf35uu$3gvcl$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14770&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14770

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
layers - except for the primitive iOS monolith
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 01:20:14 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 06:20 UTC

On 9/28/23 00:51, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>>> This message contains excellent advice one person out of thousands knows.
>>> Maybe millions - depending on how ignorant the populace is overall.
>>>

>> Like don't use the Windows Store.
>
> The Windows store is like iOS.
> It's for morons who know absolutely nothing about computers.

It's way worse than iOS in my opinion, especially since you can just not
use it.

>>> As far as I'm aware, there is nothing you could possibly want out of a
>>> YouTube skin that NewPipe doesn't do - but if there is - let me know.
>>>

>> Open source development ftw
>
> If a person watches YouTube videos, then there is no better app.
> <https://newpipe.net/>
>
> There's nothing like is on iOS, for example.
>
> Apple doesn't allow this powerful functionality.
> Google can't stop it.
>
> Therein lies the fundamental difference between the Barbie-doll toy iOS,
> ... and Android ...

Choice. And also kinda free market.