From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Gmail SMTP revisited..
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 17:56:05 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 04:56 UTC

Ok.. Just changed my board over from Windows to Debian 11.5, other then the OS
the only thing diferent is I am running cryptlib 3.4.4. not 3.4.5 like on my
WIndows machine. It doesn't work, looking at logs, the Linux side does not
connect the second time when it is trying through TLS, the Windows side does
with no issues.. Both are using Gmail app password. Not sure if it is a
cryptlib issue or not.. I tried a 3.4.5 version I assembled and it did not work
nor did it allow SSH connections.. Any ideas? g00r00 when you get back to
things if you want I can send you log snippets, could very well be a security
setup that I do not have set up on the linux side.. Anyone with Linux have it
working?? If so how did you get it going??

.... Users come in two types: Those who have lost data, and those who will.

Re: Gmail SMTP revisited..

<2355215756@f820.n218.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1485&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1485

From: nospam.R...@f820.n218.z1.fidonet.org (Ryan Fantus)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Gmail SMTP revisited..
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:19:13 +1300
 by: Ryan Fantus - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 09:19 UTC

AD> Ok.. Just changed my board over from Windows to Debian 11.5, other then
AD> the OS the only thing diferent is I am running cryptlib 3.4.4. not 3.4.5
AD> like on my WIndows machine. It doesn't work, looking at logs, the Linux
AD> side does not connect the second time when it is trying through TLS, the
AD> Windows side does with no issues.. Both are using Gmail app password.
AD> Not sure if it is a cryptlib issue or not.. I tried a 3.4.5 version I
AD> assembled and it did not work nor did it allow SSH connections.. Any
AD> ideas? g00r00 when you get back to things if you want I can send you log
AD> snippets, could very well be a security setup that I do not have set up
AD> on the linux side.. Anyone with Linux have it working?? If so how did
AD> you get it going??

If you can wire up linux sendmail to gmail and send messages directly from the
terminal as your mystic bbs user account, you can wire up mystic to sendmail.
In fact this was the only way I was able to get it working, but it also feels
like the "right" way anyway.

I know this answer wasn't super descriptive but my hope is that it gets you
going on the right path. I can't remember how I got everything set up in the
first place but step one is get it so you can use sendmail from terminal and
send something through gmail.

Re: Gmail SMTP revisited..

<1900557725@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1489&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1489

From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 19:23:42 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 06:23 UTC

On 25 Sep 2022, Ryan Fantus said the following...

RF> If you can wire up linux sendmail to gmail and send messages directly
RF> from the terminal as your mystic bbs user account, you can wire up
RF> mystic to sendmail. In fact this was the only way I was able to get it
RF> working, but it also feels like the "right" way anyway.
RF>
RF> I know this answer wasn't super descriptive but my hope is that it gets
RF> you going on the right path. I can't remember how I got everything set
RF> up in the first place but step one is get it so you can use sendmail
RF> from terminal and send something through gmail.
RF>
RF> --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/07/11 (Linux/64)

No actually, you got me thinking.. I am going to run with your suggestion and
see what happens... Thanks...

Al

.... "I am" is the shortest sentence in English. Is 'I do' the longest?