From: mills37....@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom
Subject: CELL2JACK, etc.
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 17:55:26 +0000
 by: Roger Mills - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 17:55 UTC

Anyone got any experience of connecting a mobile phone to a desk phone
by bluetooth using a device such as Cell2Jack or Xlink Bluetooth Gateway?

The claim is that you can then use a conventional house phone to make
and receive calls on a mobile - similar to connecting a mobile to an
in-car entertainment system.

But how well does it work in practice? SWMBO and I each have mobile
packages which give us unlimited calls and texts, but she only makes
calls on her mobile as a last resort - preferring a conventional phone.
If it works, we may not need VoIP when the landline is turned off. We'll
have plenty of spare handsets!

As always, any informed comments will be much appreciated.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: CELL2JACK, etc.

<l2cm9dFdv2eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=14895&group=uk.telecom.mobile#14895

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom
Subject: Re: CELL2JACK, etc.
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 18:04:29 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 18:04 UTC

Roger Mills wrote:

> Anyone got any experience of connecting a mobile phone to a desk phone
> by bluetooth using a device such as Cell2Jack or Xlink Bluetooth Gateway?
>
> The claim is that you can then use a conventional house phone to make
> and receive calls on a mobile - similar to connecting a mobile to an
> in-car entertainment system.
>
> But how well does it work in practice?

I have a gigaset DECT which can pair to a bluetooth mobile, in practice
several people complained about the horrible call quality so I stopped
using that feature ...