They can always run stderr through uniq. :-) -- Larry Wall in <199704012331.PAA16535@wall.org>

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

SubjectAuthor
* Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling itWally J
+- Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 beforeAlan
+* Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 beforeJolly Roger
|+* Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling itWally J
||`* Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 beforeJolly Roger
|| +* Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling itWally J
|| |`- Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 beforeAlan
|| `- Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling itWally J
|`- Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling itWally J
`- Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling itWally J

1
Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<uf9v37$3fmmu$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14925&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14925

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:06:00 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:06 UTC

In Jolly Roger's own words... Apple blamed everyone but Apple for the
simple fact that Apple forgot to test the iPhone 15 before selling it.

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

<ufa03d$13sk5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14930&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14930

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before
selling it
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 13:23:09 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:23 UTC

On 2023-09-30 13:06, Wally J wrote:
> In Jolly Roger's own words... Apple blamed everyone but Apple for the
> simple fact that Apple forgot to test the iPhone 15 before selling it.

Your own words are that you never say anything that isn't factual...

....and that the defect was in the iPhone 15 itself.

Explain, please.

Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<knrf0bFc565U12@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14939&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14939

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
selling it
Date: 30 Sep 2023 20:33:15 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:33 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> In Jolly Roger's own words... Apple blamed everyone but Apple for the
> simple fact that Apple forgot to test the iPhone 15 before selling it.

The record shows I never said Apple blamed anyone.

The record shows Apple actually said they've determined a bug in iOS 17
and bugs in some popular third-party apps are the cause of the issue,
and that they are working to release an OS update and working with third
parties to fix these issues.

The record shows the only person talking about "blame" here is the
resident man-child troll, Arlen (Wally J).

JR

Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<ufa885$3g5c1$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14960&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14960

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:42:14 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:42 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> The record shows I never said Apple blamed anyone.

You posted that Apple blamed virtually everything that Apple could blame.
For example, Instagram.

> The record shows Apple actually said they've determined a bug in iOS 17
> and bugs in some popular third-party apps are the cause of the issue,
> and that they are working to release an OS update and working with third
> parties to fix these issues.

You didn't notice Apple (cleverly) blamed everything that they could think
of to blame - *all of which existed _prior_ to the sales of the iPhone 15*?

Not only is Apple blowing smoke around the issue - but Apple is openly and
clearly admitting they didn't sufficiently test the defective iPhones.

How else could so many things be wrong with these defective iPhones, JR?

> The record shows the only person talking about "blame" here is the
> resident man-child troll...

And yet, it's Apple who blamed everything Apple could possibly think of.

Which is why intelligent adults (e.g., badgolferman and I for example),
have opined that Apple is hiding something among a cloud of smoke.

I suspect, based on the fact Apple blamed everything they could think of to
blame, that the real problem is _hidden_ among one of those many things.

Most likely Apple royally fucked up in the IPhone 15 hardware design.

Apple is likely scared to death to admit how badly they fucked up the
design so what Apple seems to be doing is trying to hide it in a cloud of
smoke - by blaming everything possible for why iPhones are oveheating.

But time will tell.

Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<knrmt8Fdsn5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14963&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14963

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
selling it
Date: 30 Sep 2023 22:48:08 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:48 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> The record shows I never said Apple blamed anyone.
>
> You posted that Apple blamed

I never once used the word "blamed" - that's all *you*.

Your trolls are as weak as your character, Arlen.

JR

Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<ufaqad$3lkq4$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14994&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14994

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 23:50:37 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 03:50 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> I never once used the word "blamed" - that's all *you*.

It's Apple who blamed everything under the sun for their lack of testing.

Doesn't it shock you, Jolly Roger, that Apple reported so many things
wrong with these defective iPhones the moment they were forced to look?

Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<ufaqmj$1ct0m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14995&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14995

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
selling it
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:57:07 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 03:57 UTC

On 2023-09-30 20:50, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> I never once used the word "blamed" - that's all *you*.
>
> It's Apple who blamed everything under the sun for their lack of testing.

That's simple false, Arlen.

Why must you lie?

Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<ufb2je$1e5vv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15004&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15004

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:11:59 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 06:11 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> Everything Apple blamed
>
> Apple didn't blame. They simply explained the cause and promised a fix.

I'm going to ask _adult_ questions of you, Jolly Roger... is that OK?

I wonder if it ever occurs to you that Apple clearly never sufficiently
tested the defective iPhone 15 until the shit hit the fan in the news.

When Apple was forced to test the defective iPhone 15 sufficiently...
Then Apple found a ton of things that were causing the overheating problem.

It doesn't even occur to you, Jolly Roger... that this is what happened?

Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<ufcfg6$3o9qf$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15032&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15032

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 02:58:15 +0800
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:58 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> That's your response
>
> Yes, because you are a clown.

It's interesting that the adults provide facts and the iKooks can't.

The facts about Apple products are always what the iKooks can't stand.
1. Apple produced a defective iPhone.
2. The fact it's overheating is the defect.
3. Apple never even once tested the iPhone for that defect.

Then... when the shit hit the fan such that Apple had to act...
A. Apple (for the first time!) tested the defective iPhone for overheating.
B. And Apple found (much to their surprise) lots & lots of reasons for it.
C. Such that Apple instantly _blamed everyone but Apple_ for those defects.

Not only are those incontrovertible facts about what happened, but the fact
is the iKooks _hate_ that adults not only noticed - but that adults
remembered this is a classic pattern for Apple over the years.

a. Apple _never sufficiently tested_ the defective iPhones
b. Apple was eventually _forced to test_ the defective iPhones
c. Apple _blamed everyone but Apple_ for the defects in those iPhones.

Such is Apple.

Re: Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it

<ufchbd$2ffv2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15046&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15046

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 15:29:50 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 19:29 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> You're a loser.

Here's what happened... which is why Jolly Roger hates me.

1. Apple designed a defective iPhone 15 & sold it to consumers untested.
2. The shit hit the fan when those untested defective iPhones overheated.
3. Apple finally tested them and blamed a plethora of reasons for that.

Because of those facts... Jolly Roger declares me... a loser.
WTF?