From: infer...@semptember.blaarg (Infernal September)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: NNTP Operators Working in Cahoots against Anonymity and Free Speech
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 05:06:42 -0500
logging-data="1823086"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@bofh.team"
Cache: 2001:41d0:2:2cb6::1 1691748119 999 2605:6400:30:f7ca::2 tor-exit.for-privacy.net 883 657 cQ5G70Kek+dowKS5K9QX/g for-privacy.net 1 0
 by: Infernal September - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 10:06 UTC

Several NNTP operators that offer 'free' Usenet access are working in
cahoots to censor and/or unmask anonymous posters. They do this by
creating friction and annoyance for the user.

Some have started blocking Tor access for authenticated and verified
accounts. But the accounts whose speech is not dissident don't get the
Tor block. The approved trolls keep on posting via Tor while the
dissident speech gets blocked, even when authenticating the 'free'
account.

Some have started putting Tor exit node IP addresses in the NNTP
headers.

These same cahooters do nothing about the trainloads of spam from
google groups.

These same cahooters do nothing about the boatloads of vindictive
harassment from the usual trolls.

But they sure want to stop political dissidents from using Tor.

They also send trolls to dogpile against dissident speech and forum
slide it into the noise.

Re: NNTP Operators Working in Cahoots against Anonymity and Free Speech

<0df08ac0902be5ad568bf37d6315597b@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14941&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14941

From: J...@M (D)
Subject: Re: NNTP Operators Working in Cahoots against Anonymity and Free
Speech
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:01:43 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 13:01 UTC

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 05:06:42 -0500, Infernal September <infernal@semptember.blaarg> wrote:
snip
> . . . want to stop political dissidents

pacifists are powerless against activists, but careful use of "whole
message encryption" might help in various ways to communicate with a
potential adversary; see https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutorwme.htm
>OmniMix * Tutorial * Whole Message Encryption (WME)
>It's obvious to prevent your normal e-mail correspondence from being spied on ...
> Pros and cons of different communication methods
> Ordinary PGP WME Remailing Remailing Nym Nym
> Mail + WME + WME
>Contents Protection No Reduced* Complete* No Complete* No Complete*
>Reply Capability Yes Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes
>Anonymity towards an external observer No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes
>Anonymity between the correspondents No No No Yes No Yes Yes
>Latency Low Low Low Medium Medium High High
>Reliability High High High Medium Medium Low Low
> * Reduced: Net data only / Complete: Data + structure
[end quote]

OmniMix 2.6.8 (2022-11-27):
https://www.danner-net.de/om.htm
https://www.danner-net.de/omom/index.htm
https://www.danner-net.de/om/OmniMix_2.6.8_Uno_Setup.exe

Re: NNTP Operators Working in Cahoots against Anonymity and Free Speech

<64f135f8c7eb1f98ade79a99133dbcec@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14942&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14942

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Speech
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:32:16 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 14:32 UTC

In article <ub50um$1nkbe$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Infernal September <infernal@semptember.blaarg> wrote:

> Several NNTP operators that offer 'free' Usenet access are working in
> cahoots to censor and/or unmask anonymous posters. They do this by
> creating friction and annoyance for the user.
>
> Some have started blocking Tor access for authenticated and verified
> accounts. But the accounts whose speech is not dissident don't get the
> Tor block. The approved trolls keep on posting via Tor while the
> dissident speech gets blocked, even when authenticating the 'free'
> account.
>
> Some have started putting Tor exit node IP addresses in the NNTP
> headers.
>
> These same cahooters do nothing about the trainloads of spam from
> google groups.
>
> These same cahooters do nothing about the boatloads of vindictive
> harassment from the usual trolls.
>
> But they sure want to stop political dissidents from using Tor.
>
> They also send trolls to dogpile against dissident speech and forum
> slide it into the noise.

Usenet Header:
paganini.bofh.team = Bastard Operator From Hell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_Operator_From_Hell

Just another bastard posting meaningless crap to entice those dumber
than himself.

Re: NNTP Operators Working in Cahoots against Anonymity and Free Speech

<ubr8sr$3nug7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15079&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15079

Followup: alt.free.newsservers
From: kal...@root.xyz (Kali)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 20:32:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Kali - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 20:32 UTC

mimo <mimo@blackhelicopters.net> wrote in

> On 11 Aug 2023, Infernal September <infernal@semptember.blaarg> posted
> some news:ub50um$1nkbe$1@paganini.bofh.team:
>
>> Several NNTP operators that offer 'free' Usenet access are working in
>> cahoots to censor and/or unmask anonymous posters. They do this by
>> creating friction and annoyance for the user.
>>
>> Some have started blocking Tor access for authenticated and verified
>> accounts. But the accounts whose speech is not dissident don't get the
>> Tor block. The approved trolls keep on posting via Tor while the
>> dissident speech gets blocked, even when authenticating the 'free'
>> account.
>>
>> Some have started putting Tor exit node IP addresses in the NNTP
>> headers.
>>
>> These same cahooters do nothing about the trainloads of spam from
>> google groups.
>>
>> These same cahooters do nothing about the boatloads of vindictive
>> harassment from the usual trolls.
>>
>> But they sure want to stop political dissidents from using Tor.
>>
>> They also send trolls to dogpile against dissident speech and forum
>> slide it into the noise.
>
> Whine louder Paul! Waaaa!

AAMOI, I still post via E-S using Tor. There are several simple
adjustments that those who try and filter Tor can do absolutely nothing
about. The usual efforts may stop an annoying script kiddie (possible
intent), but it won't hinder anyone with advanced networking knowledge.

Also, look for Apple users in your NETBLK address space. Apple products
with Personal Hotspots can be compromised. The same tactic cannot be used
for an Android or Windows Mobile Hotspot, but persistence is sometimes
rewarded in different ways.