From: one...@click.yamn (One Click YAMN)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: YAMN One-Click Install for Hestia Control Panel
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 04:55:28 -0500
logging-data="3073958"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@bofh.team"
Cache: 2001:41d0:2:2cb6::1 1692179435 999 2a0b:f4c2:2::55 tor-exit-55.for-privacy.net 773 617 gEiUN4RWHbYLaUHWr6ZE9g for-privacy.net 1 0
 by: One Click YAMN - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 09:55 UTC

We could create a one-click install YAMN peer for HestiaCP.

https://hestiacp.com

That would encourage dozens if not hundreds of HestiaCP users to run
YAMN peers. I would suggest no exit to external email providers as part
of the default install config. Instead exit to nyms or email accounts on
the local server where YAMN runs.

The one-click install would need to set up everything including the
pinger, synchronization, stats and so on.

The package would need to automatically install and configure
dependencies, Tor, and the hidden service for mail account signup. To
limit spam it should throttle the email accounts by default to a very
low number of messages per hour.

This would definitely increase awareness of YAMN and remailers. Lots of
people use HestiaCP.

Re: YAMN One-Click Install for Hestia Control Panel

<xpIUmsKuyoHsojqcWJjftQkeoLZWKmZs@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14985&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#14985

From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3 Admin)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 23 14:44:10 UTC
 by: SEC3 Admin - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:44 UTC

On 8/16/23 05:55, One Click YAMN wrote:
> We could create a one-click install YAMN peer for HestiaCP.
>
> https://hestiacp.com
>
> That would encourage dozens if not hundreds of HestiaCP users to run
> YAMN peers. I would suggest no exit to external email providers as part
> of the default install config. Instead exit to nyms or email accounts on
> the local server where YAMN runs.
>
> The one-click install would need to set up everything including the
> pinger, synchronization, stats and so on.
>
> The package would need to automatically install and configure
> dependencies, Tor, and the hidden service for mail account signup. To
> limit spam it should throttle the email accounts by default to a very
> low number of messages per hour.
>
> This would definitely increase awareness of YAMN and remailers. Lots of
> people use HestiaCP.

First, I share your enthusiasm for seeing many more YAMN remailers join
the scene.

The Hestia Control Panel is new to me. It appears to allow for
point-and-click administration of a web server or email server. As
opposed to administration via CLI.

Is that really going to be the magic bullet for encouraging more YAMN
remops to volunteer? It seems unlikely. It's analogous to trying to
convince someone to use flashy, pimped out hubcaps when they haven't
even committed themselves to buying a car yet.

Personally, I don't believe that fear of the command line is what is
holding folks back.

I would suggest a much bigger impedient is having to pay 6 or 7 USD a
month for a VPS server and paying the price, every year, for a domain
name on top of that. It's not a lot of money. I've been doing it for
years. But for many it is a dealbreaker.

You were hoping someone would volunteer to code a plugin for HestiaCP?
We don't seem to have any coders in the remailer scene at the moment. If
we did I would hope that they would instead be busy working on bringing
Mixmaster code up to date!

Finally, your suggestion that a remailer might be pointed to a nym email
address is a strategy that, in the past, has been tried. Performance was
always poor at such remailers. They would quickly get stuck at the
bottom of the stats pages and would receive very little if any traffic.
But, to be fair, the YAMN network already receives such a tiny amount of
traffic. Maybe a nym remailer would actually work just fine under such
an environment.

--
SEC3

YAMN Help Tutorial - https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/