Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J
`* Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayAlan
 `* Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayJolly Roger
  +- Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayAlan
  `* Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J
   +- Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayAlan
   `* Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayJolly Roger
    `* Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J
     `* Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayJolly Roger
      `- Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the wayWally J

1
Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<uf9r17$3ffig$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14913&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14913

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 14:56:39 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:56 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> There has been much speculation that this could be down to the new
> titanium material that is one of the big updates on the iPhone 15 Pro
> and iPhone 15 Pro Max. This never made sense to me

Apple has already blamed about a dozen (two dozen?) entities
for the overheating that you repeatedly insisted didn't exist.

About the only thing Apple did not blame - was the titanium.

The real problem is so obvious that even you should figure it out.
*Apple forgot to test the iPhone 15 with iOS 17 on it.*

Again. And again. And again. And again... Apple forgot to test it.

*It's really that simple.*

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<uf9rn4$1312o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14914&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14914

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 12:08:20 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:08 UTC

On 2023-09-30 11:56, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> There has been much speculation that this could be down to the new
>> titanium material that is one of the big updates on the iPhone 15 Pro
>> and iPhone 15 Pro Max. This never made sense to me
>
> Apple has already blamed about a dozen (two dozen?) entities
> for the overheating that you repeatedly insisted didn't exist.
>
> About the only thing Apple did not blame - was the titanium.
>
> The real problem is so obvious that even you should figure it out.
> *Apple forgot to test the iPhone 15 with iOS 17 on it.*
>
> Again. And again. And again. And again... Apple forgot to test it.
>
> *It's really that simple.*

So you were completely wrong about it being a defect in the iPhone 15
itself, right?

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<knrapkFc565U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14915&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14915

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 30 Sep 2023 19:21:24 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:21 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-09-30 11:56, Wally J wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>>
>>> There has been much speculation that this could be down to the new
>>> titanium material that is one of the big updates on the iPhone 15
>>> Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. This never made sense to me
>>
>> Apple has already blamed about a dozen (two dozen?) entities for the
>> overheating that you repeatedly insisted didn't exist.

Blatant lie. Apple hasn't blamed anyone, and in fact this is their first
public statement about the issue.

[the rest of your weak drivel ignored]

Your trolls are as weak as your feeble mind, Arlen.

> So you were completely wrong about it being a defect in the iPhone 15
> itself, right?

Squirm, Arlen... Squirm.

JR

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<uf9sm8$1382b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14916&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14916

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 12:24:55 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:24 UTC

On 2023-09-30 12:21, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2023-09-30, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-09-30 11:56, Wally J wrote:
>>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>>> Apple has already blamed about a dozen (two dozen?) entities for the
>>> overheating that you repeatedly insisted didn't exist.
>
> Blatant lie. Apple hasn't blamed anyone, and in fact this is their first
> public statement about the issue.
>
> [the rest of your weak drivel ignored]
>
> Your trolls are as weak as your feeble mind, Arlen.
>
>> So you were completely wrong about it being a defect in the iPhone 15
>> itself, right?
>
> Squirm, Arlen... Squirm.

Isn't it amazing how the "man" who claims he only writes facts...

....so often writes bullshit...

....and then crawls away?

:-)

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<uf9t5m$3fjam$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14917&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14917

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:33:10 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:33 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Apple hasn't blamed anyone, and in fact this is their first
> public statement about the issue.

Hi Jolly Roger,

What's consistent isn't so much Apple is incompetent at design, but that
Apple is so insecure about their incompetence that they blame everyone.

You yourself just said Apple blamed Instagram, Apple blamed iOS 17, Apple
blamed indexing, Apple blamed everything except the titanium, Jolly Roger.

It's _always_ the same with Apple... blaming everyone but Apple.
"You're holding it wrong!"

The real problem is the same today as it was in all the years past.
*Apple has never sufficiently tested _anything_ that they sell*

It's a proven fact now given Apple themselves clearly stated they forgot to
test the iPhone for the dozen or so things that they blamed caused it.
--
What's consistent isn't so much Apple is incompetent at design, but that
Apple is so insecure about their incompetence that they blame everyone.

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<uf9t80$13cv1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14918&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14918

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 12:34:24 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:34 UTC

On 2023-09-30 12:33, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Apple hasn't blamed anyone, and in fact this is their first
>> public statement about the issue.
>
> Hi Jolly Roger,
>
> What's consistent isn't so much Apple is incompetent at design, but that
> Apple is so insecure about their incompetence that they blame everyone.
>
> You yourself just said Apple blamed Instagram, Apple blamed iOS 17, Apple
> blamed indexing, Apple blamed everything except the titanium, Jolly Roger.
>
> It's _always_ the same with Apple... blaming everyone but Apple.
> "You're holding it wrong!"
>
> The real problem is the same today as it was in all the years past.
> *Apple has never sufficiently tested _anything_ that they sell*
>
> It's a proven fact...

That you claimed it was a defect with the phone.

Do you deny it, Arlen?

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<knrdm3Fc565U8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14927&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14927

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 30 Sep 2023 20:10:43 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:10 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Apple hasn't blamed anyone, and in fact this is their first public
>> statement about the issue.
>
> Hi Jolly Roger,

Eat shit, Arlen. 🙂

> You yourself just said Apple blamed Instagram

Actually, the record shows I *never* said that. i
You did, though.

> Apple blamed iOS 17

I also never said that.
You did, though.

And was it wrong of Apple to identify a bug in its on operating system
that contributed to excess heat generation in your dimwit opinion? 🤣

> Apple blamed indexing

I never said that either.
You did, though.

> Apple blamed everything except the titanium, Jolly Roger.

Explaining the cause of the problem and promising a software update to
fix the software defect isn't "blaming", little Arlen.

> It's _always_ the same with Apple... blaming everyone but Apple.
> "You're holding it wrong!"

Apple *literally* said the issue is a software defect in iOS along with
software defects in certain popular third-party apps.

Your lies are both weak and boring, little Arlen.

JR

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<ufa04o$3foam$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14931&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14931

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:23:53 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:23 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Eat shit

Such an adult response to the fact that Apple forgot to test it (again).

> Explaining the cause of the problem and promising a software update to
> fix the software defect isn't "blaming"

Only badgolferman noticed (so far) that Apple blamed everyone but
Apple - and worse - Apple's blame was so sweeping it spanned the gamut
of possibilities - from the operating system to the apps on the phone.

All of which existed _before_ Apple sold the defective phone to customers.

>> It's _always_ the same with Apple... blaming everyone but Apple.
>> "You're holding it wrong!"
>
> Apple *literally* said the issue is a software defect in iOS along with
> software defects in certain popular third-party apps.

Everything Apple blamed existed _before_ Apple sold the defective device.
*That's a fact*, Jolly Roger... is it not?
--
> Your lies are both weak and boring
It's always the case that iKooks call all facts about Apple, lies, JR.

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<knrf7qFc565U13@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14941&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14941

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 30 Sep 2023 20:37:14 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:37 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Eat shit
>
> Such an adult response

Your personal insults don't count, huh? Yeah, nah.

>> Explaining the cause of the problem and promising a software update
>> to fix the software defect isn't "blaming"
>
> Apple blamed everyone but Apple

That's a lie. Apple *literally* listed a bug in iOS 17 as one of the
causes in its official statement. The reason you are harping on this
"blame everyone else" false narrative is you *desperately* want to
deflect from the FACT that you and your little troll gang wrongly
claimed it was a *hardware* defect.

You're all a bunch of *clowns*. 🤣

>> Apple *literally* said the issue is a software defect in iOS along
>> with software defects in certain popular third-party apps.
>
> Everything Apple blamed

Apple didn't blame. They simply explained the cause and promised a fix.

Eat the shit you spew, Arlen. 🙂

JR

Re: Apple confirms iOS 17 fix for overheating iPhones is on the way

<ufb2h3$3m29r$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15003&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15003

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:10:44 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 06:10 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> Everything Apple blamed
>
> Apple didn't blame. They simply explained the cause and promised a fix.

I'm going to ask _adult_ questions of you, Jolly Roger... is that OK?

I wonder if it ever occurs to you that Apple clearly never sufficiently
tested the defective iPhone 15 until the shit hit the fan in the news.

When Apple was forced to test the defective iPhone 15 sufficiently...
Then Apple found a ton of things that were causing the overheating problem.

It doesn't even occur to you, Jolly Roger... that this is what happened?