computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: TXT file format?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: TXT file format?Andy Burnelli
+* Re: TXT file format?Alan
|+- Re: TXT file format?cris
|`* Re: TXT file format?TimS
| +* Re: TXT file format?nospam
| |`- Re: TXT file format?Andy Burnelli
| +* Re: TXT file format?Alan
| |`* Re: TXT file format?Your Name
| | `- Re: TXT file format?Andy Burnelli
| +* Re: TXT file format?Your Name
| |`* Re: TXT file format?Ken Blake
| | `- Re: TXT file format?Andy Burnelli
| `* Re: TXT file format?Andy Burnelli
|  `* Re: TXT file format?Bugsy
|   `- Re: TXT file format?Your Name
+* Re: TXT file format?nospam
|`* Re: TXT file format?Andy Burnelli
| +* Re: TXT file format?Alan
| |`* Re: TXT file format?nospam
| | `* Re: TXT file format?Andy Burnelli
| |  `- Re: TXT file format?nospam
| `* Re: TXT file format?nospam
|  `- Re: TXT file format?Andy Burnelli
`- Re: TXT file format?Alan

1
Re: TXT file format?

<teitai$17r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14922&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14922

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: TXT file format?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:34:43 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:34 UTC

David Chmelik wrote:

> What is the plain-text (.TXT) file format specification on Android?
> UNIX & GNU/Linux, Apple, DOS all have .TXT formats that differ where
> carriage-return and line-break (new-line) are placed (so often display
> wrongly on other operating systems)... where or what are specifications
> for Android?

Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is outside the
locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).

It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the world,
so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork idiocy.

Re: TXT file format?

<teiu5n$16uhh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14923&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14923

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 10:48:37 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:48 UTC

On 2022-08-29 10:34, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> David Chmelik wrote:
>
>> What is the plain-text (.TXT) file format specification on Android?
>> UNIX & GNU/Linux, Apple, DOS all have .TXT formats that differ where
>> carriage-return and line-break (new-line) are placed (so often display
>> wrongly on other operating systems)... where or what are
>> specifications for Android?
>
> Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is outside the
> locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
> Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
> SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
> data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).

So doing something different that never impacted data files (data files
on the Mac almost never had a resource fork), that made it easy to
localize software was "idiocy" was it?

> It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
> between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the world,
> so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork idiocy.

Given that Macs were working and had networks and file sharing before
Windows PCs really got around to it...

Re: TXT file format?

<290820221353038677%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14924&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14924

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:53:03 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:53 UTC

In article <teitai$17r$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is outside the
> locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
> Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
> SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
> data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).

user error.

there are no compatibility issues and mac resource forks went away long
ago, and they weren't actually a problem either.

> It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
> between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the world,
> so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork idiocy.

microsoft ntfs supports multi-forks, known as alternate data streams.

<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/streams>

but you won't bash that because it's not apple.

Re: TXT file format?

<tej14o$17g2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14925&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14925

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 11:39:18 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:39 UTC

On 2022-08-29 10:34, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> David Chmelik wrote:
>
>> What is the plain-text (.TXT) file format specification on Android?
>> UNIX & GNU/Linux, Apple, DOS all have .TXT formats that differ where
>> carriage-return and line-break (new-line) are placed (so often display
>> wrongly on other operating systems)... where or what are
>> specifications for Android?
>
> Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is outside the
> locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
> Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
> SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
> data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).
>
> It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
> between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the world,
> so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork idiocy.

Apple was there first, asshole.

Re: TXT file format?

<teja8s$3vjq9$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14926&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14926

From: cri...@removespam.me.com (cris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:45:41 -0230
 by: cris - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 21:15 UTC

On 29/08/2022 15:18, Alan wrote:

> So doing something different that never impacted data files (data files
> on the Mac almost never had a resource fork), that made it easy to
> localize software was "idiocy" was it?

From dumbest to smartest was the mac and then windows and then linux.

mac === people are too dumb to know what program edits what file
windows === people are still dumb but the file extension fixes that
linux === you're supposed to be smart enough to know what edits what

Re: TXT file format?

<tejaol$1q5m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14927&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14927

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 22:24:06 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 21:24 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is outside the
>> locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
>> Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
>> SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
>> data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).
>
> user error.

It's no longer shocking every fact you _hate_ about Apple, you use an ad
hominem attack against the bearer of facts you _hate_ about Apple.

Unlike you with no education and no experience in the industry, nospam, I
was setting up compatibility between the three platforms for everyone on
the team, including the secretaries who had as little education as you do.

SunOS/Solaris (SAMBA) + Windows (CIFS/SMB) + Mac (CAP)

> there are no compatibility issues and mac resource forks went away long
> ago, and they weren't actually a problem either.

The idiocy of the data fork and the resource fork was something _only_
Apple could have come up with, which was just sophomoric Apple coding.

Most of the secretaries and non-technical marketing people were on the Mac
so I had to set up a CAP server on SunOS/Solaris, but some of the technical
marketing people were on Windows which had no problem with Samba shares.

>> It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
>> between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the world,
>> so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork idiocy.
>
> microsoft ntfs supports multi-forks, known as alternate data streams.
>
> <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/streams>
>
> but you won't bash that because it's not apple.

It's no longer shocking that you think we only bash Apple when we say the
truth about _every_ operating system we use, whether that's Linux, Windows,
Android, or iOS (or, in this case, the idiocy of Apple's data/resource
forks which were coded by a sophomore in high school - they are that bad).

In your _hatred_ of all things about Apple you hate, you "think" we don't
say the truth about Microsoft or Canonical or Google - and yet we do.

It's no longer shocking you call all facts about Apple, "bashing" Apple.

Re: TXT file format?

<tejb83$18fsd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14928&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14928

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:31:43 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 21:31 UTC

On 2022-08-29 14:24, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>>> Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is
>>> outside the
>>> locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
>>> Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
>>> SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
>>> data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).
>>
>> user error.
>
> It's no longer shocking every fact you _hate_ about Apple, you use an ad
> hominem attack against the bearer of facts you _hate_ about Apple.
>
> Unlike you with no education and no experience in the industry, nospam, I
> was setting up compatibility between the three platforms for everyone on
> the team, including the secretaries who had as little education as you do.
>
> SunOS/Solaris (SAMBA) + Windows (CIFS/SMB) + Mac (CAP)

You were "setting up compatibility" between SMB and it's open source
re-implementation?

Really?

>> there are no compatibility issues and mac resource forks went away long
>> ago, and they weren't actually a problem either.
>
> The idiocy of the data fork and the resource fork was something _only_
> Apple could have come up with, which was just sophomoric Apple coding.

And yet, other file systems and file sharing systems support multi-fork
files.

> Most of the secretaries and non-technical marketing people were on the Mac
> so I had to set up a CAP server on SunOS/Solaris, but some of the technical
> marketing people were on Windows which had no problem with Samba shares.

What in the world is a "CAP server"?

>>> It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
>>> between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the
>>> world, so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork
>>> idiocy.
>>
>> microsoft ntfs supports multi-forks, known as alternate data streams.
>> <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/streams>
>>
>> but you won't bash that because it's not apple.
>
> It's no longer shocking that you think we only bash Apple when we say the
> truth about _every_ operating system we use, whether that's Linux, Windows,
> Android, or iOS (or, in this case, the idiocy of Apple's data/resource
> forks which were coded by a sophomore in high school - they are that bad).

Cite please...

> In your _hatred_ of all things about Apple you hate, you "think" we don't
> say the truth about Microsoft or Canonical or Google - and yet we do.
>
> It's no longer shocking you call all facts about Apple, "bashing" Apple.

Re: TXT file format?

<290820221821355370%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14931&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14931

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:21:35 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 22:21 UTC

In article <tejaol$1q5m$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Unlike you with no education and no experience in the industry, nospam, I
> was setting up compatibility between the three platforms for everyone on
> the team, including the secretaries who had as little education as you do.

since you're so well educated (cough), how about you explain all of the
various encoding schemes used when files are transferred to other
platforms, advantages and disadvantages of each, and why it doesn't
actually affect much.

bonus points if you can name the well known mac software archive at the
time and how it got its name, which ran on unix servers and had zero
issues with file transfers.

> (or, in this case, the idiocy of Apple's data/resource
> forks which were coded by a sophomore in high school - they are that bad).

stop digging yourself a deeper hole.

the mac resource manager was largely written by bruce horn, who worked
at xerox parc since he was in junior high school, working on smalltalk.
he received a degree in mathematics from stanford university and later
went on to get a masters and phd in computer science from carnegie
mellon university. i've met him on several occasions, as well as other
members of the original mac team.

he was writing code long before he was even *in* high school.

one thing he didn't do is post photos of outdated books.

Re: TXT file format?

<290820221821375492%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14932&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14932

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:21:37 -0400

In article <tejb83$18fsd$1@dont-email.me>, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> > Most of the secretaries and non-technical marketing people were on the Mac
> > so I had to set up a CAP server on SunOS/Solaris, but some of the technical
> > marketing people were on Windows which had no problem with Samba shares.
>
> What in the world is a "CAP server"?

<https://wiki.preterhuman.net/Columbia_AppleTalk_Package>
The Columbia AppleTalk Package (CAP) implements the AppleTalk
protocol stack on a variety of UNIX machines. The main applications
provide an AppleShare 2.1 compatible server (aufs), a LaserWriter
Spooler (lwsrv) and a program to print to LaserWriters (papif).

note the dates. it's ancient. it's also hilarious he even mentioned it.

Re: TXT file format?

<tejgql$1oi0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14933&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14933

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 00:07:34 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 23:07 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> What in the world is a "CAP server"?
>
> <https://wiki.preterhuman.net/Columbia_AppleTalk_Package>
> The Columbia AppleTalk Package (CAP) implements the AppleTalk
> protocol stack on a variety of UNIX machines. The main applications
> provide an AppleShare 2.1 compatible server (aufs), a LaserWriter
> Spooler (lwsrv) and a program to print to LaserWriters (papif).
>
> note the dates. it's ancient. it's also hilarious he even mentioned it.

I have always worked on interoperability between platforms...
<https://i.postimg.cc/k5gv0yw8/vysor34.jpg> Apple iOS & Android mirroring

It's why I can slide a file between Windows & Android over Wi-Fi easily.
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvJdKWzt/webdav06.jpg> Both sdcards mounted

Interoperability is what iKooks can only _dream_ of easily accomplishing.

Hence, it's definitely not shocking the IQ 40 Alan Baker doesn't know what
CAP is and it's not shocking that nospam just now, after ten posts, figured
out I was talking about the days of SunOS/Solaris (which I clearly said).

With CAP & Samba & CIFs/SMB, I was able to make a single file read/write
editable to a group of non-technical people on all platforms years ago.

What's more interesting than how ignorant these low-IQ uneducated iKooks
are, is how they all _hate_ any fact that we mention about Apple products.

*Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/uSmL4cP9oyQ>
--
I have two goals on this ng - the second of which is to show iKooks for
what they are, which is that they're truly unpreposessing despicable people

Re: TXT file format?

<tejh9t$1tiv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14934&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14934

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 00:15:42 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 23:15 UTC

nospam wrote:

> one thing he didn't do is post photos of outdated books.

What you _hate_, nospam, is _any_ fact about Apple products.

The idiotic resource fork and data fork was sophomoric coding.
If he wrote it in high school, that wouldn't even surprise me.

*Adult observation iKooks are what they are - because - they HATE facts about Apple*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/uSmL4cP9oyQ>
--
I have two goals on this ng - the second of which is to show iKooks for
what they are, which is they're truly unprepossessing despicable people
while the first is to learn and teach about how iOS works & what it can do.

Re: TXT file format?

<290820221927071234%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14935&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14935

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 19:27:07 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 23:27 UTC

In article <tejgql$1oi0$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> I have always worked on interoperability between platforms...

not based on your other posts, you haven't.

Re: TXT file format?

<ju9k1sFrd6bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15108&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15108

From: timstrea...@greenbee.net (TimS)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 24 Nov 2022 16:22:20 GMT
 by: TimS - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 16:22 UTC

On 29 Aug 2022 at 17:48:37 BST, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> On 2022-08-29 10:34, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> David Chmelik wrote:
>>
>>> What is the plain-text (.TXT) file format specification on Android?
>>> UNIX & GNU/Linux, Apple, DOS all have .TXT formats that differ where
>>> carriage-return and line-break (new-line) are placed (so often display
>>> wrongly on other operating systems)... where or what are
>>> specifications for Android?
>>
>> Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is outside the
>> locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
>> Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
>> SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
>> data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).
>
> So doing something different that never impacted data files (data files
> on the Mac almost never had a resource fork), that made it easy to
> localize software was "idiocy" was it?
>
>> It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
>> between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the world,
>> so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork idiocy.
>
> Given that Macs were working and had networks and file sharing before
> Windows PCs really got around to it...

During which time there were some joke versions of windows - in fact their
provision of joke versions lasted quite a long time. During which time their
notion of networking was an RS-322 connection.

Is Burnelli just a troll?

--
Tim

Re: TXT file format?

<241120221154229158%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15109&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15109

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 11:54:22 -0500
 by: nospam - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 16:54 UTC

In article <ju9k1sFrd6bU1@mid.individual.net>, TimS
<timstreater@greenbee.net> wrote:

> Is Burnelli just a troll?

you must be new here.

Re: TXT file format?

<tlo8h2$mi4j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15110&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15110

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 09:09:50 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 17:09 UTC

On 2022-11-24 08:22, TimS wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2022 at 17:48:37 BST, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is outside the
>>> locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
>>> Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
>>> SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
>>> data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).
>>
>> So doing something different that never impacted data files (data files
>> on the Mac almost never had a resource fork), that made it easy to
>> localize software was "idiocy" was it?
>>
>>> It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
>>> between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the world,
>>> so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork idiocy.
>>
>> Given that Macs were working and had networks and file sharing before
>> Windows PCs really got around to it...
>
> During which time there were some joke versions of windows - in fact their
> provision of joke versions lasted quite a long time. During which time their
> notion of networking was an RS-322 connection.
>
> Is Burnelli just a troll?

Yes...

....but mostly he's a buffoon.

Re: TXT file format?

<tloq9c$1tt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15111&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15111

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 11:13:00 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 22:13 UTC

On 2022-11-24 16:22:20 +0000, TimS said:
> On 29 Aug 2022 at 17:48:37 BST, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Just an added point about how fucked up Apple compatibility is outside the
>>> locked doors of its walled prison cell, when I used CIF/SAMBA/SMB &
>>> Columbia Appletalk Protocol (CAP) to allow people to edit shares between
>>> SunOS/Solaris, Windows, and the Mac, the Apple idiocy with resource and
>>> data forks was the dumbest thing anyone could think of (IMHO).
>>
>> So doing something different that never impacted data files (data files
>> on the Mac almost never had a resource fork), that made it easy to
>> localize software was "idiocy" was it?
>>
>>> It has been a while since I've had to create cross platform solutions
>>> between the idiotic Apple decisions and that of the rest of the world,
>>> so let's hope Apple discontinued that sophomoric multi-fork idiocy.
>>
>> Given that Macs were working and had networks and file sharing before
>> Windows PCs really got around to it...
>
> During which time there were some joke versions of windows - in fact their
> provision of joke versions lasted quite a long time. During which time their
> notion of networking was an RS-322 connection.
>
> Is Burnelli just a troll?

Yes, he's a known moronic troll that plagues the iPhone and iPad
newsgroups with his continual know-nothing anti-Apple misinformation
posts, which are also cross-posted to Android newsgroups.

Add that idiot (and his numerous aliases and Android newsgroup buddies
that crop up) to your newsreader's killfile.

Re: TXT file format?

<tloqao$1tt$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15112&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15112

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 11:13:44 +1300

On 2022-11-24 17:09:50 +0000, Alan said:
> On 2022-11-24 08:22, TimS wrote:

>>> So doing something different that never impacted data files (data files
>>> on the Mac almost never had a resource fork), that made it easy to
>>> localize software was "idiocy" was it?

>>> Given that Macs were working and had networks and file sharing before
>>> Windows PCs really got around to it...
>>
>> During which time there were some joke versions of windows - in fact their
>> provision of joke versions lasted quite a long time. During which time their
>> notion of networking was an RS-322 connection.
>>
>> Is Burnelli just a troll?
>
> Yes...
>
> ...but mostly he's a buffoon.

He hasn't even got enough brains to qualify as a buffoon.

Re: TXT file format?

<tlpjb4$1qk2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15113&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15113

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 05:20:49 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 05:20 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> He hasn't even got enough brains to qualify as a buffoon.

Speaking of adding adult technical value...
<https://i.postimg.cc/D0qMxTMB/webdav09.jpg> FOSS general purpose solution
<https://i.postimg.cc/wM4Z45pN/webdav10.jpg> Free Android WebDAV servers
<https://i.postimg.cc/BQyRxCN9/webdav11.jpg> Mount sdcards read & write
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYWwgGmy/webdav12.jpg> As Windows drive letters
<https://i.postimg.cc/QtbR1GY0/webdav13.jpg> Over Wi-Fi on your home LAN

Given that added value...
... here's a question for the uneducated ignorant Your Name troll....

Point to a _single_ Usenet post, in your _entire_ life, that you've
posted to this group, that _added_ even an iota of added technical value.

*Name just one*

Now... I follow the same challenge, so here's one that I posted just today.
*Quick Tutorial: How to seamlessly integrate Android with your desktop using webdav, adb & scrcpy freeware*
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/M4QMk2u6k2c>

I've written so many general purpose tutorials I can't count all of them.
Meanwhile, you've written how many tutorials for Usenet, Your Name?

Zero?
Hmmm....

You've never even _once_ in the history of Usenet added value?
Really?

C'mon.
You _must_ have added adult value to Usenet at least once in your life.
Haven't you?

No?
Sheesh.

No wonder people your whole life have been calling you stupid, Your Name.
I'm sorry for you.

Fact is, your claim of you adding any "value" to Usenet is baseless.
But let's see if you can prove the "value" you've been adding, Your Name.

What post of yours, Your Name, is of value equal to even one billionth
of one percent of the added technical value of that _one_ post, Your Name?

*Name just one*

Re: TXT file format?

<gko1oh1217m1dr7e1jm0knbut2faau2nql@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15114&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15114

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 08:47:00 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 15:47 UTC

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 11:13:00 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>On 2022-11-24 16:22:20 +0000, TimS said:

>>> So doing something different that never impacted data files (data files
>>> on the Mac almost never had a resource fork), that made it easy to
>>> localize software was "idiocy" was it?

>>> Given that Macs were working and had networks and file sharing before
>>> Windows PCs really got around to it...
>>
>> During which time there were some joke versions of windows - in fact their
>> provision of joke versions lasted quite a long time. During which time their
>> notion of networking was an RS-322 connection.
>>
>> Is Burnelli just a troll?
>
>Yes, he's a known moronic troll that plagues the iPhone and iPad
>newsgroups with his continual know-nothing anti-Apple misinformation
>posts, which are also cross-posted to Android newsgroups.
>
>Add that idiot (and his numerous aliases and Android newsgroup buddies
>that crop up) to your newsreader's killfile.

Just one quick comment. If there's ever any question as to whether
someone is a troll, if he uses aliases, he definitely is. Trolls
change their names to escape killfiles.

However using an alias to escape killfiles is never effective. It
doesn't take long for the rest of us to realize who the aliased name
is and also killfile it.

Re: TXT file format?

<tlqt37$34a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15115&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15115

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:13:24 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:13 UTC

Ken Blake wrote:

> Just one quick comment. If there's ever any question as to whether
> someone is a troll, if he uses aliases, he definitely is.

Below is an _adult_ response to Ken Blake's comments - with proof.

*The comment above is why it's clear Ken Blake owns an extremely low IQ.*

If someone hands Ken Blake a free gift, say, oh, a tutorial on how to
integrate their cellphone with their desktop, all Ken Blake _cares_ about
is the wrapping paper.

Ken Blake literally looks at the wrapping paper, which, to a normal adult,
is meaningless in almost all regards, and tries to determine "facts" about
that wrapping paper (all of which, it turns out, Ken Blake gets wrong).

And yet... the proof that Ken Blake is not only of an extremely low IQ but
he has absolutely no education, is... Ken Blake _stops_ there.

*Ken Blake can't see any further than the wrapping paper*
It's no different that any racist.

The proof Ken Blake is a racist is that his entire belief system is
based _solely_ and _completely_ on the wrapping paper alone.

What kind of "normal" adult does that?
Nobody, right?

But to low IQ uneducated people like Ken Blake, formulating a belief system
based _entirely_ on someone's skin color is his normal modus operandi.

It's no wonder that Ken Blake has never even once in his entire life
contributed _any_ technical value to any conversation on Usenet.

BTW, I posted this moments ago, which points out that this one post below
contains more technical value than Ken Blake has ever posted in his life.

--- < begin example of what Ken Blake can never add value to > ---
Fokke Nauta wrote:

> Seems interesting.
> But I have a FTP client on my Windows desk top and a SSH server on my
> Samsung smartphone. Have direct contact with all file locations. Works well.
>
> Fokke

Hi Fokke,

It _is_ very interesting (to me), to be able to freely connect Android to
Windows over Wi-Fi at home simply by running a few basic Windows commands.

To be sure, there's more to the setup as I set up Android for a static IP
address (which makes the Windows commands more consistent) but at the same
time I've set up Android to randomize the MAC address not only with every
Wi-Fi access point (which a router can handle with prioritized
assignments), but also to uniquely randomize _every_ Wi-Fi connection
(which the home router no longer can handle where this type of privacy has
only been available to Android since Android 11 or 12 (I forget which).

Likewise, the Android debugging Tile you can see in my screenshots has only
been available since Android 11 or 12 (again, I forget which), my point
being there's also a bit of non-essential additional Android stuff going
on.

Thank you for the added technical value, as that's the whole point, for me,
of Usenet, which is sharing and learning from each other - where every one
of us has _different_ setups and capabilities.

With respect to clients and servers, you noticed that the WebDAV solution
used an Android _server_ to mount the Windows _client as a drive letter.
<https://i.postimg.cc/cJLK1wt0/webdav07.jpg> Mount the Android filesystem

And that the screen/clipboard/mouse/keyboard mirroring was over adb/scrcpy:
<https://i.postimg.cc/JhjpnRgh/webdav14.jpg> Mirroring Android on Windows

I'm not sure what "kind" of Windows client protocol was used by the Windows
"net use" command when it mounted Android as a Windows drive letter though.

Would you call "net use" a Windows "WebDAV" client? Or an "http" client?

As for your FTP setup, you used a similar client:server setup with the
Windows FTP "client" communicating with your Android SSH "server".

Based on information Frank Slootweg kindly added, we could also have used
the Windows freeware FTPUse command to "mount" the Android device over
Wi-Fi as a Windows drive letter using the FTP port 21 & port 22 I'm told.
<https://www.ferrobackup.com/map-ftp-as-disk.html>
FTPUSE devicename [ftphostname[/remotepath] [password]]
[/USER:username]
[/NOPASSIVE]
[/OWNERACCESSONLY]
[/PORT:portnumber]
[/HIDE]
[/DEBUG]
[[/DELETE]]

As for the SSH server on your Android phone, since I'm always seeking
general purpose solutions (which means _everyone_ can use them always!),
may I ask _which_ SSH server you recommend for the Android user team?

When I used the Google Play Store client to search for the best free, ad
free, gsf free, SSH Servers with a 4+ rating and 1M= downloads, none were
found on the Google Play Store repository.

But when I loosened that stringent search criterial to allow SSH servers
with fewer downloads, suddenly a bunch of SSH server apps showed up.

The top of the list in that Google Play Store search was this one.
*SSHelper* by Paul Lutus
Free, ad free, gsf free, rated 4.7 in 1.07K reviews with 100K+ Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arachnoid.sshelper>

But other, lower-rated, SSH server apps showed up in the official Google
Play Store repository such as these next on the list of found results.
*SimpleSSHD* by galexand
Free, ad free, gsf free, rated 4.3 in 407 reviews 50K+ Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.galexander.sshd>

I've never installed an SSH server on Android (or Windows), so I don't have
any experience with testing out the solution that you proposed above.

Since the whole point of this tutorial being posted to Usenet is to both
learn from and disseminate our combined knowledge, can you let the team
know which SSH server you found most useful for your needs, as you see it.
<https://i.postimg.cc/9FHnnpSp/webdav15.jpg> The best Android SSH Server?
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to expound upon Fokke's use of FTP & SSH protocol.

Please improve by adding your technhical value based on your experiences.

Re: TXT file format?

<tlqtu6$go6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15116&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15116

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:27:47 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:27 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Is Burnelli just a troll?
>
> you must be new here.

In keeping with responding to the trolls using adult rational logic,
I understand why people like nospam _fear_ factual people like I am.

While nospam is one troll whom I don't plonk, I have plonked, one by one,
all the trolls who are in this thread claiming everyone else is the troll.

Hence, I don't see these comments nospam responded to from the trolls
claiming everyone else is a troll, but I'm pretty sure _none_ of those
posters have ever added even a single iota of technical value to these ngs.

None of the trolls claiming everyone else is a troll, could post this
(which, coincidentally, I posted just yesterday & today to add value):
<https://i.postimg.cc/D0qMxTMB/webdav09.jpg> FOSS general purpose solution
<https://i.postimg.cc/wM4Z45pN/webdav10.jpg> Free Android WebDAV servers
<https://i.postimg.cc/BQyRxCN9/webdav11.jpg> Mount sdcards read & write
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYWwgGmy/webdav12.jpg> As Windows drive letters
<https://i.postimg.cc/QtbR1GY0/webdav13.jpg> Over Wi-Fi on your home LAN
<https://i.postimg.cc/JhjpnRgh/webdav14.jpg> Mirroring Android on Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/9FHnnpSp/webdav15.jpg> The best Android SSH Server?

The reason those calling everyone else a troll can't post that kind of
technical value is, well, let's put it bluntly, since it's a confluence of
three traits all these Apple trolls have, which is why they're iKooks:
a. All of them have an extremely low IQ (well below normal)
b. None of them have _any_ education whatsoever
c. But worse - their ego is indelibly wrapped up in Apple propaganda

I completely understand why nospam hates me, which is simply that nospam
defends everything Apple ever says or does or makes... to the death.

Since I speak facts, nospam not only hates me, but he considers every one
of my posts a _danger_ to him, personally, surprisingly - which I get.

To people like nospam whose only purpose is to defend the mother ship at
all costs, _any_ fact is a threat - but worse - any _person_ who speaks
facts is a threat.

The interesting thing is facts are no threat to people like I am who are
not ignorant and who are extremely well educated and knowledgeable.

Facts are just facts to well educated intelligent people.

But to trolls like nospam who simply regurgitate Apple propaganda, facts
(and the people who speak facts) are actually dangerous.

The reason is their entire belief system isn't based on facts.

Hence, since I only speak facts, I understand quite well that people like
nospam whose entire belief system isn't based on facts _fear_ me.

The iKooks fear facts.
Worse, they fear anyone bearing facts.

Because facts instantly destroy their completely imaginary belief systems.

Re: TXT file format?

<tlqu8f$m64$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15117&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15117

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:33:16 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:33 UTC

TimS wrote:

> Is Burnelli just a troll?

He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone...

Read this post please, and conclude for yourself whether you have added any
value to Usenet, in the history of the confluence of your life & Usenet,
that approaches the value of this single simple technical tutorial.

*Example of a tutorial the Apple iKooks can't possibly write*
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/M4QMk2u6k2c>

Given I've written so many similar tutorials, it's no wonder I have already
started on a similar tutorial to tie Android & iOS to the other desktops.

After you skim that tutorial, please let us know in your response what
tutorial _you_ wrote that is in keeping with the technical value of that.

Thank you (in advance) for acting like an adult in your next response.

Re: TXT file format?

<tlqudr$19fnu$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15118&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15118

From: bug...@zimage.comBUGSY (Bugsy)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 11:36:08 -0600
 by: Bugsy - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:36 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Read this post please, and conclude for yourself whether you have added any
> value to Usenet, in the history of the confluence of your life & Usenet,
> that approaches the value of this single simple technical tutorial.
>
> *Example of a tutorial the Apple iKooks can't possibly write*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/M4QMk2u6k2c>
>
> Given I've written so many similar tutorials, it's no wonder I have already
> started on a similar tutorial to tie Android & iOS to the other desktops.
>
> After you skim that tutorial, please let us know in your response what
> tutorial _you_ wrote that is in keeping with the technical value of that.

You are wasting your time trying to talk sense with these apple trolls.

They dislike you because they are here for amusement, not for improvement.

--
Please wear your mask!
Bugs are everywhere. :)

Re: TXT file format?

<tlrbhi$qfa$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15119&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15119

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 10:19:46 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:19 UTC

On 2022-11-25 17:36:08 +0000, Bugsy said:

> Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Read this post please, and conclude for yourself whether you have added any
>> value to Usenet, in the history of the confluence of your life & Usenet,
>> that approaches the value of this single simple technical tutorial.
>>
>> *Example of a tutorial the Apple iKooks can't possibly write*
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/M4QMk2u6k2c>
>>
>> Given I've written so many similar tutorials, it's no wonder I have already
>> started on a similar tutorial to tie Android & iOS to the other desktops.
>>
>> After you skim that tutorial, please let us know in your response what
>> tutorial _you_ wrote that is in keeping with the technical value of that.
>
> You are wasting your time trying to talk sense with these apple trolls.
>
> They dislike you because they are here for amusement, not for improvement.

Another moronic Android troll for the kilfile.