From: bur...@nospam.com (J Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Silocon Mini with OS 13.1 won't load photos from camera
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 17:02:14 -0500
 by: J Burns - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 22:02 UTC

My old HP camera worked fine with OS 12 and Photos, but OS 13.1 doesn't
seem to recognize it. The camera says it's connected, and then I can't
shut it off except to remove the battery.

With OS 12 I could use System Report to see what the USB system saw, but
I don't know how to do that with OS 13.

How can I get my photos from the camera into Photos?

Re: Silocon Mini with OS 13.1 won't load photos from camera

<k0s5rhFiacuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15176&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15176

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 25 Dec 2022 23:49:06 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 23:49 UTC

On 2022-12-25, J Burns <burns@nospam.com> wrote:
> My old HP camera worked fine with OS 12 and Photos, but OS 13.1 doesn't
> seem to recognize it. The camera says it's connected, and then I can't
> shut it off except to remove the battery.
>
> With OS 12 I could use System Report to see what the USB system saw, but
> I don't know how to do that with OS 13.
>
> How can I get my photos from the camera into Photos?

The fact that the camera won't shut off normally makes me wonder if
something isn't wrong with the camera itself. Does the camera work
correctly when connected to a different computer with the same cable?

JR