Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

SubjectAuthor
* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
+- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?whisky-dave
+* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?nospam
|+* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Joerg Lorenz
||`* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
|| +- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
|| `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Joerg Lorenz
||  `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
||   `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Joerg Lorenz
||    +* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
||    |+- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
||    |`- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Joerg Lorenz
||    `- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?whisky-dave
|`* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
| +* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?nospam
| |`* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
| | +* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?nospam
| | |`* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
| | | +- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
| | | +- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?nospam
| | | `- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
| | `- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
| `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
|  `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
|   +* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
|   |`* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Sn!pe
|   | `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
|   |  `- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
|   `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?jeremy
|    `- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
`* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
 `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
  +* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?nospam
  |`* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Sn!pe
  | `- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
  `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
   `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
    +- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?nospam
    `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
     `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
      `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
       `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?David Brooks
        `* Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?Jolly Roger
         `- Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?TimS

Pages:12
Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<k88ojtF41idU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15221&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15221

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?
Date: 25 Mar 2023 17:16:45 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:16 UTC

On 2023-03-25, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> On 25/03/2023 01:51, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> macOS most certainly does have built-in protection.
>>
>> Yet you continually post bullshit about third-party malware
>> protection here. Strange, that.
>
> It's mostly about ClamXAV. I believe it to be a scam.

This thread is about AVG, and neither one is a scam.

>>> Yes, dummy, it *IS*!
>>
>> Nope. Your Mac monitors what is running on it to look for malware all
>> on its own, without Apple's servers being involved (other than to
>> update the malware list when you install security updates).
>
> If you look in System Settings > System Report > System Information >
> Software > Installations > Software Name
>
> You should see this:- https://ibb.co/2ccpz2P
>
> Who put *XProtectPayloads* there if not Apple itself?
>
> No user interaction is necessary nor required.

What part of "XProtect is part of the operating system" did you not
understand, dumbass?

Fuck off, loser.

JR

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<k88olqF41idU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15222&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15222

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 25 Mar 2023 17:17:46 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:17 UTC

On 2023-03-25, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> On 25/03/2023 02:02, Sn!pe wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You haven't helped anyone by spreading misinformation.
>>
>> That is his intention.
>
> You are 100% wrong about that, Snippy!
>
> Don't spread misinformation.

Liar. It's pretty much *all* you spread.

JR

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<k88pdcF41idU5@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15224&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15224

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 25 Mar 2023 17:30:20 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:30 UTC

On 2023-03-25, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> On 24/03/2023 20:22, nospam wrote:

>>> They can - and they *DO*.
>>
>> they cannot, nor is that even a realistic option if they could.
>
> *PROOF* that Apple recetly *DID* do just that!
>
> //Apple has just released an update to XProtect Remediator security
> software for Macs running Catalina or later, bringing it to version
> 93. Version 92 doesn’t appear to have been released.
>
> Apple doesn’t release information about what security issues this
> update might add or change. However, it adds one new scanning module,
> for malware identified as FloppyFlipper, a name that draws a complete
> blank elsewhere.
>
> You can check whether this update has been installed by opening System
> Information via About This Mac, and selecting the Installations item
> under Software.//
>
> https://eclecticlight.co/2023/03/16/apple-has-just-released-an-update-to-xprotect-remediator-2/

Apple updated part of the OS that protects us from malware?!? ERRMEHERD,
aPpLe iS MaNaGiNg wHaT DoEs oR DoEsN'T RuN On oUr mAcHiNeS AlL ThE WaY
FrOm iTs hEaDqUaRtErS In cAlIfOrNiA!!! tHiS Is hOrRiBlE!!! 🤡

JR

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<d7UTL.276921$ZnFc.185627@fx41.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15235&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15235

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 10:20:09 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 09:20 UTC

On 25/03/2023 17:16, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2023-03-25, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>> Yet you continually post bullshit about third-party malware
>>> protection here. Strange, that.
>>
>> It's mostly about ClamXAV. I believe it to be a scam.
>
> This thread is about AVG, and neither one is a scam.

This thread is about whether or not Apple computers should be using
third-party anti-malware software.

The overwhelming consensus on the Apple Support Communities forums is
that such software is *NOT* required.

>>> Nope. Your Mac monitors what is running on it to look for malware all
>>> on its own, without Apple's servers being involved (other than to
>>> update the malware list when you install security updates).
>>
>> If you look in System Settings > System Report > System Information >
>> Software > Installations > Software Name
>>
>> You should see this:- https://ibb.co/2ccpz2P
>>
>> Who put *XProtectPayloads* there if not Apple itself?
>>
>> No user interaction is necessary nor required.
>
> What part of "XProtect is part of the operating system" did you not
> understand, dumbass?

The XProtect *PAYLOADS* are additional software packages issued by Apple
which are loaded onto all Apple Macs connected to the Internet. The user
has no choice in the matter!

One simply has to hope that Apple are working in the best interests of
its customers.

HTH
HAND

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<k8b4kmFf5boU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15247&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15247

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 26 Mar 2023 14:54:14 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 14:54 UTC

On 2023-03-26, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> On 25/03/2023 17:16, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> It's mostly about ClamXAV. I believe it to be a scam.
>>
>> This thread is about AVG, and neither one is a scam.
>
> This thread is about whether or not Apple computers should be using
> third-party anti-malware software.
>
> The overwhelming consensus on the Apple Support Communities forums is
> that such software is *NOT* required.

And yet you continue to ask this dumb question over and over for
*years*. Strange, that...

>>> Who put *XProtectPayloads* there if not Apple itself?
>>>
>>> No user interaction is necessary nor required.
>>
>> What part of "XProtect is part of the operating system" did you not
>> understand, dumbass?
>
> The XProtect *PAYLOADS* are additional software packages

No they are not software packages. They are not executable and do
nothing on their own. Stop lying.

> issued by Apple which are loaded onto all Apple Macs connected to the
> Internet.

Software updates are also issued by Apple and loaded onto all Macs over
the internet, but strangely you're not complaining about those.

> The user has no choice in the matter!

Wrong, as I already told you. Users can disable security updates in
System Preferences if they wish, but that would be an extremely *dumb*
thing to do.

> One simply has to hope that Apple are working in the best interests of
> its customers.

If you don't trust Apple, nobody is stopping you from using something
else made by some other company. Then you can bitch and moan about
hoping that company works in your best interests.

> HTH HAND

You aren't trying to help anyone with your bullshit.

JR

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<TY_TL.405537$PXw7.58882@fx45.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15249&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15249

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 18:06:59 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 17:06 UTC

On 26/03/2023 15:54, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2023-03-26, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>> This thread is about AVG, and neither one is a scam.
>>
>> This thread is about whether or not Apple computers should be using
>> third-party anti-malware software.
>>
>> The overwhelming consensus on the Apple Support Communities forums is
>> that such software is *NOT* required.
>
> And yet you continue to ask this dumb question over and over for
> *years*. Strange, that...

You agree that AV software is NOT necessary?

Yet you claim that www.clamXAV.com is *NOT a scam.

How do you rationalsise that?

>>> What part of "XProtect is part of the operating system" did you not
>>> understand, dumbass?
>>
>> The XProtect *PAYLOADS* are additional software packages
>
> No they are not software packages. They are not executable and do
> nothing on their own. Stop lying.

How would YOU describe them?

>> issued by Apple which are loaded onto all Apple Macs connected to the
>> Internet.
>
> Software updates are also issued by Apple and loaded onto all Macs over
> the internet, but strangely you're not complaining about those.

I do not have to install THOSE Updates!

>> The user has no choice in the matter!
>
> Wrong, as I already told you. Users can disable security updates in
> System Preferences if they wish, but that would be an extremely *dumb*
> thing to do.

*HOW* does one prevent Apple changing the XProtectPayloads?

Current Version: 93
Source: Apple
Install Date: 17/03/2023, 08:05

(I happily accept all changes made in my own best interests)

>> One simply has to hope that Apple are working in the best interests of
>> its customers.
>
> If you don't trust Apple, nobody is stopping you from using something
> else made by some other company. Then you can bitch and moan about
> hoping that company works in your best interests.
>
>> HTH HAND
>
> You aren't trying to help anyone with your bullshit.

I *DO* trust Apple. I do *NOT* trust ClamXAV.

--
David

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<k8bhkpFh6fmU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15254&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15254

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 26 Mar 2023 18:36:09 GMT
 by: jeremy - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 18:36 UTC

On 24 Mar 2023 at 21:05:32 GMT, "David Brooks" <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:

> The user
> of the computer, if it is connected to the Internet, has no control over
> HOW apple manipulates the operating system.

Do you not install updates, on trust, for all the software on your devices?
Whether o/s or apps?

You are totally at the mercy of every software vendor - hope that helps top up
your paranoia.

--
jeremy

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<k8bnn9Fi076U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15257&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15257

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 26 Mar 2023 20:19:53 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:19 UTC

On 2023-03-26, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> On 26/03/2023 15:54, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> On 2023-03-26, David Brooks <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The overwhelming consensus on the Apple Support Communities forums
>>> is that such software is *NOT* required.
>>
>> And yet you continue to ask this dumb question over and over for
>> *years*. Strange, that...
>
> You agree that AV software is NOT necessary?
>
> Yet you claim that www.clamXAV.com is *NOT a scam.
>
> How do you rationalsise that?

By understanding that just because something may not be needed doesn't
make it a scam. Have you always had trouble with critical thinking, or
is this a recent issue for you?

>>> The XProtect *PAYLOADS* are additional software packages
>>
>> No they are not software packages. They are not executable and do
>> nothing on their own. Stop lying.
>
> How would YOU describe them?

Data files.

>>> issued by Apple which are loaded onto all Apple Macs connected to
>>> the Internet.
>>
>> Software updates are also issued by Apple and loaded onto all Macs
>> over the internet, but strangely you're not complaining about those.
>
> I do not have to install THOSE Updates!

You don't have to install XProtect data file updates either, as I have
told you at least three times in this thread.

>>> The user has no choice in the matter!
>>
>> Wrong, as I already told you. Users can disable security updates in
>> System Preferences if they wish, but that would be an extremely
>> *dumb* thing to do.
>
> *HOW* does one prevent Apple changing the XProtectPayloads?

Already told you. System Preferences > Software Update > Advanced >
Install system data files and security updates. However, it would be
extremely foolish to disable them.

> Current Version: 93
> Source: Apple
> Install Date: 17/03/2023, 08:05
>
> (I happily accept all changes made in my own best interests)

Then why are you so concerned about disabling them, dumbass? You don't
seem very happy to install them to me, considering you keep claiming you
supposedly have no choice (which is a false claim).

>>> One simply has to hope that Apple are working in the best interests of
>>> its customers.
>>
>> If you don't trust Apple, nobody is stopping you from using something
>> else made by some other company. Then you can bitch and moan about
>> hoping that company works in your best interests.
>>
>>> HTH HAND
>>
>> You aren't trying to help anyone with your bullshit.
>
> I *DO* trust Apple. I do *NOT* trust ClamXAV.

Yet you are bitching about trusting Apple's updates and wrongly claiming
you can't opt out of XProtect data file updates right in this thread.
Strange, that...

JR

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<k8brrcFin6hU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15259&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15259

From: timstrea...@greenbee.net (TimS)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 26 Mar 2023 21:30:20 GMT
 by: TimS - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 21:30 UTC

On 26 Mar 2023 at 19:36:09 BST, "jeremy" <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are totally at the mercy of every software vendor - hope that helps top up
> your paranoia.

Can you clowns stop responding to the Troll?

--
Tim

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<Ne3UL.279357$ZnFc.106426@fx41.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15263&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15263

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 22:59:09 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 21:59 UTC

On 26/03/2023 19:36, jeremy wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2023 at 21:05:32 GMT, "David Brooks" <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
> wrote:
>
>> The user
>> of the computer, if it is connected to the Internet, has no control over
>> HOW apple manipulates the operating system.
>
> Do you not install updates, on trust, for all the software on your devices?
> Whether o/s or apps?

Yes - providing the Apps have been obtained from the Apple App store.

I'm more hesitant when it comes to Apps like Suspicious Package by Randy
Saldinger, dba Mothers Ruin Software.

> You are totally at the mercy of every software vendor - hope that helps top up
> your paranoia.

I agree - 100%!

Have YOU installed and run the FREE TRIAL from www.clamXAV.com ?

Then you can scoff from a position of experience instead of naivity! :-P

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<QfeWL.1796396$iS99.854364@fx16.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15424&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15424

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 13:09:19 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 12:09 UTC

On 24/03/2023 14:29, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 24.03.23 um 14:11 schrieb nospam:
>> In article <%wdTL.290159$mmyc.73867@fx37.iad>, David Brooks
>> <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess that, like me, you are happy to let Apple manage what does or
>>> doesn't run on your machine from its headquarters in California!
>>
>> they do not do that, nor can they do that.
>
> Is DB again smoking funny stuff?

DB copied a question which was posted on the Apple Support Communities
website!

Evidence? Yeas, here:- https://ibb.co/JvK59hS

Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?

If not, *your machine may have already been compromised*!

Read here if you don't believe me! https://www.clamxav.com

--
David

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<QjeWL.1108252$t5W7.161307@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15425&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15425

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 13:13:36 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 12:13 UTC

On 02/04/2023 13:09, David Brooks wrote:
> On 24/03/2023 14:29, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>> Am 24.03.23 um 14:11 schrieb nospam:

>>> they do not do that, nor can they do that.
>>
>> Is DB again smoking funny stuff?
>
> DB copied a question which was posted on the Apple Support Communities
> website!
>
> Evidence? Yes, here:-  https://ibb.co/JvK59hS
>
> Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?
>
> If not, *your machine may have already been compromised*!
>
> Read here if you don't believe me! https://www.clamxav.com

Spelling mistake corrected!

Sorry about that!

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<u0cbj0$2qr37$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15427&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15427

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 18:47:28 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 16:47 UTC

Am 02.04.23 um 14:09 schrieb David Brooks:
> On 24/03/2023 14:29, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>> Is DB again smoking funny stuff?
>
> DB copied a question which was posted on the Apple Support Communities
> website!
>
> Evidence? Yeas, here:- https://ibb.co/JvK59hS
>
> Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?
>
> If not, *your machine may have already been compromised*!
>
> Read here if you don't believe me! https://www.clamxav.com

Judge and hangman are the same person ...
And DB has no clue on which vectors a system can be "compromised".

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<WcjWL.1917011$iU59.1772978@fx14.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15428&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15428

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 18:47:33 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 17:47 UTC

On 02/04/2023 17:47, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 02.04.23 um 14:09 schrieb David Brooks:
>> On 24/03/2023 14:29, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>>> Is DB again smoking funny stuff?
>>
>> DB copied a question which was posted on the Apple Support Communities
>> website!
>>
>> Evidence? Yeas, here:- https://ibb.co/JvK59hS
>>
>> Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?
>>
>> If not, *your machine may have already been compromised*!
>>
>> Read here if you don't believe me! https://www.clamxav.com
>
> Judge and hangman are the same person ...

Why does that stop you answering my question?

"Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?"

If not, SHOULD you?

--
David

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<u0cn3t$2v0ft$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15429&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15429

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 22:04:13 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 20:04 UTC

Am 02.04.23 um 19:47 schrieb David Brooks:
> On 02/04/2023 17:47, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>>>
>>> DB copied a question which was posted on the Apple Support Communities
>>> website!
>>>
>>> Evidence? Yeas, here:- https://ibb.co/JvK59hS
>>>
>>> Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?
>>>
>>> If not, *your machine may have already been compromised*!
>>>
>>> Read here if you don't believe me! https://www.clamxav.com
>>
>> Judge and hangman are the same person ...
>
> Why does that stop you answering my question?
>
> "Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?"

Yes. Open Source and free:

*Brain 1.0*

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<uNmWL.293216$ZnFc.81409@fx41.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15430&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15430

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 22:51:22 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 21:51 UTC

On 02/04/2023 21:04, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 02.04.23 um 19:47 schrieb David Brooks:

>>> Judge and hangman are the same person ...
>>
>> Why does that stop you answering my question?
>>
>> "Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?"
>
> Yes. Open Source and free:
>
> *Brain 1.0*

Hmmm! I wonder just HOW clever you are!

Have you /any/ idea what each of these configurations actually *DO*?

https://ibb.co/WHq98V0

If so, please share. TIA.

--
David

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<2ZmWL.293217$ZnFc.14892@fx41.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15431&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15431

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 23:03:42 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 22:03 UTC

On 02/04/2023 22:51, David Brooks wrote:
> On 02/04/2023 21:04, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

>>> Why does that stop you answering my question?
>>>
>>> "Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?"
>>
>> Yes. Open Source and free:
>>
>> *Brain 1.0*
>
> Hmmm! I wonder just HOW clever you are!
>
> Have you /any/ idea what each of these configurations actually *DO*?
>
> https://ibb.co/WHq98V0
>
> If so, please share. TIA.

You've probably gone to bed by now.

I'll sleep on it too!

I'm STILL perplexed by HOW the software knows that I've used the Trial
before.
Here's evidence of that:- https://ibb.co/Nx61wQV

This time my connection with Canimaan Software Ltd was via an Apple
'approved' VPN called 'VPN Unlimited' (which I bought and paid for long
ago).

--
David

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<u0dpql$2rh0l$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15432&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15432

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 07:56:37 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 05:56 UTC

Am 02.04.23 um 23:51 schrieb David Brooks:
> On 02/04/2023 21:04, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

>>> Why does that stop you answering my question?
>>>
>>> "Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?"
>>
>> Yes. Open Source and free:
>>
>> *Brain 1.0*
>
> Hmmm! I wonder just HOW clever you are!

I will soon upgrade to Brain 2.0

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Myth or fact? What is YOUR opinion?

<35610766-9e4d-4d13-940d-96131f6bf849n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=15445&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#15445

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 05:01:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (whisky-dave)
 by: whisky-dave - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 12:01 UTC

On Sunday, 2 April 2023 at 21:04:15 UTC+1, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 02.04.23 um 19:47 schrieb David Brooks:

> >> Judge and hangman are the same person ...
> >
> > Why does that stop you answering my question?
> >
> > "Do *YOU* use anti-malware software on YOUR Apple computer?"
> Yes. Open Source and free:
>
> *Brain 1.0*

Not everyone has access to that software , and even if they do they won't know how to use it.