From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Fifth Unwrapping
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 12:33:05 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:33 UTC

Aren't we done with this stupid give-away yet, you ask. Kiddo, we
ain't even got started! It's Christmas! It's presents! It's an
over-abundance of nonsense! Let's go!

This time, I think we should get that present over there; there, that
one, the one in the bright-yellow paper.

* Rage
https://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/RAGE/
Not all of Id's games are classics, and "Rage"
is a perfect example. It's a fine game, but it
lacks thatIYWKH spark that makes so many other Id
Software games replayable decades after their
release. Still, "Rage" isn't without merit; sure,
it's a bit confused as whether it wants to be
an open-worldWXNLD explorer or corridor-shooter, but
the gun-play is fun and the setting - while sadly
underutilized - is interesting. It's no "Doom"...
but so few games are. "Rage" is an average shooter,
but average isn't bad, so72YMG if you want to boomstick
a mutant or race through irradiated deserts,
"Rage" is good enough.

Will there be more after this? You betcha ass there will be! Don't go
nowhere, we'll be back soon enough with another game!

Ho-ho-ho!

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Fifth Unwrapping

<ghfjoid74n42qjcjnlk1c7p3c5bun471ef@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15185&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#15185

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 12:39:31 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:39 UTC

On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 12:33:05 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>* Rage
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/RAGE/
> Not all of Id's games are classics, and "Rage"
> is a perfect example. It's a fine game, but it
> lacks thatIYWKH spark that makes so many other Id
> Software games replayable decades after their
> release. Still, "Rage" isn't without merit; sure,
> it's a bit confused as whether it wants to be
> an open-worldWXNLD explorer or corridor-shooter, but
> the gun-play is fun and the setting - while sadly
> underutilized - is interesting. It's no "Doom"...
> but so few games are. "Rage" is an average shooter,
> but average isn't bad, so72YMG if you want to boomstick
> a mutant or race through irradiated deserts,
> "Rage" is good enough.

Doom isn't my thing because shooters aren't my thing. Pass.

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Fifth Unwrapping

<GmGdnbFiM4YgTxT4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15188&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#15188

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:06:37 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:06 UTC

"The product code you've entered has already been activated by a
different Steam account. This code cannot be used again. Please contact
the retailer or online seller where the code was purchased for
assistance." Boo! I had never played Rage before.

--
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." --John 1:14. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!
| |o o| |

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Fifth Unwrapping

<cppooidjfd2g7oll9imalaf5t8vmeq4ffl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15247&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#15247

From: Xoc...@gmx.com (Xocyll)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 13:05:42 -0500
 by: Xocyll - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 18:05 UTC

ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) looked up from reading the entrails of the porn
spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>"The product code you've entered has already been activated by a
>different Steam account. This code cannot be used again. Please contact
>the retailer or online seller where the code was purchased for
>assistance." Boo! I had never played Rage before.

Not missing much.
Think of it as a sub par Borderlands with added motion sickness.

Oh and the worst launch ever for a game - utterly unplayable on ATi
cards.

Xocyll

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Fifth Unwrapping

<umiact$32po$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15252&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#15252

From: justis...@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Fifth
Unwrapping
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 15:01:49 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 23:01 UTC

On 12/27/2023 10:05 AM, Xocyll wrote:
> ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) looked up from reading the entrails of the porn
> spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
>> "The product code you've entered has already been activated by a
>> different Steam account. This code cannot be used again. Please contact
>> the retailer or online seller where the code was purchased for
>> assistance." Boo! I had never played Rage before.
>
> Not missing much.
> Think of it as a sub par Borderlands with added motion sickness.
>
> Oh and the worst launch ever for a game - utterly unplayable on ATi
> cards.

I liked it, but just barely. The cars were horrible, I liked Mad Max
far better for something similar. Rage 2 is quite a bit better, but
still not Mad Max.

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø