From: Jim...@disposable.invalid (Jimmy Johnson)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
Subject: Kernel Upgrade
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 17:22:53 -0800
 by: Jimmy Johnson - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 01:22 UTC

I don't know if the current NVIDIA driver will work with the version 6
kernel, so I've downloaded the current 5.19.17 kernel and headers just
in case. I really don't know what I'm doing. There is a patch for the
NVIDIA driver and the kernel version 6 but I would not know how to patch
the driver and it would be easier for me to reinstall a working kernel.
Right now the new kernel is in testing. Anybody else out there know what
they're doing and has a handle on these things? I use the *64-470*
driver for a GeForce GT 710.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Re: Kernel Upgrade

<tpqoec$vce$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1528&group=alt.os.linux.slackware#1528

From: Jim...@disposable.invalid (Jimmy Johnson)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
Subject: Re: Kernel Upgrade
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 20:58:53 -0800
 by: Jimmy Johnson - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 04:58 UTC

On 12/25/2022 05:22 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> I don't know if the current NVIDIA driver will work with the version 6
> kernel, so I've downloaded the current 5.19.17 kernel and headers just
> in case. I really don't know what I'm doing. There is a patch for the
> NVIDIA driver and the kernel version 6 but I would not know how to patch
> the driver and it would be easier for me to reinstall a working kernel.
> Right now the new kernel is in testing. Anybody else out there know what
> they're doing and has a handle on these things? I use the *64-470*
> driver for a GeForce GT 710.

Slackware Current finely got kernel-6.1.5, I installed
NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-470.161.03.run
and it worked with no problem.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware64 Current - AMD A8-7600 at sda7
Registered Linux User #380263