https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=151&group=comp.internet.services.google#151

From: 388...@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers, comp.internet.services.google,
google.public.support.general, google.de, alt.comp.google, alt.google-sucks
Subject: Ping Sysops - New Subscriber Metrics Since Google Groupocalypse?
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:44:13 -0600
 by: SugarBug - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 22:44 UTC

Would syspos please post a ballpark of the number of new subscribers on
their servers since the google groupocalypse groupsspagheddon
announcement? This information metric will be good for having as part
of Usenet history.

I hope you all are keeping track! My suspicion is that Usenet is
certainly not dead and that subscriber numbers will prove that possibly
thousands still lurk the network.

--
CRYP7010G3R | Flee the swarm. | Join the horde. | Be the King Bee.
<beaf3e5bad327e7ca961162eed14e308$1@sybershock.com>

Re: Ping Sysops - New Subscriber Metrics Since Google Groupocalypse?

<un0e4n$2iupg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=152&group=comp.internet.services.google#152

From: mm+usene...@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,comp.internet.services.google,alt.comp.google,alt.google-sucks
Subject: Re: Ping Sysops - New Subscriber Metrics Since Google
Groupocalypse?
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 08:31:35 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 07:31 UTC

Am 01.01.2024 um 16:44:13 Uhr schrieb SugarBug:

> Would syspos please post a ballpark of the number of new subscribers
> on their servers since the google groupocalypse groupsspagheddon
> announcement?

For E-S, such statistics are available:
https://www.eternal-september.org/userstats.php

PS: Non-existing hierarchy google removed from crosspost

Re: Ping Sysops - New Subscriber Metrics Since Google Groupocalypse?

<7bf2b36a3e0a.65789ea0@localhost>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=153&group=comp.internet.services.google#153

Followup: alt.free.newsservers
From: nore...@spamfree.invalid (Ed Corman)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,comp.internet.services.google,alt.comp.google,alt.google-sucks
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:56:40 -0000
 by: Ed Corman - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:56 UTC

Marco Moock wrote:
> Am 01.01.2024 um 16:44:13 Uhr schrieb SugarBug:
>
>> Would syspos please post a ballpark of the number of new subscribers
>> on their servers since the google groupocalypse groupsspagheddon
>> announcement?
>
> For E-S, such statistics are available:
> https://www.eternal-september.org/userstats.php

According to those statistics, E-S has *fewer* new subscribers than at
the same time a year ago.

Nov to Dec 2023 2022
new subscribers 100 300

Dec to Jan 2023-2024 2022-2023
new subscribers 200 1100

> PS: Non-existing hierarchy google removed from crosspost

Followups set to alt.free.newsservers only.