From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: wake up screen
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 02:15:43 +0300
 by: Scott Lurndal - Sun, 2 May 2021 23:15 UTC

What is the boot up wake up background wallpaper screen called?
I need the right search term to find how to change it to a solid color.

When my phone boots up or wakes up a pretty graphic filled screen comes up.
Then when I swipe my personal home screen comes up (which is a solid color).

A solid color "wallpaper" seems to be what sets my personal home screen.
But what sets the wallpaper of the fancy thing I'm calling a wake up screen?

All I want is for that wake up screen to be the same as my home screen.
What do I call it to search for how to set it to a blank solid background?

Re: wake up screen

<s6nh3i$46k$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15328&group=comp.mobile.android#15328

From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: wake up screen
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 03:45:41 +0300
 by: Scott Lurndal - Mon, 3 May 2021 00:45 UTC

Scott Lurndal writes:

> What is the boot up wake up background wallpaper screen called?

Apparently there is a "Home screen wallpaper" & a "Lock screen wallpaper."
https://www.bestandroidos.com/how-to-change-lock-screen-wallpaper-in-android-11/

My Android 11 "lock screen wallpaper" was set to a pretty video by default.
But I want it to be a boring solid color instead of fancy moving graphics.

This is the default wallpaper (which is a video)
Settings -> Wallpaper -> My wallpapers -> Featured -> Preloaded 1

This is how I changed it (to a solid background)
Settings -> Wallpaper -> Gallery -> (select solid shot) -> Done ->
Set as wallpaper -> Lock and Home screens -> Set on Lock and Home screens

Now when the screen falls asleep, a tap-tap brings up the boring but now
consistent solid color wallpaper for both the Lock Screen & Home Screen.