From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Subject: [LINK] A look at search engines with their own indexes
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: 12 May 2022 09:18:48 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Wed, 11 May 2022 23:18 UTC

A look at search engines with their own indexes
By Rohan Kumar, 2021-03-10 (updated 2022-05-04)
- https://seirdy.one/2021/03/10/search-engines-with-own-indexes.html
- gemini://seirdy.one/2021/03/10/search-engines-with-own-indexes.gmi

"This is a cursory review of all the indexing search engines I have
been able to find.

The three dominant English search engines with their own
indexes are Google, Bing, and Yandex (GBY). Many alternatives
to GBY exist, but almost none of them have their own results;
instead, they just source their results from GBY.

With that in mind, I decided to test and catalog all the different
indexing search engines I could find. I prioritized breadth over
depth, and encourage readers to try the engines out themselves if
they'd like more information." ...

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: [LINK] A look at search engines with their own indexes

<62870af9@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1542&group=comp.misc#1542

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: comp.misc
Date: 20 May 2022 13:28:57 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Fri, 20 May 2022 03:28 UTC

Computer Nerd Kev <not@telling.you.invalid> wrote:
> A look at search engines with their own indexes
> By Rohan Kumar, 2021-03-10 (updated 2022-05-04)
> - https://seirdy.one/2021/03/10/search-engines-with-own-indexes.html
> - gemini://seirdy.one/2021/03/10/search-engines-with-own-indexes.gmi

On a related note, though claimed to be unintentional, DuckDuckGo
recently purged piracy websites from search results, including the
youtube-dl homepage. The same sites had been delisted from Bing,
which emphasises how DDG relies mainly on Bing for results, as
reported on that search engine comparison page.

https://www.techspot.com/news/94234-duckduckgo-blocks-piracy-websites-search-results.html

--
__ __