"If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong." -- Norm Schryer

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: Usenet Revival

SubjectAuthor
* Usenet RevivalYamn Remailer
+* Re: Usenet RevivalD
|`* Re: Usenet RevivalParanoid Pete
| `- Re: Usenet RevivalD
+* Re: Usenet RevivalWoke Militia
|`- Re: Usenet RevivalD
`* Re: Usenet Revivalrek2 hispagatos
 `- Re: Usenet RevivalNomen Nescio

1
Usenet Revival

<20230902.053543.c8a42a7d@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15222&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15222

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net D1EE143682
Subject: Usenet Revival
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:35:43 -0400
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 09:35 UTC

* USENET, the OG social network, rises again like a text-only phoenix *
* Alive and still quite vigorous considering its age *

Liam Proven - Wed 30 Aug 2023 // 14:27 UTC

The USENET management committee has reconvened and there are green
shoots of growth in the original, pre-World Wide Web social network.

<https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/30/usenet_revival/>

Thumbs up!

Re: Usenet Revival

<c23412c8cd8f0ba5265b72ee4b08f052@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15234&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15234

From: J...@M (D)
Subject: Re: Usenet Revival
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 02:24:43 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 00:24 UTC

On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:35:43 -0400, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>* USENET, the OG social network, rises again like a text-only phoenix *
>* Alive and still quite vigorous considering its age *
>Liam Proven - Wed 30 Aug 2023 // 14:27 UTC
>The USENET management committee has reconvened and there are green
>shoots of growth in the original, pre-World Wide Web social network.
><https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/30/usenet_revival/>
>Thumbs up!

it's no joke... Usenet has been resurrected from the gloomy underworld

(using Tor Browser 12.5.3 w/o bridges to open this "theregister" link)
[end quote]

Re: Usenet Revival

<ud1tfe$11uta$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15243&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15243

From: s...@j.w (Woke Militia)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:21:56 -0700
 by: Woke Militia - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 12:21 UTC

* Woke activists secretly target Usenet for new censorship model. *
* *
* "Anyone we don't like is a Nazi, and will be silenced!" *
* *
* "Your opinion is racism, because I said so!" *
* *

Woke infiltrators are attempting to broker back-room talks with
the Usenet Big8 board to stage an eventual pretext for enforcing
new Usenet censorship models.

Usenet has enjoyed a decades-long track record as haven for free
speech. The woke militia has plans to change that.

On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:35:43 -0400
Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

> * USENET, the OG social network, rises again like a text-only phoenix
> *
> * Alive and still quite vigorous considering its age
> *
>
> Liam Proven - Wed 30 Aug 2023 // 14:27 UTC
>
> The USENET management committee has reconvened and there are green
> shoots of growth in the original, pre-World Wide Web social network.
>
> <https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/30/usenet_revival/>
>
> Thumbs up!

Re: Usenet Revival

<08d166b399b3fe561220beff6c680179@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15245&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15245

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 15:38:02 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 13:38 UTC

On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:21:56 -0700, Woke Militia <s@j.w> wrote:
> * Woke activists secretly target Usenet for new censorship model. *
> * "Anyone we don't like is a Nazi, and will be silenced!" *
> * "Your opinion is racism, because I said so!" *
> Woke infiltrators are attempting to broker back-room talks with
> the Usenet Big8 board to stage an eventual pretext for enforcing
> new Usenet censorship models.
> Usenet has enjoyed a decades-long track record as haven for free
> speech. The woke militia has plans to change that.

43 years later ... they might try holding a seance using a ouija board?

Re: Usenet Revival

<ue0409$10o08$2@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15339&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15339

Followup: alt.privacy
From: rek...@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 23:12:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 23:12 UTC

On 2023-09-02, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
> * USENET, the OG social network, rises again like a text-only phoenix *
> * Alive and still quite vigorous considering its age *
>
> Liam Proven - Wed 30 Aug 2023 // 14:27 UTC
>
> The USENET management committee has reconvened and there are green
> shoots of growth in the original, pre-World Wide Web social network.
>
><https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/30/usenet_revival/>
>
> Thumbs up!

Nice, considering other niche groups, and ourself created a inn server
for usenet recently and are attracting members of our colective, friends
and other old school and new school hackers and tinkers I am
not that surprised but I am happy about it.

ReK2
Happy Hacking

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2

Re: Usenet Revival

<4c94ddec11032fb7004033da88a6d784@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15340&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15340

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 03:24:13 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 15 Sep 2023 01:24 UTC

In article <ue0409$10o08$2@matrix.hispagatos.org>
rek2 hispagatos <rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-09-02, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > * USENET, the OG social network, rises again like a text-only phoenix *
> > * Alive and still quite vigorous considering its age *
> >
> > Liam Proven - Wed 30 Aug 2023 // 14:27 UTC
> >
> > The USENET management committee has reconvened and there are green
> > shoots of growth in the original, pre-World Wide Web social network.
> >
> ><https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/30/usenet_revival/>
> >
> > Thumbs up!
> >

> Nice, considering other niche groups, and ourself created a inn server
> for usenet recently and are attracting members of our colective, friends
> and other old school and new school hackers and tinkers I am
> not that surprised but I am happy about it.
>

> ReK2
> Happy Hacking

Quit smoking the weed and once more you'll see the reality of a dead
Usenet.

The only ones left are those with no civility who cannot last in a
moderated Web forum and the tech dullards who cannot converse with
anyone else except another tech dullard. The real techs are on the
Web, not the pretend ones still on Usenet.

Re: Usenet Revival

<99b5071d2d4bfacd5c570cac6e1aea12@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15378&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15378

From: Paranoid...@hidden.invalid (Paranoid Pete)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 22:23:08 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Paranoid Pete - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 20:23 UTC

Re: Usenet Revival

<67f10d4069a93f7b8eab6f6c0da47bfd@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15379&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15379

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 00:11:07 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 22:11 UTC

On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 22:23:08 +0200, Paranoid Pete <Paranoid_Pete@hidden.invalid> wrote:
>In article <c23412c8cd8f0ba5265b72ee4b08f052@dizum.com>
>D <J@M> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 05:35:43 -0400, Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> >***********************************************************************
>> >* USENET, the OG social network, rises again like a text-only phoenix *
>> >* Alive and still quite vigorous considering its age *
>> >***********************************************************************
>> >Liam Proven - Wed 30 Aug 2023 // 14:27 UTC
>> >The USENET management committee has reconvened and there are green
>> >shoots of growth in the original, pre-World Wide Web social network.
>> ><https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/30/usenet_revival/>
>> >Thumbs up!
>>
>> it's no joke... Usenet has been resurrected from the gloomy underworld
>
>BBBbut I LIKE a gloomy underworld!
>Paranoid Pete

it's restful and adventurous in the umbra, looking up at the new earth
while "supputant presque autant des aduentures du temps aduenir, comme
des eages passez, comprenant de present"-a paraphrase from the epistle