"Trust me. I know what I'm doing." -- Sledge Hammer

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Android 11 screenshots

SubjectAuthor
* Android 11 screenshotsScott Lurndal
+* Re: Android 11 screenshotskelown
|`- Re: Android 11 screenshotsScott Lurndal
`- Re: Android 11 screenshotss|b

1
Android 11 screenshots

<s6qb2s$eea$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15343&group=comp.mobile.android#15343

From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Android 11 screenshots
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 05:21:19 +0300
 by: Scott Lurndal - Tue, 4 May 2021 02:21 UTC

Darn. Android 11 removed screenshot taking from the power button. :-[
https://www.guidingtech.com/take-screenshot-on-android-11/
"Google has removed the screenshot option from the power button."

I never was good at manipulating multiple buttons reliably. Too clumsy.
In Android 11 I needed to get back these Android 10 screenshot functions.
(a) (single button screenshot)
(b) (scrolling screenshot)
(c) (delayed screenshot)

I've already used the doubletap on the hardware power button for the camera.
Settings -> Advanced features -> Side key -> Double press -> Quick launch camera

And on my 1st screenshot I already chose the Screenshot (vs Select) option.
https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/apps/android-11-features-revised-screenshot-process-how-to-take-screenshot.html

The new Android 11 "swipe up & hold" feature doesn't do anything for me.
https://wccftech.com/how-to/how-to-take-and-edit-a-screenshot-on-android-11-the-easy-way/

What I ended up doing was installing a Screenshot Assistant soft button app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.waskysoft.screenshotassistant
Now instead of pressing power/vol I just longpress the software home button.

That handles most quick screenshots but it doesn't have delay or scroll. :-[

To add screenshot delay & scroll I added this tiler to the quick settings
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.takescreenshot
which has a 5-sec configurable delay which you can set to the microsecond.

I also played with this app but the delay wasn't as configurable as above.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.cvzi.screenshottile

Be forewarned both those two tilers above work from the quick settings by
swiping down from the top of the screen and both take a bit of fumbling
with Android accessibility features to get them to work the first time.

Happily, now I have in Android 11 what I had previously in Android 10! :-]
(a) (single button screenshot) by long pressing on the software home button
(b) (scrolling screenshot) by swiping down & choosing a quick settings icon
(c) (delayed screenshot) by 1st swiping quick settings & long pressing it
Of course fumbling with the power/volume hardware keys still works. :-]

If you've got something better for Android 11 screenshots let me know!

Re: Android 11 screenshots

<s6qrpq$j7s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15344&group=comp.mobile.android#15344

From: kel...@privacy.invalid (kelown)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android 11 screenshots
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 02:06:32 -0500
 by: kelown - Tue, 4 May 2021 07:06 UTC

> Happily, now I have in Android 11 what I had previously in Android 10! :-]
> (a) (single button screenshot) by long pressing on the software home button
> (b) (scrolling screenshot) by swiping down & choosing a quick settings icon
> (c) (delayed screenshot) by 1st swiping quick settings & long pressing it
> Of course fumbling with the power/volume hardware keys still works. :-]
>
> If you've got something better for Android 11 screenshots let me know!

Audio Screenshot takes a pic by simply saying a word of your choice
that's louder than ambient noise. No fumbling with buttons and you can
use your voice as the delay mechanism.
https://t.ly/OuVc (Play Store link)

Re: Android 11 screenshots

<ifnllcFs345U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15388&group=comp.mobile.android#15388

From: me...@privacy.invalid (s|b)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 08 May 2021 16:31:16 +0200
 by: s|b - Sat, 8 May 2021 14:31 UTC

On Tue, 4 May 2021 05:21:19 +0300, Scott Lurndal wrote:

> Darn. Android 11 removed screenshot taking from the power button. :-[

I thought that was a PITA at first, but then I moved to gestures and now
I just swipe up and then choose 'screenshot'.

--
s|b

Re: Android 11 screenshots

<s76kfo$dvt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15390&group=comp.mobile.android#15390

From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 21:15:24 +0300
 by: Scott Lurndal - Sat, 8 May 2021 18:15 UTC

kelown writes:

> Audio Screenshot takes a pic by simply saying a word of your choice

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I was looking to see if that capability
could be found ad free but it can't as I looked for days to find one.

Your suggestion is the best for the many people who don't mind installing
apps that have ads in them but for me I never install any app with ads.

I'm ok now as I can snap screenshots using hard buttons or using the soft
home button or swiping for a tile where I can add up to a 5 second delay.

But thanks for the audio screenshot suggestion which requires no buttons!