From: arl_123...@hotmail.com (J.B. Wood)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Google Play search engine
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 22:02:22 -0500
 by: J.B. Wood - Sun, 9 May 2021 03:02 UTC

What search engine on your phone do you use to find apps on Google Play?

The Google Play search stinks because it doesn't have any good filters.
(It's probably not in the best interest of developers to have good filters.)

But if I search from my PC I still end up with the lousy Google Play search.

Instead from the phone I can search Google Play using the Aurora Store
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-4-4-aurora-store-open-source-play-store-client-april-8-2021.3739733/

The Aurora Store searches Google Play with the following filters
Ratings (various cutoffs)
Downloads (various cutoffs)
Apps with ads (yes/no)
Apps which are free (yes/no)
Apps which are GSF independent (yes/no)
Apps which are Google apps (yes/no)
Apps which are also on F-Droid (yes/no)
Save filter settings between sessions (yes/no)

And the Aurora Store allows for other privacy measures
Login (either Google ID or an anonymous login)
Generate GSF ID locally on the device (yes/no)
Save all the downloaded APKs (do not delete them)
Spoof the device (various devices available)
Spoof the language (various languages available)
Blacklist manager (any app can be blacklisted)

But is there something better for searching Google Play apps?
Or is that the best we can hope for to search on Google Play?

What search engine on your phone do you use to find good apps?
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com