You don't have to know how the computer works, just how to work the computer.

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...

SubjectAuthor
* Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...TDH1978
+- Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...Percival John Hackworth
+* Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...Wade Garrett
|`- Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...Alan Browne
`- Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...Joerg Lorenz

1
Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...

<tsm88d$3cea0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15394&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15394

From: thedeerh...@movie.uni (TDH1978)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 16:46:53 -0500
 by: TDH1978 - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 21:46 UTC

I upgraded to the latest version of macOS Ventura (13.2.1) yesterday,
and when my 16" M2 MacBook Pro rebooted, I noticed two things: my
fingerprint ids were gone and I had to resort to using passwords for
authentication, and more importantly, Apple Mail was no longer syncing
to the Google mail servers (something that had been working flawlessly
since 2010).

I checked my mail accounts in Settings, and everything seemed to be
fine. I deactivated and then reactivated my Mail accounts under Mail >
Accounts. I also rebooted my machine. Nothing helped.

Has anyone else experienced this? And how do I get Apple Mail to
re-sync with the Google servers?

Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...

<k57q4iF424lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15395&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15395

From: pjh...@nanoworks.com (Percival John Hackworth)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: 16 Feb 2023 22:47:46 GMT
 by: Percival John Hackwo - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 22:47 UTC

On Feb 16, 2023 at 1:46:53 PM PST, "TDH1978" <thedeerhunter1978@movie.uni>
wrote:

> I upgraded to the latest version of macOS Ventura (13.2.1) yesterday,
> and when my 16" M2 MacBook Pro rebooted, I noticed two things: my
> fingerprint ids were gone and I had to resort to using passwords for
> authentication, and more importantly, Apple Mail was no longer syncing
> to the Google mail servers (something that had been working flawlessly
> since 2010).
>
> I checked my mail accounts in Settings, and everything seemed to be
> fine. I deactivated and then reactivated my Mail accounts under Mail >
> Accounts. I also rebooted my machine. Nothing helped.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? And how do I get Apple Mail to
> re-sync with the Google servers?

I upgraded last night. I have my own domain in Google Mail and a gmail
account.
Both are syncing just fine. Inside mail preferences, there's a test feature
(or there
used to be) to test connectivity to the Google Mail server. What do the logs
tell
you about connecting to Gmail?

MacO's log files were consolidated which makes them hard to wander around
like a Linux server. You might check out the Logs section of

https://eclecticlight.co/mac-troubleshooting-summary/

Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...

<tsmemu$3d9l2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15396&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15396

From: wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 18:37:02 -0500
 by: Wade Garrett - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 23:37 UTC

On 2/16/23 4:46 PM, TDH1978 wrote:
> I upgraded to the latest version of macOS Ventura (13.2.1) yesterday,
> and when my 16" M2 MacBook Pro rebooted, I noticed two things: my
> fingerprint ids were gone and I had to resort to using passwords for
> authentication, and more importantly, Apple Mail was no longer syncing
> to the Google mail servers (something that had been working flawlessly
> since 2010).
>
> I checked my mail accounts in Settings, and everything seemed to be
> fine.  I deactivated and then reactivated my Mail accounts under Mail >
> Accounts.  I also rebooted my machine.  Nothing helped.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?  And how do I get Apple Mail to
> re-sync with the Google servers?

Try deleting the account from your Mac, close Mac Mail, reboot,
set up the account again on your Mac.

Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...

<EhzHL.1338208$GNG9.701477@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15397&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15397

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 18:48:52 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 23:48 UTC

On 2023-02-16 18:37, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 2/16/23 4:46 PM, TDH1978 wrote:
>> I upgraded to the latest version of macOS Ventura (13.2.1) yesterday,
>> and when my 16" M2 MacBook Pro rebooted, I noticed two things: my
>> fingerprint ids were gone and I had to resort to using passwords for
>> authentication, and more importantly, Apple Mail was no longer syncing
>> to the Google mail servers (something that had been working flawlessly
>> since 2010).
>>
>> I checked my mail accounts in Settings, and everything seemed to be
>> fine.  I deactivated and then reactivated my Mail accounts under Mail
>> > Accounts.  I also rebooted my machine.  Nothing helped.
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this?  And how do I get Apple Mail to
>> re-sync with the Google servers?
>>
> Try deleting the account from your Mac, close Mac Mail, reboot,
> set up the account again on your Mac.

Regretfully agree. Been there (not with this v. of OS, however).

--
“Donald Trump and his allies and supporters are a clear and present
danger to American democracy.”

Re: Apple Mail not syncing with Google servers after upgrade...

<tsna58$10mvq$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15398&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15398

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:25:28 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 07:25 UTC

Am 16.02.23 um 22:46 schrieb TDH1978:
> I upgraded to the latest version of macOS Ventura (13.2.1) yesterday,
> and when my 16" M2 MacBook Pro rebooted, I noticed two things: my
> fingerprint ids were gone and I had to resort to using passwords for
> authentication, and more importantly, Apple Mail was no longer syncing
> to the Google mail servers (something that had been working flawlessly
> since 2010).
>
> I checked my mail accounts in Settings, and everything seemed to be
> fine. I deactivated and then reactivated my Mail accounts under Mail >
> Accounts. I also rebooted my machine. Nothing helped.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? And how do I get Apple Mail to
> re-sync with the Google servers?

First delete all files with "Envelope" in the name within this folder:

/Users/profilename/Library/Mail/V10/MailData

This will rebuild the database. This can take a couple of minutes when
you open Mail again. After this Mail will be much snappier too.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)