I don't want to be young again, I just don't want to get any older.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

SubjectAuthor
* Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostAnonymous
+- Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostD
+- Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostNomen Nescio
`* Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostAnonymous
 `* Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostD
  `* Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostNomen Nescio
   `* Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostD
    `* Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostNomen Nescio
     `- Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot PostAnonymous

1
Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<90fc4fe0313936d5e18bcb847d5ef4bb@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15415&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15415

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Subject: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:23:19 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:23 UTC

I'm leaning OM. I use the current version.

Using OM, I can post successfully using YAMN.

I cannot send a message successfully using Mixmaster.
Ever.

No matter how many remailers I use, or how many copies, my failure
rate is 100%.

I am using the native OM Mailer.

The error message is always the same: "Encryption failed. No
reliable remailers."

I am using Tincture as my stats sources. I always update my stats.

FWIW my settings:

Reliab min=70
fin=97
Latency=3
Distance=4
Attempts=10

Under "Remailer" in the top right corner I select Mixmaster
from the dropdown menu.

I realize this could ne a "million things."

But something tells me I have something "really simple" screwed up.

Appreciate the help.

Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<2838cb746a9a0ddef0c400e667f65eb0@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15417&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15417

From: J...@M (D)
Subject: Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:23:43 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 21:23 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:23:19 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:
>I'm leaning OM. I use the current version.
>Using OM, I can post successfully using YAMN.
>I cannot send a message successfully using Mixmaster.
>Ever.
>No matter how many remailers I use, or how many copies, my failure
>rate is 100%.
>I am using the native OM Mailer.
>The error message is always the same: "Encryption failed. No
>reliable remailers."
>I am using Tincture as my stats sources. I always update my stats.
>FWIW my settings:
>Reliab min=70
>fin=97
>Latency=3
>Distance=4
>Attempts=10
>Under "Remailer" in the top right corner I select Mixmaster
>from the dropdown menu.
>I realize this could ne a "million things."
>But something tells me I have something "really simple" screwed up.
>Appreciate the help.

I'm no "wizard", but using Omnimix out of the box (fresh install to new
folder, portable mode) has made it easier to test "yamn" configurations
without messing up default settings in "C:\Program Files (x86)\OmniMix";
I've been using mixmin stats consistently (except the outage June 22-25,
when the "echolot.theremailer.net" stats worked w/OM in lieu of mixmin);
no idea why "no reliable remailers" should appear with such low minimum,
but possibly changing stats source could solve failed encryption issues

Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<2c7ec19238933fa758f5105a82339e3a@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15418&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15418

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 02:34:42 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:34 UTC

On 9/29/2023 9:23 AM, Anonymous wrote:

> I'm leaning OM. I use the current version.
>
> Using OM, I can post successfully using YAMN.
>
> I cannot send a message successfully using Mixmaster.
> Ever.
>
> No matter how many remailers I use, or how many copies, my failure
> rate is 100%.
>
> I am using the native OM Mailer.
>
> The error message is always the same: "Encryption failed. No
> reliable remailers."

Check your stats sources.

Sounds like they might be screwed up.

Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<20230930.114905.fbf97cbb@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15421&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15421

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:49:05 +0000
From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:49 UTC

Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> FWIW my settings:
>
> Reliab min=70
> fin=97
> Latency=3
> Distance=4
> Attempts=10

AFAICS the tincture pinger works just fine.

But there aren't enough remailers any more with such a low latency to
build 4 hops long chains of different remailers. At the StateInt tab
you have to increase Latency and shorten Distance starting with a
Latency of 8 (hours) to include both frell remailers and a Distance of
e.g. 2.

Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<ae65ee197f9d1a03648a712eda28df97@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15425&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15425

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:33:48 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 13:33 UTC

On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:49:05 +0000, Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:
>Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:
>> FWIW my settings:
>> Reliab min=70
>> fin=97
>> Latency=3
>> Distance=4
>> Attempts=10
>
>AFAICS the tincture pinger works just fine.
>But there aren't enough remailers any more with such a low latency to
>build 4 hops long chains of different remailers. At the StateInt tab
>you have to increase Latency and shorten Distance starting with a
>Latency of 8 (hours) to include both frell remailers and a Distance of
>e.g. 2.

probably shorter chains . . . checking stats:

https://tincture.ws/pinger/classic/mlist.txt
"Last update: Sat 30 Sep 2023 13:05:00 GMT
mixmaster history latency uptime
banana ********* 21:00 100.00%
dizum ************ 10:59 100.00%
ipsum ************ 18:00 100.00%
middleman ************ 13:00 100.00%
shalo ************ 10:00 100.00%
tncmm ****#******* 7:00 100.00%
frell2 +----+---++- 5:35:00 99.85%
frell ------------ 5:30:00 99.02%
paranoia ************ 29:59 96.09%
slow ____..-.-.- 47:11:00 79.51%"

https://tincture.ws/pinger/classic/mlist2.txt
"Generated: Sat 30 Sep 2023 13:05:00 GMT
Mixmaster Latent-Hist Latent Uptime-Hist Uptime Options
banana ???001001110 :21 ???+++++++++ 100.0% D R IN1
dizum 000000000100 :10 ++++++++++++ 100.0% PR GO ATLEUIN0
ipsum 011100100000 :18 ++++++++++++ 100.0% D R GO ATLE IN9
middleman 000000000000 :13 ++++++++++++ 100.0% DPR IN
shalo 000000000000 :10 ++++++++++++ 100.0% D R GO ATLE IN9
tncmm 000000000000 :07 ++++++++++++ 100.0% D R IN
frell2 496664788437 5:35 +++++++++++9 99.9% PR IN9
frell 68567657A856 5:30 +++++++++++8 99.0% PR GO ATLE IN9
paranoia 111111110111 :29 9++++9+++998 96.1% PR GO ATLE IN
slow HHHHDGCECGB? 47:11 99+++9887568 79.5% D R IN1"

Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<ded5fa9dbc938eadcfcf9916781aafc8@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15434&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15434

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:54:57 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 17:54 UTC

D <J@M> wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:49:05 +0000, Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:
>>Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:
>>> FWIW my settings:
>>> Reliab min=70
>>> fin=97
>>> Latency=3
>>> Distance=4
>>> Attempts=10
>>
>>AFAICS the tincture pinger works just fine.
>>But there aren't enough remailers any more with such a low latency to
>>build 4 hops long chains of different remailers. At the StateInt tab
>>you have to increase Latency and shorten Distance starting with a
>>Latency of 8 (hours) to include both frell remailers and a Distance of
>>e.g. 2.
>
>probably shorter chains . . . checking stats:

Remailers can be used multiple times within a chain, which is where the
Distance parameter is of high relevance.

<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutorremailchains.htm>

| DISTANCE The distance after which a remailer can be selected again in a chain.
| 0 is a pure random selection.
| 20 means previously-used remailers will not be selected again.
| Default: 20
| Example: 'DISTANCE 4'

Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<dee07ce9cd7404b12bbd4bc95a3ab74e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15436&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15436

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:45:12 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:45 UTC

On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:54:57 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>D <J@M> wrote:
>>>AFAICS the tincture pinger works just fine.
>>>But there aren't enough remailers any more with such a low latency to
>>>build 4 hops long chains of different remailers. At the StateInt tab
>>>you have to increase Latency and shorten Distance starting with a
>>>Latency of 8 (hours) to include both frell remailers and a Distance of
>>>e.g. 2.
>>probably shorter chains . . . checking stats:
>Remailers can be used multiple times within a chain, which is where the
>Distance parameter is of high relevance.
>
><https://danner-net.de/omom/tutorremailchains.htm>
>| DISTANCE The distance after which a remailer can be selected again in a chain.
>| 0 is a pure random selection.
>| 20 means previously-used remailers will not be selected again.
>| Default: 20
>| Example: 'DISTANCE 4'

great point; so if, for example, only seven (7) remailers currently
show "latency" under 1 hour, then a random chain of three remailers
"* * *" w/ distance "4" should show up in <2 hours...is that right?

"Last update: Sat 30 Sep 2023 18:15:00 GMT
mixmaster history latency uptime
dizum ************ 12:00 100.00%
ipsum ************ 19:00 100.00%
middleman ************ 10:30 100.00%
shalo ************ 9:00 100.00%
tncmm **#*#*#####* 5:00 100.00%
banana ********* 20:59 99.48%
frell ---------+-+ 6:25:00 98.46%
frell2 ------------ 6:10:00 98.08%
paranoia ************ 28:00 97.89%
slow ___.-...--+- 40:23:30 73.28%"

Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<aec824d250e4177a376fb6942512a234@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15441&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15441

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:40:48 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:40 UTC

D <J@M> wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:54:57 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>>Remailers can be used multiple times within a chain, which is where the
>>Distance parameter is of high relevance.
>>
>><https://danner-net.de/omom/tutorremailchains.htm>
>>| DISTANCE The distance after which a remailer can be selected again in a chain.
>>| 0 is a pure random selection.
>>| 20 means previously-used remailers will not be selected again.
>>| Default: 20
>>| Example: 'DISTANCE 4'
>
>great point; so if, for example, only seven (7) remailers currently
>show "latency" under 1 hour, then a random chain of three remailers
>"* * *" w/ distance "4" should show up in <2 hours...is that right?
>
>"Last update: Sat 30 Sep 2023 18:15:00 GMT
> mixmaster history latency uptime
> dizum ************ 12:00 100.00%
> ipsum ************ 19:00 100.00%
> middleman ************ 10:30 100.00%
> shalo ************ 9:00 100.00%
> tncmm **#*#*#####* 5:00 100.00%
> banana ********* 20:59 99.48%
> frell ---------+-+ 6:25:00 98.46%
> frell2 ------------ 6:10:00 98.08%
> paranoia ************ 28:00 97.89%
> slow ___.-...--+- 40:23:30 73.28%"

With a Latency set to (a maximum of) 1 (hour) and a three hop chain
messages should make it in less than three hours. Distance only
specifies the minimum allowed distance of the occurrences of each
remailer within a chain (to be exactly how many other remailers have to
lie in between) and has nothing to do with remailer latency. With too
restrictive rules for both the remailer software may not be able to
build the requested number of different copies, which then results in a
"No reliable remailers" error.

The statistics above for example wouldn't allow to build 8-hop chains
with Latency 1..6 (fulfilled by only 7 remailers) and Distance 7+.
Increase Latency to 7 (to include frell and frell2) or decrease Distance
to 5 (to allow the entry remailer also being the last remailer before
the exit, as the exit remailer obviously plays a special role here) and
you'll succeed, at least as long as Reliability is low enough not to
cause further restrictions.

Re: Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post

<f4542cbbab17d3ec84301090a78bcb89@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15444&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#15444

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:54:20 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:54 UTC

On 9/30/2023 1:40 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> With a Latency set to (a maximum of) 1 (hour) and a three hop chain
> messages should make it in less than three hours. Distance only
> specifies the minimum allowed distance of the occurrences of each
> remailer within a chain (to be exactly how many other remailers have
> lie in between) and has nothing to do with remailer latency. With too
> restrictive rules for both the remailer software may not be able to
> build the requested number of different copies, which then results in
a > "No reliable remailers" error.

> The statistics above for example wouldn't allow to build 8-hop chains
> with Latency 1..6 (fulfilled by only 7 remailers) and Distance 7+.
> Increase Latency to 7 (to include frell and frell2) or decrease
Distance
> to 5 (to allow the entry remailer also being the last remailer before
> the exit, as the exit remailer obviously plays a special role here)
and
> you'll succeed, at least as long as Reliability is low enough not to
> cause further restrictions.

That was excellent.

Thanks for taking the time to give a proper expplnation.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Omnimix Wizards: Please Help: Cannot Post