One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’sWally J
`* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy ofJolly Roger
 `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’sWally J
  `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy ofJolly Roger
   `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’sWally J
    `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of AppleAlan
     `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy ofJolly Roger
      `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’sWally J
       `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy ofJolly Roger
        `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’sWally J
         `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy ofJolly Roger
          `* Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’sWally J
           `- Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy ofJolly Roger

1
Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<uj192b$3jcj0$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15468&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15468

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s
_satellite_SOS_after_only_ten_months
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 22:06:03 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 02:06 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> I'm sure this will trigger the Apple-hating troll gang

This is an adult observation of the actions of Jolly Roger, just now...

I saw that days ago and didn't think anything of it, Jolly Roger.
I don't see how it affects us in any way, shape or form.

Do you?
How?

BTW, like Arno did, you get us completely wrong, Jolly Roger.
We aren't like you.

We're normal.

We don't give a shit whether or not Qualcomm or Microsoft or Google or
Samsung or Motorola (the list is longer for us) does this or does that.

We don't defend everything they do like a religious zealot, JR.
You do.

We don't.
Because we don't care.

We didn't buy into a platform only because we were following a heard.
And, we don't then look for justification from that very same herd.

We bought the best bang for the buck.
We didn't follow the crowd.

You could say we don't give a shit what color our message bubbles are.
We don't gloat over the profits of Google or Microsoft either, JR.

You iKooks gloat over Apple's profits (which is a strange thing to do).
The reason you gloat over Apple's profits is because you are herd animals.

You're desperate to seek vindication of your herd decision from the herd.
We're not.

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<kripv9Fnap4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15469&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15469

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of
Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months
Date: 15 Nov 2023 02:50:17 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 02:50 UTC

On 2023-11-15, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> I'm sure this will trigger the Apple-hating troll gang
>
> You iKooks

Right on cue. 🤣

JR

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<uj1fb5$3jm68$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15470&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15470

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
_satellite_SOS_after_only_ten_months
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 23:53:08 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 03:53 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Right on cue.

It's interesting that you lack the mental capacity to understand a single
word I said, Jolly Roger, where you care greatly what Apple does. We don't.

You didn't understand a word I said about you making herd decisions.
So it matters greatly... to you... when Apple fails at something.

We don't make herd decisions, Jolly Roger.
So we don't care if Qualcomm fails at something.

In fact...

We're not like you, Jolly Roger.
You make only herd decisions.
We don't.

You follow the herd, Jolly Roger.
We don't.

We don't care if Google fails at something.
We don't care if Samsung fails at something.
We don't care if Motorola fails at something.

If they fail at something, we don't take it as affirmation that our herd
decision is wrong because we don't make those herd decisions like you do.

It's you who is desperate for that affirmation of your herd decision.
Not us.

It's so simple. And yet, you can't understand a word of what I said.

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<krj05cFoil1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15471&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15471

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months
Date: 15 Nov 2023 04:35:57 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 04:35 UTC

On 2023-11-15, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Right on cue.
>
> you lack the mental capacity
> you care greatly what Apple does
> You didn't understand a word I said
> we don't care.
> We don't.
> We don't.
> We don't care
> We don't care
> We don't care
> Not us.
> you can't understand

The lady doth protest too much, me thinks. 😉

JR

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<uj263u$3kqhk$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15472&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15472

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
_satellite_SOS_after_only_ten_months
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 06:21:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:21 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> The lady doth protest too much

Why do you think you iKooks gloat over Apple profits, Jolly Roger?
Nobody normal does that.

Think about it.
Why doesn't anyone on Android ngs gloat over Google or Samsung profits?

This gloating over the mothership only happens on the Apple ngs, JR.
You're desperate for affirmation of your herd decision, Jolly Roger.

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<uj2u31$1qsid$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15473&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15473

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re:_Qualcomm_incompetence_kills_its_copy_of_Apple
’s_satellite_SOS_after_only_ten_months
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 09:10:57 -0800
 by: Alan - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:10 UTC

On 2023-11-15 02:21, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> The lady doth protest too much
>
> Why do you think you iKooks gloat over Apple profits, Jolly Roger?
> Nobody normal does that.
>
> Think about it.
> Why doesn't anyone on Android ngs gloat over Google or Samsung profits?
>
> This gloating over the mothership only happens on the Apple ngs, JR.
> You're desperate for affirmation of your herd decision, Jolly Roger.

Show this gloating, Arlen.

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<krksb2F7vorU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15474&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15474

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months
Date: 15 Nov 2023 21:42:59 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 21:42 UTC

On 2023-11-15, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-11-15 02:21, Wally J wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>>
>>> The lady doth protest too much
>>
>> Why do you think you iKooks gloat over Apple profits, Jolly Roger?
>> Nobody normal does that.
>>
>> Think about it. Why doesn't anyone on Android ngs gloat over Google
>> or Samsung profits?
>>
>> This gloating over the mothership only happens on the Apple ngs, JR.
>> You're desperate for affirmation of your herd decision, Jolly Roger.
>
> Show this gloating, Arlen.

He's just desperately trying to deflect from the fact that his little
troll gang constantly gloats over any potential negative Apple news
here, like these recent trolls:

POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design
incompetence is at the fore?
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/vjw95SMsIz4>

Apple iOS 17.0.3 update will reduce performance of the defective iPhone
15 - Apple is cleverly working on the wording as we speak
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/OjA_E8rQNs8>

Apple's clever lies are already spewing forth - regarding the defective
iPhone 15 overheating
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ELj_efv2KPM>

This is what happens to you when you're dumb enough to buy an iPhone -
let alone a RED iPhone
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/HUMpF7d8RGA>

They are so enraged with irrational hate that they even scrabble with
each other - they should really get a room and leave the rest of us out
of their little bitch boy slapping contests:

How fantastically stupid can Steve Scharf and Frank Slootweg possibly be?
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/dgBHL2x0bAE>

Re: Why do Steve Scharf & Frank Slootweg whine like baby girls because
they can't figure out how to search Usenet posts?
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/aawZBmPId_M>

Arlen and his little gang of troll boi gang *live* to troll. It's all
they do here. And when anyone confronts them about it or posts something
that shows Apple in a good light, they are instantly triggered and
attack. They are quite literally a bunch of school yard bullies with
school yard mentalities.

JR

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<uj3smm$3s2jq$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15475&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15475

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
_satellite_SOS_after_only_ten_months
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 21:53:25 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 01:53 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> He's just desperately trying to deflect from the fact that his little
> troll gang constantly gloats over any potential negative Apple news
> here, like these recent trolls...

Hi Jolly Roger,
I love when you post because I learn from you given you're a typical Apple
user, where it's clear you consider news about Apple to be "negative" news.

You and Alan Baker & Alan Browne only want to hear Apple advertisements.

> And when anyone confronts them about it or posts something
> that shows Apple in a good light, they are instantly triggered and
> attack. They are quite literally a bunch of school yard bullies with
> school yard mentalities.

I am an intelligent well-informed logically sensible adult, Jolly Roger.

You're welcome to try to convince me that somehow I'm supposed to care that
Qualcomm made this business decision that hasn't worked out for them.

Please explain your point of view, Jolly Roger, given I'm on record for
saying that both Apple & Qualcomm were doing it as a marketing gimmick.

Given that logical assessment that it's a marketing gimmick from the start,
how exactly is this Qualcomm business decision supposed to affect us?

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<krlgu9Fc4tnU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15476&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15476

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months
Date: 16 Nov 2023 03:34:33 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 03:34 UTC

On 2023-11-16, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> He's just desperately trying to deflect from the fact that his little
>> troll gang constantly gloats over any potential negative Apple news
>> here, like these recent trolls...
>
> You're welcome to try to convince me that somehow I'm supposed to care
> that Qualcomm blah blah blah

Says the troll who is so triggered by this that you are spending your
entire day slinging insults right in this thread. Arlen has *zero* self
awareness. 🤣

JR

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<uj43pl$3se2g$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15477&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15477

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
_satellite_SOS_after_only_ten_months
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:54:28 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 03:54 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Says the troll who is so triggered by this that you are spending your
> entire day slinging insults right in this thread.

I'm trying to ask you an adult question which you are refusing to answer.

Since both Apple & Qualcomm failed at getting anyone to _pay_ for it,
why do you think we are to care that a mere gimmick is failing both?
--
REFERENCE FOR APPLE NOT BEING ABLE TO GET ANYONE TO PAY FOR IT EITHER:
https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/15/23962214/apple-emergency-sos-satellite-free-extra-year-iphone-14

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<krliskFcjpcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15478&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15478

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months
Date: 16 Nov 2023 04:07:48 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 04:07 UTC

On 2023-11-16, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Says the troll who is so triggered by this that you are spending your
>> entire day slinging insults right in this thread.
>
> why do you think we are to care
> a mere gimmick

May you forever stay hopelessly triggered, Arlen. 🙂

JR

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<uj45s6$3sikc$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15479&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15479

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
_satellite_SOS_after_only_ten_months
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 22:29:58 -0600
References: <krim2bFmhk6U1@mid.individual.net> <uj192b$3jcj0$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kripv9Fnap4U1@mid.individual.net> <uj1fb5$3jm68$1@paganini.bofh.team> <krj05cFoil1U1@mid.individual.net> <uj263u$3kqhk$1@paganini.bofh.team> <uj2u31$1qsid$1@dont-email.me> <krksb2F7vorU2@mid.individual.net> <uj3smm$3s2jq$1@paganini.bofh.team> <krlgu9Fc4tnU2@mid.individual.net> <uj43pl$3se2g$1@paganini.bofh.team> <krliskFcjpcU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Wally J - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 04:29 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> May you forever stay hopelessly triggered

QUESTION:
Since both Apple & Qualcomm failed at getting anyone to _pay_ for it,
why do you think we should care that a mere gimmick is failing both?

Notice how _afraid_ you are of the simple question, Jolly Roger.

Do you know why that simple question makes you so fearful, JR?
I do.

REFERENCES:
<https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/11/apple-extends-emergency-sos-via-satellite-for-an-additional-free-year/>
<https://gizmodo.com/apple-iphone-14-emergency-sos-satellite-1851025810>
<https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/15/23962214/apple-emergency-sos-satellite-free-extra-year-iphone-14>
<https://www.pcmag.com/news/iphone-14-owners-get-another-year-of-free-emergency-sos-access>
<https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-grants-some-iphone-14-users-an-extra-year-of-emergency-sos-via-satellite-for-free/>
<https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/11/15/iphone-14-users-will-get-another-year-of-emergency-sos-via-satellite-for-free>
<https://techcrunch.com/2023/11/15/iphone-14-users-get-an-additional-free-year-of-apples-emergency-sos-via-satellite-feature/>
<https://www.engadget.com/apple-extends-free-emergency-sos-satellite-access-for-existing-iphone-14-owners-183256442.html>
<https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-14-users-are-getting-an-extra-year-of-satellite-features-for-free-but-not-iphone-15-owners>
<https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/15/23962214/apple-emergency-sos-satellite-free-extra-year-iphone-14>
etc.

Re: Qualcomm incompetence kills its copy of Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months

<krms0oFn14lU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15480&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15480

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Apple’s satellite SOS after only ten months
Date: 16 Nov 2023 15:49:44 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 15:49 UTC

On 2023-11-16, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> May you forever stay hopelessly triggered
>
> why do you think we should care

You care because of your hatred of all things Apple - not that you'll
ever admit or acknowledge it. 🙂

> Notice how _afraid_ you are

Projection. You are so consumed by fear that you are *still* here
crying about it. 🤣 By all means, continue. It's entertaining!

JR