Subject: Re: Z80 8080 compiler for rsx11m
From: Scott Dorsey
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 21:59 UTC
From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Date: 15 Mar 2021 21:59:24 -0000
View all headers
joe....@southerncontrols.com <joe.meyer@southerncontrols.com> wrote:
I know it use to exist beacuse i used it years ago but i need a 8080/ z80 assembler to run on rsx11m . does anyone remember the company or know where i can get a copy?

Everybody and his brother had an 8080 compiler written in Fortran including
one from Intel.  I don't know if the http://z80.intel people have the original
Intel one or not.

Here is one that Fred Parmenter wrote.  I got this from the Micro User's
Group at Georgia Tech where we had it running on a Pr1me.
http://www.panix.com/~kludge/intel.tar
I don't see why this wouldn't build on RSX.  Don't ask me for support on
it, though.
--scott

Subject: Re: VAX 11/780 system for sale
From: Rich Alderson
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 22:22 UTC
From: new...@alderson.users.panix.com (Rich Alderson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Date: 06 May 2021 18:22:30 -0400
Sender: alderson+news@panix5.panix.com
View all headers
Maggie Ambrose <maggie.ambrose1@gmail.com> writes:

On Tuesday, June 15, 1993 at 2:36:30 PM UTC-4, Mark Bartelt wrote:
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maggie,

Do you realize that you responded to a post which is almost 30 years old?

[ Bill Jensen ]
| If you have a serious interest in this hardware, or know someone who
| would, please contact Brian Gunn at (301) 317-7309.
[ Charlie Byrne ]
| Every July 4th, the Pompano Beach Fishing Rodeo, Inc. in Broward County,
| Florida sinks a huge boat as part of their artificial reef program. They
| can be reached via (305) 555-1212.
[ Tom Testagrossa ]
| Well, as one who worked on lots of older equipment for a long time
| I know that that's not a viable alternative...most of them aren't
| even good boat anchors...they might float intermittently!
Wouldn't the likelihood of that depend on whether the system came equipped
with the optional FPA?
Mark Bartelt 416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for ma...@cita.toronto.edu
Theoretical Astrophysics ma...@cita.utoronto.ca
"Clothes not busy being worn are busy drying." - Dylan, on laundry day
[ singing "It's all right, ma (I'm only bleaching)" ]

Hello! I am looking for a functioning or non-functioning VAX 11/780. I would be most grateful if anyone could reach out with information on where to find one!

Very best,

--
Rich Alderson   news@alderson.users.panix.com
      Audendum est, et veritas investiganda; quam etiamsi non assequamur,

From: Scott Dorsey
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 22:52 UTC
From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Date: 6 May 2021 22:52:26 -0000
View all headers
Rich Alderson  <news@alderson.users.panix.com> wrote:
Maggie Ambrose <maggie.ambrose1@gmail.com> writes:

On Tuesday, June 15, 1993 at 2:36:30 PM UTC-4, Mark Bartelt wrote:
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maggie,

Do you realize that you responded to a post which is almost 30 years old?

Thirty years ago I could have given you an 11/780.  It has since gone to
the recyclers.
--scott

From: Louis Williams
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec