"I go on working for the same reason a hen goes on laying eggs." -- H. L. Mencken

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

SubjectAuthor
* Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in histoWally J
+* Arlen's Mania (was: Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone isvallor
|`* Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in hWally J
| +- Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secureAlan
| `* Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least securevallor
|  +- Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in hWally J
|  `* Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in hMr Ön!on
|   `- Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in hWally J
+- Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secureThomas E.
`- Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secureThomas E.

1
Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<ujkbbi$1hsfj$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15560&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15560

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 03:41:38 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 07:41 UTC

Good news given iOS is the buggiest smartphone OS in history is that for
once, Apple is testing a release _before_ they ship it to customers!

*Apple is testing the upcoming iOS 17.1.2 update before releasing is*
<https://www.macworld.com/article/2148463/ios-17-1-2-update-bug-fixes-security-updates.html>

Fancy that!

Given iOS has three times the zero-day holes and ten times the exploits,
maybe Apple is finally getting the message to test before they release.
--
Never forget Apple sells iPhones just as Big Tobacco sold Virginia Slims.
You're told to "feel courageous" because you don't care that it's crippled.

Arlen's Mania (was: Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history)

<ujlkr3$1efge$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15561&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15561

From: val...@cultnix.org (vallor)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Arlen's Mania (was: Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is
the least secure smartphone in history)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:29:39 -0000 (UTC)
XL'`91kd%N::LG:=*\35JS0prp\VJN^<s"b#bff@fA7]5lJA.jn,x_d%Md$,{.EZ
 by: vallor - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:29 UTC

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 03:41:38 -0400, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam>
wrote in <ujkbbi$1hsfj$1@paganini.bofh.team>:

> Good news given iOS is the buggiest smartphone OS in history is that for
> once, Apple is testing a release _before_ they ship it to customers!
>
> *Apple is testing the upcoming iOS 17.1.2 update before releasing is*
> <https://www.macworld.com/article/2148463/ios-17-1-2-update-bug-fixes-
security-updates.html>

> Fancy that!
>
> Given iOS has three times the zero-day holes and ten times the exploits,
> maybe Apple is finally getting the message to test before they release.

Are you asserting that they did not previously test before release?

--
-v

Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<ujlnsj$1k4gu$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15562&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15562

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:21:40 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 20:21 UTC

vallor <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote

> Are you asserting that they did not previously test before release?

Google proved Appel has never even once tested important components of iOS
code, "vallor" but my statement wasn't that "all" iOS isn't tested.

The facts are that iOS isn't _sufficiently_ tested, which is different.

You're not understanding a word that was said, as nobody ever said what you
think they said (so go back & take reading comprehension 101 again please).

The fact iOS is always so chock full of zero-day holes isn't a result of no
testing whatsoever, but of the lack of _sufficient_ testing, "vallor".

There is no doubt in anyone's mind who is reasonable of that simple fact.

It's not "my assertion", as even the head of Engineering at Apple said that
(rather clearly, in an internal email which we discussed here many times).

QA Engineers who left the company said it (we discussed this in gory
detail) and even Google proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are
huge portions of Apple's iOS code that couldn't possibly have been tested.

These are facts.
Facts you are probably ignorant of.
But facts nonetheless.

Yes, I know your trick - which is to claim all facts - even ones we've
discussed in gory detail on this very newsgroup - aren't facts - simply
because, like Alan Baker, Alan Browne & Jolly Roger, you _refuse_ to read
any reliable reports from the likes of Google - who - let's be clear,
ripped Apple's QA testing to shreds _proving_ the code was _never_ tested).

*Google proved beyond any doubt the iOS code had _never_ been tested!*
*Even Apple didn't claim Google was wrong.*
*Apple knew that Google was correct.*

Apple didn't even lie their way out of those facts that Google proved.
It's important to note Apple merely asked Google to be nicer about it.

The fact is Apple's iOS code has never been tested even once, at least the
code that Google reported on (which was an extremely extensive report).

This we've discussed so many times that for you to be still ignorant of the
facts reeks of what the iKooks always are, "vallor". Completely ignorant.

Apple has never sufficiently tested any iOS release before shipping it out.
That's why iOS is the least secure smartphone OS in history, "vallor".

It's full of holes - three times more than Android in terms of zero days.
And due to the primitive release mechanism, it's exploited ten times more.
<https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>

There are so many facts proving Apple has never sufficiently tested any iOS
release is evident in so many obvious well-published ways, that it's clear.

For just one (of extremely many examples), a mere child found horrible bugs
in Facetime where many wondered what was taking Apple so long for a fix.

I knew why.
I even said, well before the fix, why.

HINT: Apple had _never_ even once fully tested FaceTime before shipping it.

DOUBLEHINT: When they finally did look at it, they found so many holes,
that it took them a long time to finally release it again - with the fixes.

We covered this in gory detail so your ignorance of Apple's well known lack
of testing is something you need to fix as your ignorance can be cured.

That's just one of many proven examples, by the way, which we discussed
here so run a search yourself before denying the well documented fact that
Apple has _never_ sufficiently tasted any iOS release before shipping it.

Start here (and don't play the child's game that it's a Usenet post because
that's a game the IQ-40 moron Alan Baker loves to play because he's never
clicked in the links to see _every thread_ contains the documented URLs.)
<http://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone>
--
Search for keywords like "Apple has never sufficiently tested" please.
Or search for "Yet again" as Apple's history shows lack of QA testing.

Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<ujlt83$1gdqh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15565&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15565

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure
smartphone in history
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 13:53:07 -0800
 by: Alan - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 21:53 UTC

On 2023-11-22 12:21, Wally J wrote:
> vallor <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote
>
>> Are you asserting that they did not previously test before release?
>
> Google proved Appel has never even once tested important components of iOS
> code, "vallor" but my statement wasn't that "all" iOS isn't tested.

Google didn't ever proved that.

And, I can see why you clipped this from your reply:

"for once, Apple is testing a release _before_ they ship it to customers!"

There's no ambiguity there.

That is a clear statement that up until this point, you're claiming
Apple didn't test iOS.

Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<6030b576-121b-46a3-b48f-3f074311aa11n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15581&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15581

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:14:44 -0800 (PST)
smartphone in history
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 03:14 UTC

On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 2:41:45 AM UTC-5, Wally J wrote:
> Good news given iOS is the buggiest smartphone OS in history is that for
> once, Apple is testing a release _before_ they ship it to customers!
>
> *Apple is testing the upcoming iOS 17.1.2 update before releasing is*
> <https://www.macworld.com/article/2148463/ios-17-1-2-update-bug-fixes-security-updates.html>
>
> Fancy that!
>
> Given iOS has three times the zero-day holes and ten times the exploits,
> maybe Apple is finally getting the message to test before they release.
> --
> Never forget Apple sells iPhones just as Big Tobacco sold Virginia Slims.
> You're told to "feel courageous" because you don't care that it's crippled.

Please cite cases where iPhone has been used to exploit users. BTW, my Windows computer recently delivered a phishing email that I bit on and had to replace a credit card.

Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<ujml04$1n9ea$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15586&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15586

From: val...@cultnix.org (vallor)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
smartphone in history
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:38:28 -0000 (UTC)
XL'`91kd%N::LG:=*\35JS0prp\VJN^<s"b#bff@fA7]5lJA.jn,x_d%Md$,{.EZ
 by: vallor - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:38 UTC

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:21:40 -0400, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam>
wrote in <ujlnsj$1k4gu$1@paganini.bofh.team>:

> [...]
> it.
>
> DOUBLEHINT: When they finally did look at it, they found so many holes,
> that it took them a long time to finally release it again - with the
> fixes.
>
> We covered this in gory detail so your ignorance of Apple's well known
> lack of testing is something you need to fix as your ignorance can be
> cured.
>
> That's just one of many proven examples, by the way, which we discussed
> here so run a search yourself before denying the well documented fact
> that Apple has _never_ sufficiently tasted any iOS release before
> shipping it.
>
> Start here (and don't play the child's game that it's a Usenet post
> because that's a game the IQ-40 moron Alan Baker loves to play because
> he's never clicked in the links to see _every thread_ contains the

I think you should repeat yourself three or four times more,
that will help with your ad nauseum argument.

Meanwhile, I don't believe you.

And I use Android and Linux, so you can take your snooty "yer an
ikook!" crap and cram it.

--
-v

Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<ujmmak$1q8kl$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15587&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15587

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 01:01:08 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 05:01 UTC

vallor <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote

> Meanwhile, I don't believe you.

That you don't believe in facts is typical for the child-like Apple ngs.
*You _hate_ all facts about Apple products, vallor*

Don't worry. It's common on this newsgroup to hate all facts that you're
completely ignorant of - which - let's be clear - is almost all facts.

Worse... you _hate_ that everything I said was a well-documented fact where
your only (child-like) defense is to claim that no facts can exist if
you're ignorant of those facts (given you're ignorant of all the facts).

Fancy that...

This is typical behavior for iKooks, "vallor", so I'm not surprised that
your entire belief system is purely imaginary - and not based on facts.

Facts such as these don't enter into your imaginary belief system, vallor.
*Homeland Security: Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency*
https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog

Do you know why the iPhone is exploited ten time more than Android is?
I do.
--
The problem with iKooks is not so much that they have a low IQ or that
they're ignorant and uneducated - but that they are all religious zealots.

Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<1qknd2a.y94im9lm6aiaN%onion@anon.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15609&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15609

Followup: alt.dev.null
From: oni...@anon.invalid (Mr Ön!on)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 11:56:11 +0000
 by: Mr Ön!on - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 11:56 UTC

vallor <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote:

[...]

> I think you should repeat yourself three or four times more,
> that will help with your ad nauseum argument.
>
> Meanwhile, I don't believe you.

[...]

Is that Arlen you're talking to? Good luck with that.

[fu2: bit-bucket]

--
\|/
(((Ï))) - Mr Ön!on

Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<ujo34d$1setn$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15610&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15610

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:45:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 17:45 UTC

Mr �n!on <onion@anon.invalid> wrote

> Good luck with that.

For the actual adults on this child-like Apple newsgroup...

1. Google proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Apple has never tested
the code that had a series of horrid zero-day holes in it.

That's just a fact.
Even Apple didn't deny that fact.

HINT: Apple couldn't deny that fact because Google went into
great detail saying Apple's QA was "non existent".
Apple simply asked Google to be nicer about it next time.
Essentially, Apple has QA. It just sucks (by all accounts).

We covered this in gory detail on this newsgroup.
So nobody sensible could or would deny it.

2. The iKooks deny it. The iKooks deny all facts. Huh?

Here's the adult question to ask...
Q: *Why would the iKooks deny all such well-known obvious facts*
*that bad actors exploit holes in iOS code that isn't tested?*

Do you know why?
I do.
--
The iKooks own a completely imaginary belief system (which means all facts
are the most dangerous thing to them, as is anyone who bears those facts).

Re: Good news on iOS 17.1.2 given the iPhone is the least secure smartphone in history

<f1e71257-d0aa-48bd-aa6e-0e39ffde33bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15690&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15690

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:07:04 -0800 (PST)
smartphone in history
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 22:07 UTC

On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 2:41:45 AM UTC-5, Wally J wrote:
> Good news given iOS is the buggiest smartphone OS in history is that for
> once, Apple is testing a release _before_ they ship it to customers!
>
> *Apple is testing the upcoming iOS 17.1.2 update before releasing is*
> <https://www.macworld.com/article/2148463/ios-17-1-2-update-bug-fixes-security-updates.html>
>
> Fancy that!
>
> Given iOS has three times the zero-day holes and ten times the exploits,
> maybe Apple is finally getting the message to test before they release.
> --
> Never forget Apple sells iPhones just as Big Tobacco sold Virginia Slims.
> You're told to "feel courageous" because you don't care that it's crippled.

Please supply unbiased third citations for this 0-day exploits claim.