Subject: Re: perpetual-compression
From: Fibonacci Code
Newsgroups: comp.compression
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 14:18 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.compression
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 06:18:52 -0800 (PST)
From: angli...@gmail.com (Fibonacci Code)
Neural networks running thru a set of random data will never able to adapt to all data.
Further, you need to keep the neural network smaller than the output  + the errors.

So, I could only say I admire your persistency, but only hope if you could use it in a better way, then stuck in perpetual compression.

Regards,
Raymond

From: Fibonacci Code
Newsgroups: comp.compression
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 14:19 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.compression
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 06:19:43 -0800 (PST)

From: danceswi...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compression
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 18:19 UTC
Newsgroups: comp.compression
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 11:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: danceswi...@gmail.com
View all headers
On Monday, July 8, 2002 at 1:11:38 PM UTC-6, Jules Gilbert wrote:
Hello folks:

I have decided to sell my 'random' compressors.

This is what I mean when I use the word 'random' or
'random-appearing'.

1)  My compressor technology ONLY compress'es random-appearing-data.
It is not able to reduce the filesize of files containing information
that can be compressed using conventional compressors', say or ARJ or
GZIP.

(While one can XOR the input of say, a text file, and that will enable
the material to be compressed, it is much better to first compress
such a file with a good quality compressor, say an ARJ compressor or
other high quality CONVENTIONAL compressor.)  After all, XOR'ing does
not reduce filesize.  Compression, even conventional compression,
does!

2)  Only buffer's of substantial size can be compressed.  The amount
of computer time required to compress smaller files, say 64k, is so
high so as to make the effort impractical.

3)  As the program exists today, it accepts one or more buffers of 8MB
of previously compressed data and produces smaller buffers as output.
It does not seem terribly difficult to me for the method to be
extended to handle ordinary files.  In fact, I do this now (not well,
though).

For various reasons, I am interested in restricting the use of my
products (now only one program) to the United States.  Further, I am
not enamored of the patenting process -- it is really a mechanism for
managing information disclosure, and very little protection is
provided from really bad people -- people I would not do business with
in any case.  So I am offering to license my program by means of trade
secret ONLY.

My program is suited for use with data that is written once and read
many times, such as movies or other entertainment data, etc.  It is
probably not suitable for data that is written once and read only
several times unless space is a critical problem constraint.

Our demonstrating process involves two machines, not connected by wire
or other means.  Compression occurs on one machine, the results are
transferred by floppy and the result is de-compressed on another
machine.  These machines can be inspected by a technician, they are
ordinary PC's running FreeBSD.

If you represent commercial interests, please contact me to learn
more.

Sincerely,
Jules Gilbert

Using the randbetween function in excel produced the target of 1 million "random" integers between 0 - 9, I then ran the stream through a transform, copied the results and pasted them into word to remove spaces and carriage returns and any punctuation's. I then copied it into word pad, saved the file and compressed it using .rar The file compressed down to 246,040 KB. Thinking there was an error I un zipped and restored it without errors, reversed the transform to its original state.

I am not a programmer but worked on this project with a co-worker Kelly D. Crawford Ph.D for eight years day and night. He passed away weeks before it could be finished. I finished, and this was the result. I would like to give him and his family any posthumous credit but I am left thinking this could be an error considering the various steps.