From: the.doc...@QBBS.remove-82d-this (the doctor)
Subject: BBSlist
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:13:00 +0000
 by: the doctor - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:13 UTC

To: MRO
>--- MRO wrote ---
> Re: BBSlist
>
> i have an info form and sometimes they do that.
> sometimes they just find it randomly on a google search.
>
> i've had a few crazies so i try not to advertise anymore. like some real
> bad ones.
> ---
> ? Synchronet ? ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

You get psycho fans? I'm jealous!! I used to get those back in the day.

There was this guy, Chiken (no relation to e-chicken) named Eric Barbour
who worked for 911 emergency in Phoenix, and used that information to
harass people. He wrote a short story in which I am depicted.

(I mainly just have lines like "Mark mumbled, 'whuzzuh wazza <thump>'
and passed out".

He obviously knew me. The death threats aimed at my parents werent as funny.

Someone wrote a song about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrbnA0sP2ek

---
"No matter where you go, there you are..."

---
* TARDIS BBS - Home of QUARKware * telnet bbs.cortex-media.info
--- Synchronet 3.19c-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

BBSlist

<622B53A4.6358.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15612&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#15612

From: mro...@BBSESINF.remove-8qs-this (MRO)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 07:50:28 -0600
 by: MRO - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 13:50 UTC

To: the doctor
Re: BBSlist
By: the doctor to MRO on Fri Mar 11 2022 09:13 am

> >--- MRO wrote ---
> > Re: BBSlist
>
> > i have an info form and sometimes they do that.
> > sometimes they just find it randomly on a google search.
>
> > i've had a few crazies so i try not to advertise anymore. like some real
> > bad ones.
> > ---
> > ? Synchronet ? ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
> >

> You get psycho fans? I'm jealous!! I used to get those back in the day.
>
> There was this guy, Chiken (no relation to e-chicken) named Eric Barbour

well one of them got me kicked off of paypal. i ran that BBS torrent site and they made some rule that before signing up to paypal you have to 'register' with them. i wasnt hosting any files, but they didnt care and wouldnt check to verify. also i was on paypal long before these rules. i'm sure they had me click ok to a 30 page tos update but whatever. paypal sucks dick anyways.

all i would do was pay my bills with paypal and take donations for my bbs services (which i didnt like doing).

i'm not sure but it might be the same dude that would send me emails saying he was going to 'hack me' and run this scanner shit on my web that showed all these vulnerabilities. i told him to go ahead and 'hack' me. it was just a little vm that ran LAMP. he was a former bbs user who was weird.

then i've had dumb fuckers from way back go on irc. this goes back to the old bbsnet and me taking over datastream. this guy would say sexual stuff to deuce and act weird. i found out he was going on datastream and using it, and the owner died. so i took over datastream bbs.

then i've had other guys that were drama queens over doorgames. i have some of their emails saved.

then i had one guy post on my oneliners wall a website he made about me.
it was really stupid and trying to say that i took down my bbs services for various odd reasons. i wish i would have saved that url and mirrored it because it was funny.

you shouldn't be jealous of being harrassed by lame retarded people.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
--- Synchronet 3.19c-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
* Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net

BBSlist

<622BB548.46320.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15614&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#15614

From: digital....@vert.synchro.net.remove-6ve-this (Digital Man)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 12:47:04 -0800
 by: Digital Man - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:47 UTC

To: the doctor
Re: BBSlist
By: the doctor to MRO on Fri Mar 11 2022 09:13 am

> >--- MRO wrote ---
> > Re: BBSlist
>
> > i have an info form and sometimes they do that.
> > sometimes they just find it randomly on a google search.
>
> > i've had a few crazies so i try not to advertise anymore. like some real
> > bad ones.
> > ---
> > ? Synchronet ? ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
> >
> You get psycho fans? I'm jealous!! I used to get those back in the day.
>
> There was this guy, Chiken (no relation to e-chicken) named Eric Barbour
> who worked for 911 emergency in Phoenix, and used that information to
> harass people. He wrote a short story in which I am depicted.
>

> (I mainly just have lines like "Mark mumbled, 'whuzzuh wazza <thump>'
> and passed out".
>
> He obviously knew me. The death threats aimed at my parents werent as
> funny.
>
> Someone wrote a song about it:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrbnA0sP2ek

Interesting. Where's the short story?
--
digital man (rob)

Rush quote #1:
Danger plus survival equals fun. - Neil Peart
Norco, CA WX: 69.8°F, 9.0% humidity, 3 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs