From: nel...@EOTLBBS.remove-d12-this (Nelgin)
Subject: Re: SBBSECHO Errors since 2/27 Build
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 01:14:17 -0600
 by: Nelgin - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 07:14 UTC

On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:29:46 -0800
"Digital Man" <digital.man@VERT> wrote:

> Re: SBBSECHO Errors since 2/27 Build
> By: DesotoFireflite to Digital Man on Fri Mar 04 2022 08:34 am
>
> > DM> Also running one of those sbbsecho command-lines manually
> > DM> (from a command prompt) and then reporting the output would
> > DM> be helpful. Usually, a stale lock file indicates that it's
> > DM> crashing for some reason. No other reports of SBBSecho
> > DM> crashing lately.
> >
> > Just letting you know, as of build 3/2/22, the issue has cleared
> > up, with no more problems.
>
> Okay, good to know.
>
> > on another matter, is there a sbbsecho switch/option to
> > delete/kill a bad packet, instead of just adding .bad extension to
> > them. I looked in the wiki, but just don't see anything. Thanks in
> > Advance.
>
> No, it's not option. Deleting inbound/*.bad would be a one-line event
> or script though, if that's what you want to do.

You can use pktdump with the -split option on a bad packet and it'll
extract any good messages. I'm sure it could be scripted but I do it
manually when I spot them. At least you can salvage some messages from
a packet.
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23

Re: SBBSECHO Errors since 2/27 Build

<622E3377.34966.dove-syncdisc@valhalla.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15635&group=alt.bbs.synchronet#15635

From: desotofi...@VALHALLA.remove-3it-this (DesotoFireflite)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.synchronet
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 14:09:59 -0400
 by: DesotoFireflite - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 18:09 UTC

To: Nelgin
Re: Re: SBBSECHO Errors since 2/27 Build
By: Nelgin to All on Sun Mar 13 2022 01:14 am

Ne> On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:29:46 -0800
Ne> "Digital Man" <digital.man@VERT> wrote:

>> Re: SBBSECHO Errors since 2/27 Build
>> By: DesotoFireflite to Digital Man on Fri Mar 04 2022 08:34 am

> >> on another matter, is there a sbbsecho switch/option to
> >> delete/kill a bad packet, instead of just adding .bad extension to
> >> them. I looked in the wiki, but just don't see anything. Thanks in
> >> Advance.

>> No, it's not option. Deleting inbound/*.bad would be a one-line event
>> or script though, if that's what you want to do.

Ne> You can use pktdump with the -split option on a bad packet and it'll
Ne> extract any good messages. I'm sure it could be scripted but I do it
Ne> manually when I spot them. At least you can salvage some messages from
Ne> a packet.

That worked fine, I was able to save alot of them with that method. What bugs me is I should not be getting that many bad packets from my hub. I get about 4 or 5 a day. I'm just going to make an event that will process the bad ones with pktdump, and delete when done. Thanks for the info.

SysOp: C.G. Learn, AKA: DesotoFireflite
Valhalla Home Services! - (Synchronet) - bbs.valhallabbs.com
Valhalla II! - (GAP) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:24
Valhalla III! - (RemoteAccess) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:5023
Valhalla IIII! - (Dungeons & Dragons BBS) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:26
Valhalla Home Services Web! - http://bbs.valhallabbs.com
A Gamers Paradise - Over 150 Registered Online Game Doors!
Home Of Odin's Maze Game Server!

--- FART(n): An audio test of one's waste-disposal system.
■ Synchronet ■ Valhalla Home Services ■ USA ■ http://valhalla.synchro.net