Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 11:17:59 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nop...@nospam.com (John)
Subject: Apple To Discontinue 5G Modem Development
 by: John - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 19:17 UTC

If this turns out to be true then it is great news. iPhone then will
continue to use superior Qualcomm technology - which Apple was foolish
to try and replace. So far the story is unconfirmed.

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/11/29/apple-5g-modem-discontinued-reports/

So hoping it is true because I do not want an inferior iPhone in future
years.

Re: Apple To Discontinue 5G Modem Development

<l2WdnaZEh4xzOPr4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15679&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15679

From: non...@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Apple To Discontinue 5G Modem Development
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 20:58:22 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 20:58 UTC

On Nov 29, 2023 at 2:17:59 PM EST, "John" <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:

> If this turns out to be true then it is great news. iPhone then will
> continue to use superior Qualcomm technology - which Apple was foolish
> to try and replace. So far the story is unconfirmed.
>
> https://www.macrumors.com/2023/11/29/apple-5g-modem-discontinued-reports/
>
> So hoping it is true because I do not want an inferior iPhone in future
> years.

I can't imagine that anyone really cares about this. Samsung makes screens for
various Apple products. Should Apple be making screens also?

Apple already designs and builds the most important stuff. The SOC and all the
software. Some things are best left to the experts in those fields.

Re: Apple To Discontinue 5G Modem Development

<_R-dna84QcQnK_r4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15680&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15680

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:10:01 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nop...@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:10 UTC

On 11/29/23 12:58 PM, Tyrone wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2023 at 2:17:59 PM EST, "John" <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:
>

>> If this turns out to be true then it is great news. iPhone then will
>> continue to use superior Qualcomm technology - which Apple was foolish
>> to try and replace. So far the story is unconfirmed.
>>
>> https://www.macrumors.com/2023/11/29/apple-5g-modem-discontinued-reports/
>>
>> So hoping it is true because I do not want an inferior iPhone in future
>> years.
>
> I can't imagine that anyone really cares about this. Samsung makes screens for
> various Apple products. Should Apple be making screens also?
>
> Apple already designs and builds the most important stuff. The SOC and all the
> software. Some things are best left to the experts in those fields.

People should care. If the modem does not work properly there will be
lots of dropped calls and sluggish data. Modems are very hard to design
and it took Qualcomm years to get it right. Best to leave it up to the
experts.

Re: Apple To Discontinue 5G Modem Development

<b-ednVZf_p01Wvr4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15683&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15683

From: non...@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 23:22:16 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 23:22 UTC

On Nov 29, 2023 at 5:10:01 PM EST, "John" <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:

> On 11/29/23 12:58 PM, Tyrone wrote:
>> On Nov 29, 2023 at 2:17:59 PM EST, "John" <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>

>>> If this turns out to be true then it is great news. iPhone then will
>>> continue to use superior Qualcomm technology - which Apple was foolish
>>> to try and replace. So far the story is unconfirmed.
>>>
>>> https://www.macrumors.com/2023/11/29/apple-5g-modem-discontinued-reports/
>>>
>>> So hoping it is true because I do not want an inferior iPhone in future
>>> years.
>>
>> I can't imagine that anyone really cares about this. Samsung makes screens for
>> various Apple products. Should Apple be making screens also?
>>
>> Apple already designs and builds the most important stuff. The SOC and all the
>> software. Some things are best left to the experts in those fields.
>

> People should care. If the modem does not work properly there will be
> lots of dropped calls and sluggish data. Modems are very hard to design
> and it took Qualcomm years to get it right. Best to leave it up to the
> experts.

That's what I just said. You literally repeated my last line.

Thanks for agreeing with me.