From: arn...@vajhoej.dk (Arne Vajhøj)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: Re: a cool database... as replacement for RMS index-sequential
files:: Was: VSI working on alternatives to Oracle Classic database:
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 19:56:25 -0400
 by: Arne Vajhøj - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 23:56 UTC

On 1/20/2021 10:13 AM, gérard Calliet wrote:
> Le 20/01/2021 à 15:12, Arne Vajhøj a écrit :
>> SQLite is a cool database, but I see it more as
>> replacement for RMS index-sequential files.
> Yeah?
>
> I understand you think replacing some RMS index-sequential files by
> relational database is something not totally impossible.
>
> It is a very unusual opinion. I'd like to hear more from you about that,
> examples if you have some, etc,...
>
> It is also a *big* subject for infinite discutions like we can have
> here, I hope we'll have.

I just posted a link to some text and code examples on
the topic.

Arne

Re: a cool database... as replacement for RMS index-sequential files:: Was: VSI working on alternatives to Oracle Classic database:

<mailman.10.1626012840.12468.info-vax_rbnsn.com@rbnsn.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15832&group=comp.os.vms#15832

Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
files:: Was: VSI working on alternatives to Oracle Classic database:
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 11:13:16 -0300
To: "'comp.os.vms to email gateway'" <info-vax@rbnsn.com>
h=from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version
:content-transfer-encoding:thread-index:content-language;
bh=TFzqKYsD5JeXoh8i54jqKAufY1ZD/t1ZyD9KHVtGngM=;
b=dGpufQZDgpoCo4jvyJlB77/alO5YwlLQxqux0hWXAvmwkKehZcWw//FdgGewIn+vEj
Lr+apbiGf7lq6Vs/7zQR3TbJmAZysQ3J6Qo3nkjnN0EGM+N42N1xZWdLAwbtBjo7gXE4
8wmuiNT71m1/DxO2T8pz33dmPGQaeuNsLTS9TqwJdBPnOeWAwRskMwdWE+TrSyQ05q8R
DyE8eeeMfUD7x/Fj1rBw/Xh5sveq08S9s67DLgFvH0zIQzrSZBg62KByOba0qWX8MDF3
zRhGbpsXSwPIbK0YzTVVdWUY1e0FhNCIkSYBNiBHiD8NI9aM9zZfjIwaDG+Uv9S7sE0Q
Pexw==
d=1e100.net; s=20161025;
h=x-gm-message-state:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date
:message-id:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:thread-index
:content-language;
bh=TFzqKYsD5JeXoh8i54jqKAufY1ZD/t1ZyD9KHVtGngM=;
b=DvKX57cCquqKSsLV3Kp+N1Qf6FTW4Gljxmz/obIboNAEdLSV4zRk0v1GzcsP8P/Rc4
envkKhWZb4AdRfhnhOmoRhrDJcHoZ1mglxWZp9c3kc8FViiHGGtuJCL5GVJPDvzZDMTD
cIPf3NrxQx8sZOiwq3yOxF0Vb0TspWFEj0gdE1OUnqt4SVFy8wCfE8GI7RwGmR83u7IY
OusJBPWwtyb6jn2QYXZ/oj6SG49+bMgK9X/UIjDqRdW6LwOox844fJngJ4h1dT53bauV
6h5mue7X/Snzl2OFyDwHm7TTHTKA5yj4xzLaFzJjonaOfNq4nRbNVh1n9rzs5QNO/LX6
4BNw==
running on the system "kishost2.serverpowered.net",
has NOT identified this incoming email as spam. The original
message has been attached to this so you can view it or label
similar future email. If you have any questions, see
root\@localhost for details. Content preview: >
Content analysis details: (2.8 points, 5.0 required)
pts rule name description
3.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
[score: 0.5000]
0.0 FREEMAIL_FROM Sender email is commonly abused enduser mail
provider [kemain.nospam[at]gmail.com]
-0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
valid
-0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature from
author's domain
-0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature
-0.1 DKIM_VALID_EF Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature from
envelope-from domain
 by: - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:13 UTC

As a general fyi, stay tuned for another database and host integration
technology options for OpenVMS.

- SharkSQL - 100% cluster compliant database, full ACID properties support,
OpenVMS is reference platform, later releases will include Windows, Windows
- CSQL - host program integration, combines C and SQL specification
- STR - service and transaction router, provides capability to address
requirement where services must find the way to the server where the initial
request processed has been processed and the execution state is stored

Documentation is in the process of being updated, but here is a previous
OpenVMS bootcamp presentation.
http://www.sharksql.com/DOCUMENTATION/SharkSQL%20Bootcamp%202017.pdf

Expect to hear more on the beta release this Sept-Oct timeframe.

Regards,

Kerry Main
Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com

https://www.avg.com