From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:20:07 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:20 UTC

Apparently there's a new Dead Island or something coming out. Anyway,
the publishers are giving away an older game from the franchise in
celebration.

* Dead Island Riptide: Definitive Edition
https://store.steampowered.com/app/383180/Dead_Island_Riptide_Definitive_Edition/
"Dead Island" was probably most famous for its awesome -
and misleading - trailer, which was both interesting and
poignant. The gameplay itself was fairly humdrum, marred
by unexciting monsters, weapons that broke too quickly, and
just a lot of tedious faffing about. "Riptide", the stand-
alone expansion, wasn't any better; it was a completely
forgettable mission pack. I doubt this 'definitive edition'
will change things up enough to make it worth playing... but
The Number wants what The Number wants, so I've added it
to my library. Will you?

You have until the 15th to decide. Don't disappoint The Number.

;-)

Re: FREE GAME: Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition

<QWidneaTaZyWVVb4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15857&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#15857

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:50:35 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:50 UTC

Thanks.

--
"[The Lord declares,] 'Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.'" --Joel 2:13! :) <3's Day eve & (L/C)NY (wood dragon).
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAME: Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition

<aj3qsilfnpnikf4icssee98sctfcooe9s8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15877&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#15877

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:06:53 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 19:06 UTC

On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:20:07 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>You have until the 15th to decide. Don't disappoint The Number.
>
>;-)

There is nothing to decide. If it is free, The Number is going up.
That is all there is to it. :-P

Seriously though, thank you Spalls.