From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Arlen really is clueless: (was Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system is updated
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 00:48:30 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 23:48 UTC

Chris wrote:

> It's not about size, but size does tell you that there are delta updates
> which is contrary to Arlen's assertion.

The iKooks are much like flat earthers who can't imagine that iOS is
monolithic - they're _desperate_ to claim that it's not what it is.

*Why Apple should provide standalone updates for native iOS apps*
9to5mac, Jan. 21st 2022
<https://9to5mac.com/2022/01/21/heres-why-apple-should-provide-standalone-updates-for-native-ios-apps/>

"the company sometimes fails to deliver bug fixes and security
improvements as quickly as possible to its users because
*it needs to update the entire system to fix those things*.
It's past time for Apple to offer standalone updates
for native iOS apps."

The reason I'm (almost) never wrong, Chris, is because I'm not stupid.
You? You are stupid. All iKooks have a low IQ. And no education.

"If there were a way to update the native iOS apps separately,
iPhone and iPad users could already download the latest version
of Safari that is not vulnerable to the bug."

All you iKooks are incredibly stupid.
I've never _met_ people in my life as stupid as you iKooks are, in fact.

You're _desperate_ to believe in a fantasy world, Chris.
You don't own the IQ to NOT believe in a fantasy world, Chris.

And Apple is perfectly happy to feed you whatever it is you want to believe.

Why are iKooks like Chris so _desperate_ to claim iOS isn't what it is?
I don't know why.

I suspect these iKooks don't have the IQ to even understand what iOS is.
They can only comprehend advertising on the Apple main web site.

>> For iOS, if you need even a _single line of code_ to be updated, the
>> _entire_ operating system has to be rebuilt back at the Apple factory.
>
> He's been banging on about this for years.

Because it's a fact, Chris.
*Apple's native apps need to finally break free from iOS updates*
By David Price, Editor, Macworld, JUN 28, 2022
<https://www.macworld.com/article/796615/standalone-native-app-updates-ios.html>

I know you hate all facts about Apple.
But the fact you hate all facts about Apple doesn't change the facts.

*Apple Needs to Change How the iPhone Updates* Jul 26, 2021
�<https://debugger.medium.com/apple-needs-to-change-how-the-iphone-updates-6c4b1659c740>

> It's demonstrably wrong.

And yet, all the references prove me right.
*What Are the Key Differences Between Cisco IOS and IOS-XE?*
<https://www.packetcoders.io/what-are-the-key-differences-between-cisco-ios-and-ios-xe/>

"*the entire IOS has to be upgraded, rather than individual components*
resulting in disruption to the entire system
(unless you have the expensive dual-supervisor hardware)."

You claim to have a doctorate, Chris... and yet you can't find even
a _single_ reference that backs up your strongly held claims. Why not?

Why is it that every fact I claim is easily backed up in the references.
And you can't find a single reference backing up your claims, Chris?
--
If you're going to say all facts you don't like about Apple are wrong,
(much like flat earthers do about our geoid) at least provide a URL