Newsgroups: comp.mail.mutt
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 14:41:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Getting Past No Pdf
From: michaelz...@gmail.com (Maryln Danuser)
 by: Maryln Danuser - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:41 UTC

How to Negotiate in Difficult Situations: A Review of Getting Past No by William Ury
Negotiation is a skill that we all need in our personal and professional lives. Whether we are dealing with a stubborn boss, a demanding client, or a hostile spouse, we often face situations where we need to persuade others to cooperate with us. But how can we do that when they seem to be unreasonable, unyielding, or even aggressive?

Getting past no pdf
DOWNLOAD https://cinurl.com/2wGw6P

In his book Getting Past No: Negotiating in Difficult Situations, William Ury of Harvard Law School's Program on Negotiation offers a proven breakthrough strategy for turning adversaries into negotiating partners. He shows us how to overcome the five common obstacles that prevent us from getting what we want:

Their emotion: How to stay calm and defuse their anger.
Their position: How to reframe the problem and focus on interests.
Their distrust: How to create rapport and build trust.
Their power: How to balance power and make them feel heard.
Their strategy: How to counter their dirty tricks and tactics.

Ury also provides practical tips and examples on how to apply his method in various scenarios, such as negotiating with a boss, a customer, a supplier, a colleague, a family member, or even a stranger. He also explains how to prepare for a negotiation, how to communicate effectively, how to listen actively, how to ask powerful questions, how to use silence, how to make concessions, how to close the deal, and how to follow up.

Getting Past No is the state-of-the-art book on negotiation for the twenty-first century. It will help you deal with tough times, tough people, and tough negotiations. You don't have to get mad or get even. Instead, you can get what you want by getting past no.

The author of Getting Past No, William Ury, is a renowned expert on negotiation and conflict resolution. He co-founded Harvard's Program on Negotiation, where he currently directs the Global Negotiation Initiative. He is also the co-author (with Roger Fisher) of Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In, a five-million-copy bestseller translated into over twenty languages.

In this book, Ury draws on his extensive experience as a mediator, consultant, and teacher to share his insights and techniques for dealing with difficult people and situations. He shows us how to use the power of positive no, how to break through impasse, how to prevent escalation, how to cope with cultural differences, and how to negotiate online. He also offers advice on how to negotiate for a cause, how to negotiate with yourself, and how to negotiate for peace.

Getting Past No is a must-read for anyone who wants to improve their negotiation skills and achieve better outcomes in their personal and professional relationships. It is a practical guide that teaches us how to turn conflict into cooperation, resistance into agreement, and breakdown into breakthrough.
35727fac0c

computers / comp.mail.mutt / Getting Past No Pdf