Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 08:27:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: $100.00 (or more) Reward for a Computer Program Produced by Program Synthesis
From: shymath...@gmail.com (Charlie-Boo)
 by: Charlie-Boo - Sun, 23 May 2021 15:27 UTC

I have been looking for a Computer Program produced by Program Synthesis - a general method (algorithm) for translating a specification into a program - for many years. It will save me a ton of time if someone can produce one.

I will pay $100.00 (or more) for such a program provided that the method was not published (made publicly available) by me.

General means:
1. Not "domain specific". That is just a general program with input parameters for a special case to produce things like forms and simple reports.
2. Not a finite database program e.g. Prologue. That is just a table processor. It has to use mathematical functions.
3. The specification is not an executable program itself. It states what is wanted and not how to do it. Thus it might be able to specify deciding a non-recursive relation and thus the system says it cannot create a program for the specification.

Example:
Decide if a number is prime.
List the factors of a given number.
List all prime numbers less than a given number.

If you'd like, we can make it a Freelancer.com project. I escrow the $100.00, you bid on the project, and you complete it by supplying the specification, program, general Program Synthesis algorithm, and how this algorithm produced the program. Freelancer.com personnel handle any disputes over payment.

If you want to bid more than $100 then I will consider it.
However, I consider $100.00 to be quite fair.
Any outrageous bid e.g. $10,000.00 will be considered a stunt to try to prove me wrong.

Simply tell me the formal specification to get started. (See examples above.)

C-B

devel / comp.theory / $100.00 (or more) Reward for a Computer Program Produced by Program Synthesis