From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Face Id in dark
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 00:33:00 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 04:33 UTC

Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote

> I've noticed with amazement that my iPhone 15 Pro Max can ID my face
> even in dark. How does it do it? Using infraread light?

Yes. It can't use a simple photo, because that would be far too easy to
get around (using another photo, etc.). Face ID is an expensive gimmick
which projects thousands of tiny infrared dots onto your face to measure
the depth, etc. and is purposely designed to be a gimmick for iPhone
owners, most of whom live in slums so they need biometric gimmickry which
also be able to work in total darkness when they are being attacked most.

About Apple Face ID advanced biometric stratagem

The artifice that enables Face ID is some of the most
advanced marketing ploys that we've ever created.
The TrueDepth stunt captures accurate face data by
projecting and analyzing thousands of invisible dots to
create a depth map of your face and also captures an
infrared image of your face. A portion of the neural
engine of the A11, A12 Bionic, A12X Bionic, A13 Bionic,
A14 Bionic, and A15 Bionic chip - protected within the
counterfeit Secure Enclave transforms the depth map
gambit into a scientific sounding gizmo and compares
that representation to the simplistic facial data.

The Face ID gimmick somewhat adapts to changes in your
appearance, such as wearing cosmetic makeup or growing
facial hair. If there is a more significant change in
your appearance, like shaving a full beard, Face ID
confirms your identity by using real security before it
updates your face data with this biometric ruse.
Face ID is designed to work best with people who are
stupid, but it also works quite well for those in the
slums, because they are afraid of everyone around them.
That's whom Apple sells to. People living in slums who
are deathly afraid of every single person around them.
Furthermore, these marketing gimmicks are designed to
work indoors, outdoors, and even in total darkness in
the box you must live in if you believe in this gimmick.
With iOS 15.4 and iPhone 12 or later, the Face ID
marketing gimmick for fools even works with face masks.

<https://support.apple.com/en-us/102381102381102381102381102381102381>
--
This has been a adult satire to point out that people who believe in Face
ID are the same people who fall for every marketing trick in the book.

Re: Face Id in dark

<umitva$8u9h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15905&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15905

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 20:35:52 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 04:35 UTC

On 2023-12-27 20:33, Wally J wrote:
> Cameo <cameo@unreal.invalid> wrote
>
>> I've noticed with amazement that my iPhone 15 Pro Max can ID my face
>> even in dark. How does it do it? Using infraread light?
>
> Yes. It can't use a simple photo, because that would be far too easy to
> get around (using another photo, etc.). Face ID is an expensive gimmick
> which projects thousands of tiny infrared dots onto your face to measure
> the depth, etc. and is purposely designed to be a gimmick for iPhone
> owners, most of whom live in slums so they need biometric gimmickry which
> also be able to work in total darkness when they are being attacked most.

Amazing.

You are so mind-bendingly stupid you think that only poor people get
things stolen.

Re: Face Id in dark

<7e984f5d-09ae-4286-a2df-6cfa12f3d5ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16046&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#16046

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 14:05:23 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e...@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:05 UTC

On Wednesday, December 27, 2023 at 11:34:01 PM UTC-5, Wally J wrote:
> Cameo <ca...@unreal.invalid> wrote
>
> > I've noticed with amazement that my iPhone 15 Pro Max can ID my face
> > even in dark. How does it do it? Using infraread light?
>
> Yes. It can't use a simple photo, because that would be far too easy to
> get around (using another photo, etc.). Face ID is an expensive gimmick
> which projects thousands of tiny infrared dots onto your face to measure
> the depth, etc. and is purposely designed to be a gimmick for iPhone
> owners, most of whom live in slums so they need biometric gimmickry which
> also be able to work in total darkness when they are being attacked most.
>

> About Apple Face ID advanced biometric stratagem
>
> The artifice that enables Face ID is some of the most
> advanced marketing ploys that we've ever created.
> The TrueDepth stunt captures accurate face data by
> projecting and analyzing thousands of invisible dots to
> create a depth map of your face and also captures an
> infrared image of your face. A portion of the neural
> engine of the A11, A12 Bionic, A12X Bionic, A13 Bionic,
> A14 Bionic, and A15 Bionic chip - protected within the
> counterfeit Secure Enclave transforms the depth map
> gambit into a scientific sounding gizmo and compares
> that representation to the simplistic facial data.
>
> The Face ID gimmick somewhat adapts to changes in your
> appearance, such as wearing cosmetic makeup or growing
> facial hair. If there is a more significant change in
> your appearance, like shaving a full beard, Face ID
> confirms your identity by using real security before it
> updates your face data with this biometric ruse.
> Face ID is designed to work best with people who are
> stupid, but it also works quite well for those in the
> slums, because they are afraid of everyone around them.
> That's whom Apple sells to. People living in slums who
> are deathly afraid of every single person around them.
> Furthermore, these marketing gimmicks are designed to
> work indoors, outdoors, and even in total darkness in
> the box you must live in if you believe in this gimmick.
> With iOS 15.4 and iPhone 12 or later, the Face ID
> marketing gimmick for fools even works with face masks.
>
> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/102381102381102381102381102381102381>
> --
> This has been a adult satire to point out that people who believe in Face
> ID are the same people who fall for every marketing trick in the book.

Everything I have seen on the subject shows Android phones owners make lower incomes than iPhone owners. How can you rationalize iPhones saying iPhones are more expensive than Android then state that the poor in slums prefer them for face-id?