Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 05:09:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OK, Richmond...
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 24 May 2021 12:09 UTC

0

Here is the metaphor: It is a multi-ball soccer match. Mentally ill people are not supposed to get a ball for more than 10 seconds per year. Uppity mentally ill people who object to this system do not get the ball for more than 1 second per year. The RVA mantra is, "Look at what we DO to the uppity ones who object to our keep-away way of life!"

Do you think this metaphor, and its application to the mentally ill, is not used literally every day against women and blacks in the community? Do you realize that attacking mental patients and their rights is used as an excuse to attack your rights, too? Do you think anything I say will help you defend your rights if you do not behave well? Do you understand the cost of never speaking to me for being mentally ill? Do you understand the cost of hurting people who want to help you? Do you think phony and insufficient concessions will satisfy anyone?

devel / comp.theory / OK, Richmond...