Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: nic...@none.net (TheSidhe)
Subject: question about daemons
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 08:52:48 -0400
 by: TheSidhe - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 12:52 UTC

Is there a way to see what daemons are loaded at Mint startup?

Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa

Re: question about daemons

<scc9sn$1bq3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1609&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1609

From: no-em...@invalid.invalid (Andrei Z.)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: question about daemons
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 17:12:40 +0300
 by: Andrei Z. - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:12 UTC

TheSidhe wrote:
> Is there a way to see what daemons are loaded at Mint startup?
>
> Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa

Daemon (computing) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(computing)#Unix-like_systems

"In a strictly technical sense, a Unix-like system process is a daemon
when its parent process terminates and the daemon is assigned the init
process (process number 1) as its parent process and has no controlling
terminal. However, more generally, a daemon may be any background
process, whether a child of the init process or not."

How To List Startup Services At Boot In Linux
https://ostechnix.com/how-to-list-startup-services-at-boot-in-linux/

How to List All Running Services Under Systemd in Linux
https://www.tecmint.com/list-all-running-services-under-systemd-in-linux/amp/

Re: question about daemons

<cfiGI.5372$0Z7.1601@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1610&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1610

Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
From: nic...@none.net (TheSidhe)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 10:35:52 -0400
 by: TheSidhe - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:35 UTC

On 7/10/21 10:12 AM, Andrei Z. wrote:
> TheSidhe wrote:
>> Is there a way to see what daemons are loaded at Mint startup?
>>
>> Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
>>

> Daemon (computing) - Wikipedia
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(computing)#Unix-like_systems
>
> "In a strictly technical sense, a Unix-like system process is a daemon
> when its parent process terminates and the daemon is assigned the init
> process (process number 1) as its parent process and has no
> controlling terminal. However, more generally, a daemon may be any
> background process, whether a child of the init process or not."
>
> How To List Startup Services At Boot In Linux
> https://ostechnix.com/how-to-list-startup-services-at-boot-in-linux/
>
> How to List All Running Services Under Systemd in Linux
> https://www.tecmint.com/list-all-running-services-under-systemd-in-linux/amp/

Thank you, the command

|sudo systemctl list-unit-files --type=service was very helpful. |