From: joh...@invalid.net (Johnny)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Digital Clock in the Panel
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 16:30:30 -0500
 by: Johnny - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 21:30 UTC

Is there any way to make the digital clock in the panel larger. On my
24 inch monitor the numbers are about an 1/8" high.

I run MxLinux on another computer, and the clock can be made as large as
you want it under properties when you right click on the clock. That
option is not in properties in Linux Mint Xfce, I wonder why?

Re: Digital Clock in the Panel

<iksagfFnnslU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1606&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1606

From: Mik...@ster.invalid (Mike Easter)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Digital Clock in the Panel
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 18:12:46 -0700
 by: Mike Easter - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 01:12 UTC

Johnny wrote:
> Is there any way to make the digital clock in the panel larger. On my
> 24 inch monitor the numbers are about an 1/8" high.

I booted a live 20.2 XFCE. If I change the font size (everywhere) it
also changes the font size of the digital numerals. Settings/
Appearance/ Fonts/ Default font

I haven't yet found a way to just do the clock digits.

--
Mike Easter

Re: Digital Clock in the Panel

<20210710085938.5ddddcda@jspc>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1608&group=alt.os.linux.mint#1608

From: joh...@invalid.net (Johnny)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 08:59:38 -0500
 by: Johnny - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 13:59 UTC

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 18:12:46 -0700
Mike Easter <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote:

> Johnny wrote:
> > Is there any way to make the digital clock in the panel larger. On
> > my 24 inch monitor the numbers are about an 1/8" high.
>
> I booted a live 20.2 XFCE. If I change the font size (everywhere) it
> also changes the font size of the digital numerals. Settings/
> Appearance/ Fonts/ Default font
>
> I haven't yet found a way to just do the clock digits.

After doing some searching, I found it was possible by editing a css
file as root.

I also read an article that said the small font size of the digital
clock is on the Dev's radar. That article was from 2019, so I guess
they don't see any problem with the size of the clock.