computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security

SubjectAuthor
* Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityPatron Saint
+* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityBob Campbell
|+* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWoozy Song
||`* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityJoerg Lorenz
|| `* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityOscar Mayer
||  +- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityJoerg Lorenz
||  `* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security*Hemidactylus*
||   +* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityJolly Roger
||   |`* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWally J
||   | +* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityJolly Roger
||   | |`* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security*Hemidactylus*
||   | | `* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWally J
||   | |  +* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security*Hemidactylus*
||   | |  |`- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWally J
||   | |  `- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityAlan
||   | `* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityBob Campbell
||   |  `* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWally J
||   |   `- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityAlan
||   `* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityJoerg Lorenz
||    `- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWally J
|+- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityJoerg Lorenz
|`* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityChris
| `- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWoozy Song
`* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityJoerg Lorenz
 `* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWally J
  +* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityAlan
  |`* Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security*Hemidactylus*
  | `- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityWally J
  `- Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland SecurityJoerg Lorenz

Pages:12
Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security

<u8haan$2insu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16102&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16102

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 09:06:47 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 16:06 UTC

On 2023-07-09 09:53, Wally J wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote
>
>> That seems one of those facts
>
> It's lovely how you ignorant iPhone owners have no idea that the iPhone is
> exploited _ten times more_ than Android - so you hate the bearer of truth.

You wouldn't know truth if it bit you in the ass.

> Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (Homeland Security)
> https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog

Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security

<u8hac4$2insu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16103&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16103

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 09:07:32 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 16:07 UTC

On 2023-07-09 10:32, Wally J wrote:
> Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote
>
>> No, it is not.
>
> Apple's Stupid iOS Mistake Threatens Millions Of iPad And iPhone Users
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2019/08/19/apple-iphone-ios-jailbreak-security-broken-exploit-warning-danger/?sh=5e7b74f8553c
>
> Why are...

....you changing our posting nym every couple of days...

....Arlen?

Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security

<u8hi8l$lvrr$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16104&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16104

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:22:53 -0400
References: <u8a28s$1i60h$1@novabbs.org> <kpOcneGWDIK8LTX5nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@supernews.com> <u8agmo$1kajh$1@dont-email.me> <u8aujq$29ub6$3@solani.org> <u8b63n$1mfi3$1@dont-email.me> <8dOcnYgKn_9pFzT5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com> <kgtv66Fcd2bU1@mid.individual.net> <u8csl9$3stnm$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kgudedFehi7U1@mid.individual.net> <SWOdnVjYs8aliTf5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com> <u8eokg$7ta5$1@paganini.bofh.team> <NrydnSvCnrXXozb5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Wally J - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 18:22 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

>> Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (Homeland Security)
>> https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog
>>
> Ok whatever you say

It never changes that those who know the least about iPhones are you iNuts.

*The iPhone is exploited in the wild ten times more than Android*
Homeland Security: Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency
https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog

None of you ignorant iNuts knows what's in the news every day about Apple.

Re: Relative number of exploits according to Homeland Security

<u8hj7j$2jle8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16105&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16105

From: suzyw...@outlook.com (Woozy Song)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 02:39:23 +0800
 by: Woozy Song - Mon, 10 Jul 2023 18:39 UTC

Chris wrote:

> Er, what? How do you know the google vulnerabilities are all affecting
> Android? If you follow the Chromium ones you can see that they only
> affect desktop OSes: Windows, Linux and Mac.

Did you notice how iCrazies are, first and foremost, not only ignorant of
everything in the news about the iPhone lack of security, but this Bob
Campbell was desperate to skew the numbers away from Apple's exploits.

He added _all_ the Google bugs to Android, without even looking at them!
When you look, they're almost all Chrome browser bugs in Windows & Mac.

Notice. Mac. Yes. The Mac. The iCrazies didn't even LOOK at the Mac!
https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog

Which means the "Apple" exploits are way over ten times that of Android.
Apple has something like fifty to a hundred times the exploits of Android.
> It's plausible to add Samsung and Android together, but I'm not
> convinced the Google Chrome/Chromium ones are valid to be associated
> with Android.

Did you notice a few weeks ago when the iCrazies posted a thread on the
Android newsgroup saying Apple has 9 out of the 10 best selling phones?

They considered Samsung the _only_ Android phone that was ever sold.
Even though Android outsells the iPhone something like ten to one.

Even if you assume that the Samsung bugs affected all Android phones (which
they can't but let's go with it) *iOS still would be 9 times* the exploits!
>> Thanks for backing up what I said in the other thread.
>> iOS is more secure than Android.
>
> I don't think the data agrees with you. For Samsung devices it's 16 vs
> 52, for other Androids is 6 vs 52.

Notice how desperate the Apple iCrazies are to skew the reliable facts?
They know absolutely nothing about the huge number of Apple exploits.

Why do iCrazies know nothing about the huge number of Apple exploits?
It's because it's not something Apple advertises.

The iCrazies own wacky beliefs that are like those of religious zealots.
> I am surprised the Android numbers are so low. It could be that iphone
> users are higher value targets and so more actively exploited, but I
> could easily be grasping at straws.

You don't know the reason? It's obvious the reason. Extremely obvious why.
Android patches the phone every single day using the Google Play mechanism.

No release is needed.
No carrier is needed.
No reboot is needed.

Nothing is needed.
The iCrazies have no idea how Android is patched.

Android is patched like every other operating system is patched except iOS.

Apple has to wait three to six months to patch an iOS exploit due to the
horrendously stupid single-release walled garden mechanism Apple employs.

In those three to six months it takes Apple to patch an entire release
(even if only one line of code is changed), the eploiters will exploit it.

It's really that simple.

The reason Apple's products are exploited ten to a hundred times more is
simply due to the inefficiencies of Apple full walled-garden control.

> One thing that isn't 100% clear is if these are currently actively
> exploited vulnerabilities or if they are all vulnerabilities that have
> been exploited in the (recent) past.

Good question. I suspect it's a list of "recent" exploits.
But I'm open to those who dig into the database better than Campbell did.

But since Apple only fully patches _1_ release, it's worse than you think.
https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases

Every other release but macOS 13 and iOS 16 is being exploited right now!

> Clicking through a few Apple-specific ones it seems most have been
> patched, and those that haven't are only in older versions of the OS. So
> although it appears bad, as long as you keep your devices fully patched
> then you're, unsurprisingly, much less vulnerable.

*Remember that Apple only fully patches one release and one release only!*
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/

So if those bugs are in older releases, the holes are still exploited.
https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/