From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 18:36:06 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 22:36 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> Given almost all Androids still have the rather functional jack,
>
> not the ones that actually sell in large volumes.

By removing the jack and saying it was "courageous", Apple is extremely
obviously very clearly saying that it thinks its customer base is stupid.

Your excuse that removing the port "adds functionality" is ridiculous.
Don't you ever think before you make up excuses for bad behaviors of Apple?

Given almost every Android phone (except for the few copying Apple's model)
has the functional jack, combined they sell in large volumes, nospam.

The result is that almost every phone ever sold has the jack.
Except the poor (rather stupid) iPhone owners.

Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<ua46mg$2npp7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16157&group=comp.sys.mac.system#16157

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue"
to Hemidactylus
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:17:36 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 23:17 UTC

On 2023-07-29 15:36, Wally J wrote:
> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote
>
>>> Given almost all Androids still have the rather functional jack,
>>
>> not the ones that actually sell in large volumes.
>
> By removing the jack and saying it was "courageous", Apple is extremely
> obviously very clearly saying that it thinks its customer base is stupid.
>
> Your excuse that removing the port "adds functionality" is ridiculous.
> Don't you ever think before you make up excuses for bad behaviors of Apple?

No one has said that removing the port adds functionality, Arlen.

> Given almost every Android phone (except for the few copying Apple's model)
> has the functional jack, combined they sell in large volumes, nospam.

Most high-end phones are going away from an analog headphone jack.

> The result is that almost every phone ever sold has the jack.
> Except the poor (rather stupid) iPhone owners.

There are (according to GSMArena) 298 phones available from 2021 to
today that are in the same price range as Apple's iPhones.

Of those, only 69—less than 25%—have analog headphone jacks.