From: murtaza....@REMOVETHISgmail.com (M G)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Configured and activated nym account
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 09:38:53 +0530
 by: M G - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 04:08 UTC

Hi,
Greetings,

I managed to configure the nym account and activate it.

I had already configured an anonymous account in thunderbird using
omnimix user and omnimix password

Now, I have question regarding sending , and from address , in thuderbird

https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutornymsend.htm

I sent an email using the anonymous account to my gmail id

It still contains from address as 'Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com>'

It does not contain the from address that is the nym identity account

How anyone will reply to my email , that is the nym identity account?

Regards.

Re: Configured and activated nym account

<20231230.120037.c521bcaa@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16286&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16286

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 12:00:37 +0000
Subject: Re: Configured and activated nym account
From: nore...@mixmin.net (Yamn2 Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn2 Remailer - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 12:00 UTC

M G <murtaza.i.gandhi@REMOVETHISgmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Greetings,
>
>I managed to configure the nym account and activate it.
>
>I had already configured an anonymous account in thunderbird using
>omnimix user and omnimix password
>
>Now, I have question regarding sending , and from address , in thuderbird
>
>https://www.danner-net.de/omom/tutornymsend.htm
>
>I sent an email using the anonymous account to my gmail id
>
>It still contains from address as 'Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com>'
>
>It does not contain the from address that is the nym identity account
>
>How anyone will reply to my email , that is the nym identity account?

What was the From address of your message? It has to be the address of
your nym, otherwise OM won't know that it's a nym message.

| 06:32:55.695 0 SMTP message arrived
| 06:32:55.695 0 SMTP message read
| 06:32:55.695 0 Removed directive header: 'O-Nym: Yes'
| 06:32:55.727 0 Nym message found: 'abc@nym.mixmin.net'
| 06:32:55.727 0 Nym 'abc@nym.mixmin.net' correctly assigned to user 'nym'

Btw, I set the O-Nym header to tell OM it has to block the message in
case it's not recognized as a legit nym message (nym known to OM and
assigned to my OM account) instead of then sending it as a normal
remailer message.