Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:10:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Unacceptable Loss, Backing Off, and the Slow Frog That Boils in Hot Water
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 20:10 UTC

It's pretty simple. Many people think they don't need to do anything to deal with some "disgusting (to them) undesirable privilege deficient disabled/minority person." They really believe that such individuals are powerless, weak, politically unsupported, and easy prey in so many ways. Yes, they reason, there will be a few mild "screw you gestures" from emo left-wing wuss activists, but all such gestures can be endured. They see the chess-like fork: Back off or face an unacceptable loss. The problem is, they think they are "tough guys/gals," who can endure any wuss loss that the lefties toss at them. In the face of an actually problematic loss, they would offer some small fake concession and try to slink away to come back to fight another day. The biggest problem of all is, some liberals do understand this mentality, and when faced with unethical right-wing types, they use the frog in the boiling water metaphor. The right-wing frogs think it's a jacuzzi. The last thing they would ever want to do is jump out out of fear of being boiled alive. Then it happens, and they try to just be quiet about it. You wouldn't want the other "conservative" frogs who betrayed you to this fate to understand what they're about to go through.

And yes, again, if you think this in some way absurd or wrong--I think it's a fairly good metaphor, I'm speaking artistically about real-world problems from a unique perspective, if I do say so myself--I encourage you to explain to me what you think any flaw in my arguments that I'm presenting might be. Have I said something illogical or unsupported by evidence? Any mistakes?

devel / comp.theory / Unacceptable Loss, Backing Off, and the Slow Frog That Boils in Hot Water