From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: What functionality do you need on Android that you can't find an app to do it that doesn't contain ads?
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:21:47 +0200
 by: paul - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:21 UTC

*Why can I find all the functionality I need without ads & others can't?*

This is an offshoot of a thread where I learned a _lot_ about ad blocking
(using NetGuard firewall, for example) among other neat things to learn.

I am puzzled why people are seeing ads in their apps.

I have many hundreds of apps and I never see ads displayed by the app
(except when in testing, and then that app gets instantly deleted).

I have as functional an Android device as anyone here, I would think.
All of which are free (most are open source). And I never see app ads.

Why can I do this but others (claim) they can't?
What do I know that they don't know about finding good apps sans ads?

What functionality do you need on Android that you can only get with apps
that annoy you with ads anyway?

I'm sure such annoying situations may exist - but I can't name one offhand.
Bearing in mind I test a _lot_ of apps (scores per week).....

*Why can I find all the functionality I need without ads & others can't?*
--
I'm not asking about ads that pop up when you visit a browser web page.
And while NewPipe is YouTube without ads, I'm not talking about content ads.

Re: What functionality do you need on Android that you can't find an app to do it that doesn't contain ads?

<s9o3l4$f8n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16462&group=comp.mobile.android#16462

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: What functionality do you need on Android that you can't find an
app to do it that doesn't contain ads?
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 08:51:00 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 15:51 UTC

On 2021-06-08 7:21 a.m., paul wrote:
> *Why can I find all the functionality I need without ads & others can't?*

You're quite dim and therefore your needs are extremely limited?

Re: What functionality do you need on Android that you can't find an app to do it that doesn't contain ads?

<s9q0mk$ppl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16492&group=comp.mobile.android#16492

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
app to do it that doesn't contain ads?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 10:12:52 +0100
 by: Chris - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 09:12 UTC

On 08/06/2021 15:21, paul wrote:

> I'm sure such annoying situations may exist - but I can't name one offhand.
> Bearing in mind I test a _lot_ of apps (scores per week).....

This. You spend orders of magnitude more time than others on 'testing'.
No-one cares that much. A few ads aren't annoying and if they are (e.g.
in games) then simply turn on airplane mode.

People have more important things to do with the lives.