Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 21:22:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Revenant -- Help explain Sardok (Ending Spoilers!!)
From: trunksbr...@gmail.com (StuntDummy)
 by: StuntDummy - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 05:22 UTC

On Wednesday, December 1, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Andreas Philipp wrote:
> Yeah, the end of the game is quite upsetting, though the game itself is a
> lot of fun (except for the loading times). As was stated on a gamesite
> recently (don't remember which one) Revenant really is not finished
> completely, or maybe the guys already prepared for Revenant 2 ....
> the FooL <duh_...@my-deja.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
> 821c61$c7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > I finished the game.
> > I'm sure glad I invested the $35 bucks for the logitech gamepad extreme
> > a week before.
> > I can't imagine this game playing any better with the mouse/keyboard
> > control.
> >
> > Anyways, IMHO, the ending of the game kinda sucked the big one.
> > I mean, I already got the idea that Locke was the old king of long
> > ago near the beginning (with that memory he had in Hell).
> >
> > What I don't understand is why Sardok wanted to renew the pact yet
> > again.
> > What was in it for him?
> > I thought he was also trying to ressurect Kraxxus, only he knew better
> > than to mess with the Nahkronoth(sp?) since he wasn't a bloodline of the
> > original family.
> > Far as I can see, he got nothing out of his actions.
> > I mean, I can't picture him wanting to save the island.
> > What did the sacrafice do for the island? it's still destroyed.
> >
> > And didn't it require that the sacrificing person be Locke?
> > In my eyes, Locke didn't sacrifice the girl, Sardok did, so that should
> > have still left the pact null and void.
> >
> > Arggh!!!!
> > did the storywriters get pressed for time at the end or what?
> > Ohh... I sure wish they have an add-on that will complete the storyline
> > a lot better than what they left it with.
> >
> > --
> > /--------------------------------/
> > /0 the names sezs it all... 0/
> > /0 reply: enigma AT ktb DOT net 0/
> > /--------------------------------/
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Greetings from the the far future! I remember getting this game just after I graduated high school when I needed my Diablo fix and wanted another game just like it. The game was glitchy and didn’t run right on my PC. Guess it was too slow for Revenant at the time. But the game left a long lasting impression on me and it wasn’t until many years later that I finally got to see the ending of the game. I was extremely disappointed and very much wished a sequel or at least an add on came for Revenant. But sadly that never happened and we left to wonder what Locke did next after he lost Andrea yet again.

Re: Revenant -- Help explain Sardok (Ending Spoilers!!)

<c941c81c-9c83-490a-9417-4c763c3456f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=265&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg#265

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 05:19:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: genchayd...@gmail.com (Genc Haydar)
 by: Genc Haydar - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 12:19 UTC

I just finished the game (was constantly reminded by the and finally played it through).

But has anyone an explaination for the ending?

Why did Sardok want to renew the pact? Is he just a henchman for Kraxxus?

Maybe Sardok had a pact with Kraxxus?

Was Kraxxus resurrected at the end?

Thanks in case I ever get an answer for this old game :D